Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BPMC Karting Endurance Challenge for 2013

Started by 'The Gaffer', 23, September, 2013, 10:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Dear All Please find attached your invitation to the BPMC Karting Endurance Challenge for 2013. This will be a great evenings entertainment at a modest cost of £35 per driver and if will fill all 16 team places will raise over £1200 for charity.
 Attached are the full details, please pass this on the friends, colleagues, relatives etc. and put up on your company notice boards. If you have any questions or would like to enter a team then please PM Krazy Ken HERE. The event will be held at Teamsport Bristol, Avonmouth Way, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 9YA. Full details of the track and directions can be found on their website www.team-sport.co.uk/bristol

Date: Thursday 14th November 2013 Time: 7.00p.m. start - 10.30p.m. finish Format: 25mins Qualifying + Endurance Race over 2 ½ hours Teams: 5 drivers per team – 16 Teams in total Cost: £175 per team = £35 per driver

This is your chance to be at the sharp end of your own Grand Prix Team, 25 minutes of qualifying will determine the grid for the start of the race with the best lap time taking pole position. The drivers briefing on the night will give the usual rules and regulations which will be supplemented by those below: -

Each driver must drive a minimum of 2 stints. The Teamsport timing system will be the official clock. Most driving penalties will be a 30 second stop/go penalty. Serious driving offences will be a 1 min stop/go penalty. Missing a driver change completely – DISQUALIFICATION

Please organise your team of 5 drivers and come up with a suitable team name. If you can not raise a team of 5 but would still like to drive there will be a team to accommodate smaller numbers. Send all of your team details along with a cheque for £175 made payable to Bristol Pegasus Motor Club to: - PM Krazy Ken for details HERE

This event will raise around £1200 which will be donated to the chosen charity of Bristol Pegasus Motor Club.

Moleman

I will be doing it. I will be taking the team "Rolling Road Blocks" as normal.  :P

I do this one every year as it's really good fun. No noise checks & It don't matter about the weather as it's in doors!  :D

If you haven't done this before then put your name down. you will really love it! It don't matter how good you are. ;D

It won't matter if you don't have a team there are always plenty of spare people to make one up.  :)

Iancider

I'm up for it.  Thinking of finding a bunch of featherweight drivers for my team.  I will probably be 2-4 drivers if anybody wants to complete a team - anybody called Twiggy, Slim or Bones?. :D 8)

Will respond in a few days with some numbers

Moleman

Anybody else thinking of a karting evening?

This is really a fun event & you will leave this with a big smile on your face & really pleased you gave it a go. 8)

You don't need to get a team up if you don't want too? Every thing is provided, you just have to turn up, once you put your name down for this & let Ken know through PM so he can add you to the event & receive your £35.  :)

Moleman

Anyone else up for some indoor karting for a evening?
Come on guys It's got to be better than sat at home watching TV for a change?  ;D

bluehornetrider

Sounds like fun, just a shame its on a Thursday, I have to pick my lad up in the evening, maybe next year >:(

Moleman

This is a car club is it not? ;D
Anyone else up for a evening racing around a indoor curcuit? You don't have to get a team up? You don't have to be any good? & you won't have to worry about the weather?  It is good fun  ;)

Please put your name down here if you are thinking about it.
Thanks Colin.

Krazyken

Well with 5 days to go the event is now SOLD OUT.  Time to renew my rivalry with Moleman, yes folks it's Piston Broke v Rolling Road Blocks all over again.

For those of you that can remember the March event put on by the WSCC Piston Broke were victorious.  What are the odds on a repeat performance? Or is Colin now with his experience of hyper power going to come up trumps?????????????

Answers Below!!!   

Moleman

If i could use mine then we might have a chance. We always seem to get the slow kart! :'(   :) 
This time we will be spiking your drinks with sleeping tablets!  :P

Krazyken

SLEEPING TABLETS!!!!!!!!!!!  I will need those after the event as with the adrenaline still flowing I can't get to sleep till at least 3am.

I see that the excuses have started already "We always seem to get the kart"  and that's 5 days BEFORE the event.  Imagine the excuses on the night.........The wheels were square, Hairy Santa was in the boot, I'm colour-blind and couldn't see the lights change, etc, etc.

You could always try driving the kart! ;)

Moleman

Perhaps I should get some ringers in like you then? Anyone got Jenson's phone number?  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 10, November, 2013, 09:27:16 PM
Perhaps I should get some ringers in like you then? Anyone got Jenson's phone number?  ;D

:))  :))

Krazyken

It almost worked, Piston Broke were in the lead for almost half the race but a series of being taken out by back markers, a spin and a black flag in the last session bumped us down to 2nd.  Still on the podium, but disappointing knowing that we could have won.

Still not as bad as Colins team the Rolling Road Blocks, they finished so far back the organisers had to go into the car park to retrieve their kart!!!!!!!!!!!!  That might be a slight exaduration as Colins team finished 11th out of 15.

A great evenings entertainment with good banter between myself and Colin, it's just a shame we don't get some more entries from the BKCC.

Moleman

You failed to mension it was a girl that had taken you out mate!  :o

We had Mark webber syndrome! you name it & it went tits up for us! Gear box problems, kers not working, pitstop going bad & no booster seat so I could reach the peddles!   :'(
All the luck & best kart went to ken & his young ex-karting ringers! So we get whats left as normal. Jenson had some little commitment in the U.S.A which he said was more important.  >:( ;D

It was really good fun, it is such a good laugh & really cheap & good value for money. Thanks again Ken for doing it.  ;D

Ken & his ringers getting second.  ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully we will get a club team one day.  ::) ;D

'The Gaffer'

Looked like fun guys, I'm surprised there isn't much more interest from the club for these types of events.

Krazyken

Yes the girl that took me out was actually in a BPMC team, I was a victim of "friendly fire".  It reminded me of the famous words from ex racer Stan Thomas.  I can't put them up on a forum as dignified as this for fear of offending someone but ask me next time you see me.

Moleman

We will need some friendly fire of our own next time then mate.  ;)