News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Annual Cherished Vehicle Show

Started by Moleman, 01, January, 2014, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Who is up for Meeting at the White Harte at 9 am this Sunday to take the short 15 minute drive to the show so we can all park together.  8)

Bulldog Bri

benchmark51

fullpint

Got to wait for the wife to finish work so I will turn up around 11 ish. Bri; Last year I took all my papers but no one asked for them. And people just turned up and left as they pleased..  ;D

Moleman

Anyone else up for meeting at the White Harte pub at 9am to go in convoy? Or still going this Sunday?

Moleman
                                        Bulldog Bri
                                        Pilgrim Anna
                                        Benchmark51
                                        Fullpint       (meet us there)
                                        .......?

WALNUT

I will meet you there, Iv had enough of convoys for a bit

Moleman

You can take the lead if you like mate. I can drive behind you & stop any slow moving traffic that gets in our way?  8)

WALNUT

If I took the lead you never know where we would end up.....LOL

Iancider

QuoteI will meet you there, Iv had enough of convoys for a bit

Did the U-boats that put you off?

WALNUT

Colin.
       Did you find out if they are going to give us a club space.

Moleman

I did ask them mate but I now can't remember if they would do this or you just have to turn up together to park next to each other.
I have Emailed them now to see what the situation is.  :)

Bulldog Bri

I'll be taking the banner and set things up so that we've got an area for us ;)
Just wondering if any one has one of those pop up gazebos that could be used on the day for some possible shelter, I can bring my trailer for chairs as well.

8)

Iancider

Weather is important to us and it decides Whether we will go... see what I did there? :D

The outlook is GOOD ish.  But recently the only consistent thing about weather forecasts have been their inconsistency.  This morning Carol Kirkwoood (lovely lady) hinted it was looking good for the weekend then later the same morning anouther BBC forecaster said it is not looking too good and then on Channel 4 we were told it was looking pretty good but there were blue blobby bits on the chart. 

So I have taken a good look at the weather widget - Shepton Mallet being the closest.  GOOD all day Friday = drying ground.  DRY with sun all day Saturday = DRY GROUND probably.  Sunday cloudy but dry until 16:00.  So cross fingers...

All I forecast is that the next forecast will be different!

Moleman

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 28, May, 2014, 10:36:28 PM
I'll be taking the banner and set things up so that we've got an area for us ;)
Just wondering if any one has one of those pop up gazebos that could be used on the day for some possible shelter, I can bring my trailer for chairs as well. 8)
I have a pop up gazebo mate but I cant bring it & the westy at the same time.

Sprint 7

I've got a kit car, I haven't got  a pass, the car is road legal can I come along and join in and meet up with you lot anyway or say bugger and not bother at all. :P  :-* :-\ ;D

Dixie

You can have my pass.
Quote from: Sprint 7 on 29, May, 2014, 06:21:29 PM
I've got a kit car, I haven't got  a pass, the car is road legal can I come along and join in and meet up with you lot anyway or say bugger and not bother at all. :P  :-* :-\ ;D

Moleman

Pete I don't see why they would turn you away mate.

Tony I have had a reply & it's a case of turn up & park when you get there so no allocated spaces mate.  :)

WALNUT

benchmark51

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 29, May, 2014, 06:21:29 PM

Exhibitors are required to register and have a pass, they get in free. Spectators pay a fiver to get in. Just turn up with the rest of us, we won't grass you up and I doubt they'll notice. At worst it'll cost you a fiver 8)

WALNUT

I will prob. join you in convoy, if you will still have me .........LOL

Bulldog Bri

benchmark51

Just sent my form off for this. 11 bob to send 1 piece of paper 8 miles! >:( 

That's equal to 1 months take home pay when I started my apprenticeship 'n' years ago !

Ok, rant over. It's just I haven't had one for a while.  ;D ;D

WALNUT

Benchmark,
        who do you think you are...me, you already have your pass for this show, I think you are a little mixed up with the shows........LOL

benchmark51

Quote from: WALNUT on 30, May, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
Benchmark,
        who do you think you are...me, you already have your pass for this show, I think you are a little mixed up with the shows........LOL

Yeah, think your right.  :-[  I meant, Bristol Motor Club Event - Castle Combe: 27, July, 2014
I dunno, not so long ago it was just me wuckin murds I got fuddled

Moleman

It's only if you want to do the parade laps mate. It's free if you just want to go to the show.  :)
Whats 11 bob?  ???

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Moleman on 30, May, 2014, 07:53:01 PM
It's only if you want to do the parade laps mate. It's free if you just want to go to the show.  :)
Whats 11 bob?  ???

One more than 10    :(

Bulldog Bri

Lucky Ed

Moleman

OK how much is a Bob? & don't say a bit more than a Dave.  :D

Dave you could have delivered it by hand as Chipping Sodbury ain't far.  ;)

PS if you want to hear a rant it cost me a lot more to send off all your forms for the last show & for the stamped address envelope to receive them back again only for one could be bothered to pick them up. That's why you send for them yourself from now on.  >:( 

Lucky Ed

Moleman - I think you need a (track)day out to let off a bit of steam ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Moleman

Anyone else up for meeting at the White Harte pub at 9am to go in convoy? Or still going this Sunday?

Moleman
                                        Bulldog Bri
                                        Pilgrim Anna
                                        Benchmark51
                                        Walnut
                                        Sprint7
                                        Fullpint       (meet us there)
                                        .......?

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 30, May, 2014, 08:37:28 PM
Moleman - I think you need a (track)day out to let off a bit of steam ;D ;D ;D
Yeah. Have a Snickers mate. You turn into a diva when your angry.  ;D

8)

Moleman

Thanks mate I will. That was funny.  :P

Iancider

I'll be there. 

Google predicts 23 mins Colin so we need a prompt departure - or if it is 15 minutes, we will do our best to keep up! :P ;)

Weather is looking GOOD and only a small chance of a shower today so ground is likey to be soft but not boggy.  Rumour of "SUN" by 10:00 and no rain all day YEHHH! 8)

benchmark51

Quote from: Iancider on 31, May, 2014, 11:51:01 AM
I'll be there. 

Google predicts 23 mins Colin so we need a prompt departure - or if it is 15 minutes, we will do our best to keep up! :P ;)

Weather is looking GOOD and only a small chance of a shower today so ground is likey to be soft but not boggy.  Rumour of "SUN" by 10:00 and no rain all day YEHHH! 8)

Hope so, but just in case I went down Ranjani's and got a brolly. Cost me 50 bob!  8)

paintman

As weather forecast is good I will meet you all there.

What's the plan......get there 9.30ish then look for the club banner or meet up outside?

Tony

Moleman

I will have to meet you guys there I'm afraid as the car is still missing a cycle wing. Sorry due to work I haven't been able to get them done in time. :(

Moleman

Tony. If the meeting point is out your way then we will have to meet you in there mate. We should be there by 25 past.   They don't let you save spaces for other people I'm afraid. I'm going to be late so I probably wont be parked next to you guys myself.  ::)

WALNUT

Paintman
             If you park up just inside the gate you will be able to join us as we come in.