News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Annual Cherished Vehicle Show

Started by Moleman, 01, January, 2014, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Just checked my goggle map & it still says 15mins from the white Harte to Allington Farm. Mine must be set on the way I drive then.  :P

Iancider

Nope,

Google must have been taken over by the Met Office and so the forecast journey time changes frequently! ;D

fullpint

Weather was 100% perfect.. Company the same. Good turn-out. Will load a few pics later

Bulldog Bri

Was a good turn out and worth going if only to see so many people getting Chuffed around the field and square and round bales being wrapped! :o

Anna's doing a few photo's later as well. ;) (of the show ;D)

8)

Moleman

It was a really good day. Great weather good company & lots to see.  8)
I do wish they would let us out the way we came in though. It was very challenging for me & Fullpint to exit the place. But worth the effort.  8)

Bulldog Bri

It was a rather convoluted way out ??? and seeing the way we came in wasn't being used, Why couldn't it be used for a way out at that time of day, no more exhibiters were going to coming in! ::)

8)

Pilgrim Anna

A great day out! But need your woodwork skills again Colin. I cracked my wooden trim on back bumper again :(. Other than that a perfect day. Enjoy the pics.

Moleman

Nice pictures Anna. :)
Ok what did you do this time?  ::) Just get Bri to drop one off to me & I will see what I can do.   ;D

fullpint

It was a little tricky getting out Colin.. I did notice a hay bail forming underneath your car  :D

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: Moleman on 02, June, 2014, 11:26:21 AM
Nice pictures Anna. :)
Ok what did you do this time?  ::) Just get Bri to drop one off to me & I will see what I can do.   ;D
Thanks Colin. Just the usual of me reversing too quickly into our hedge! :(

Moleman

Quote from: fullpint on 02, June, 2014, 05:41:03 PM
It was a little tricky getting out Colin.. I did notice a hay bail forming underneath your car  :D
Well the hay came in handy for the house rabits.  8)

Quote from: Pilgrim Anna on 02, June, 2014, 06:40:04 PM
Thanks Colin. Just the usual of me reversing too quickly into our hedge! :(
You will have to cut the hedge a bit smaller then mate.  ;)

Iancider

Yes it was a good day. 

It was little ironic to put the piglets and lambs alongside the barbie. And given current trends, I thought rhe horses looked worried too!

Good to see a gender balance in our attendance and a good age spread too.  Loved meeting Steve and Sandy's Gandchildren - they are SOooo CUTE!

I had some other little visitors in my car - helped in by their parents who declined to politely ask first.  So I watched from a distance and thought it okay but spent the journey howm glued to a sticky steering wheel.  So little visitors are okay but could the parents give them a wipe-down first please! ??? >:(

We also enjoyed the spy in the sky helicopter video camera - Hopefully some video will be posted - may post some myself!

The exit was err interesting - I think we should propose an alternative next time.  I agree that the guy on the entrance could have held the traffic for our exit.  It was also doubly daft because the car park for the visitors was closer to the exit than the entrance!

benchmark51

Yes, I had a little visitor or two as well. Had a good go at the switches, everything turned on. Must of thought it was pretty crap 'cos nothing worked! I always switch the electrics off when parked.

I had a yuk burger, would have been better off playing squash with it! Was going to suggest having a whip round so we could have shared a cup cake. A chip van would have been very welcome there though or maybe a spud-u-like.

We spotted some celebs, Rolf in the the chuffy train and Lara Croft in her best shorts. Half expected her to whip out a gun and shoot down the drone.

Still, very lucky with the weather which helped make it a good day out. I agree they should have let us out of the entrance we came in through, wasn't like there were queues waiting to get in

Bulldog Bri

benchmark51

Moleman

Who's those 2 good looking dudes in the baseball caps?  :P

paintman

Quote from: Moleman on 03, June, 2014, 08:49:44 PM
Who's those 2 good looking dudes in the baseball caps?  :P

Don't know but they look a bit dodgy!!!  ::)

benchmark51

Talk about dodgy, found this pair making a getaway. Think they may have swiped a camera :o ;D

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, June, 2014, 10:35:49 PM
Talk about dodgy, found this pair making a getaway. Think they may have swiped a camera :o ;D

Looks like a modern version of Bonnie & Clyde up to no good.

Iancider

Heres some pics and vids as promised

Bulldog Bri

Another great video Ian. No one else needs to take a camera now to the shows :P

8)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 05, June, 2014, 08:44:12 AM
Another great video Ian. No one else needs to take a camera now to the shows :P

8)

............. and some banging tunes too ;D ;D ;D

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, June, 2014, 10:35:49 PM

:P ;D

Pilgrim Anna

Well done Ian. A great vid. And thanks for letting my son Joao have a go! :)

Krazyken

Brilliant Video Ian.  Nice to see my Great Grandad is still alive and well. ;)

Moleman

Granddad is doing ok Ken. The toilet breaks are getting more frequent but nothing a pair of strong elastic on the bottom of his trousers won't help.  :P

fullpint

Excellent video Ian.. That's a handy little camcorder you have there.. I must get one... Whats the make and model?

Iancider

Its a GoPro Hero 3 Black Fullpint.  No viewfinder so you cant see what you are shooting but with wide angle you dont miss much.  The GoPro Black has Bluetooth and you can remote control it with phone/ipad.  You might whince at the price but it will also film fish underwater!

Iancider

I am pleased you enjoyed the video but I was so impressed with the quadcopter video camera.  I've tried to find some published footage from it but nothing yet.  Here is what it was

http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-QR-X350-Pro-FPV-GPS-RC-Quadcopter-DEVO-10-For-Gopro-3-RTF-p-916860.html?currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_content=miko_ruby&utm_campaign=rc-quad-uk&gclid=CKfyio2v5r4CFQPKtAodfx4Ajw

And here is a perfect showreel from a rival.   8)

Whip-round?

Pilgrim Anna

'Mendip Wurzel'

I have also been looking at some of the cheaper video helicopters on ebay which start from about £40..... not sure how good they are for that sort of money but certainly interesting.

bluehornetrider

I was impressed with how stable it was and when he lost control it just sat in the hover.

Moleman

I had this from the guys that run this show so thought I would share it with you.

We thank all of you who attended the show this year, made it a huge success,
and helped us raise more than £7000 for our Charity Fund. 
http://www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/chippenham/page-6.php
We hope you will continue to support us in our quest to raise money for our charities.
Please mark this date in your diary for 2015, email invites will be sent in the new year.

Chippenham Lions Cherished Vehicle Show and Fun Farm Day
Sunday June 7th 2015, Allington Farm, Chippenham

I will put this one in the dairy for next year.  :D

Iancider

Yes it was a good one but could you ask them to let us out without a cross country run next time :D

Moleman

Iancider

QuoteHere's a chaep starter Gyrocopter cam thingy ::)

Ooh! 8)