Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track Developments open day 10th May

Started by Moleman, 14, March, 2014, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: bluehornetrider on 11, May, 2014, 09:23:00 AM

Got a bad neck now ;D Good shot of the line up though :) Or were they just parked up behind your car? ::)

8)

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: Moleman on 14, March, 2014, 06:40:03 PM
Track Developments open day 10th May

As some of you guys know, Dave Gallop from Track Developments holds an open day for B.K.C.C. every year.
This event is open to 12-15 cars to turn up on the Saturday morning. You will have a little introduction on how your suspension works & the reasons why your car reacts the way it does & how to improve your setup to make your car respond the way you would like it too.

You would then be put into a few groups (Cars not been done before will take first priority) you take it in turns to have your car put on the four corner weight platform to be assessed on corner weight, ride height, tracking & wheel cambers etc Dave will then show you what needs changing & how to do it, where you take your car to the side & do the adjustments with your group while another car in another group is being done.
Once all the cars have been done they would then get checked over to make sure you have done it right & with Dave's expertise he will help with the final adjustments.   

It's a great way to learn how to set up your car with people you know in a relaxing environment with an expert on hand to advise you.
There will also be hot food provided for the day, either hot pie's or maybe a barbecue?

All this will come at a small fee, the price will be posted next week. It won't be much, just enough to cover the cost of food & expenses.

We will also have Ian Stent from Complete Kit Car Magazine who will be there to do an article for the magazine, photo's will be taken & a few interviews from yourselves & Dave Gallop will end up in their magazine.

I get mine set up from Dave each year & would thoroughly recommend it if you have not had it done before.

We will need 12 to 15 cars for this to happen & it will be on a first come first serve basis with reserves at the ready if we get more than 15 people up for this.

So who is interested?

Just to add, this event is on the weekend after Stoneleigh and the weekend before the CKC trackday so a great time to get your car sorted.
oops missed this one. Was working in the evening anyway. A lot of car days out this summer. I am trying to keep on track of them all lol.

chris61

Bloody brilliant day, great to meet a few more from the club, had a refresher from my college days and learnt more to boot! My car only needed a couple of tweaks (testament to how well jb built the car) and there was a noticeable difference when I dropped Joe off and pushed on a bit with the drying roads. Dave is an incredibly knowledgeable chap but bloody lovely to deal with too. I shall be back soon for springs!
Also I now have the excuse that now my car is set for me, my pie and beer intake must remain the same!

Moleman

Chris. I did notice the ride height was a lot lower when you are in the car. Would it be better to quit the pie's & adjust the ride height accordingly?  :P :P :P :P
Only joking mate.  ;D

chris61

Quote from: Moleman on 11, May, 2014, 08:05:23 PM
Chris. I did notice the ride height was a lot lower when you are in the car. Would it be better to quit the pie's & adjust the ride height accordingly?  :P :P :P :P
Only joking mate.  ;D
After all of dave's hard work and introducing me to pieminster pies I think it would be rude to do anything but stay fat! :)

Moleman

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 11, May, 2014, 08:05:23 PM
Only joking mate.  ;D

You could always fit casters under your seat. ;D

Camber Dave

Hi guys
Thanks for your kind remarks.

The weather forecast may have been accurate as to timing but rather exaggerated as regards rainfall and effect so what with Japfest and Badminton I am gratified that any one turned up at all!

Many thanks to those who did and my complete understanding to those that didn't make it. Less knee bending for me  ;)

For me it was good to meet new people – I think most of the cars I did were new to me or new owners.
I think that Phil has already started a poll as to the date for next year. Often members miss out due to holidays and so on so it's up to you.
Also would you like a different format? Anything I do considered.

I will see more of you from now on as I have a car to use. :D
See new post

Thank to you all and especially Tim for the pies.
Dave

fullpint

Sorry I missed this.... Free time at the mo seems very hard to come by  :( Work load is on the up again and come the weekend its grand parent duties.. I really must find the time to get over so you can advise me on my current spring ratings..

Iancider

Yes it was a great day and Dave is a remarkable mine of information here are some happy memories:

TimC

Quote from: Iancider on 12, May, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
Yes it was a great day and Dave is a remarkable mine of information here are some happy memories:

Did they go down ok?

Moleman

They went down very nice Tim. I haven't tried them before & really liked them.  :D

Iancider

The steak pie was VERY special.  Colin phoned to say was unlikely to make it - so I ate his as well ;D - then he turned up OOP!S :o.  But then a few other no shows meant he didn't go hungry ;) :D

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Iancider on 13, May, 2014, 08:27:09 PM
The steak pie was VERY special.  Colin phoned to say was unlikely to make it - so I ate his as well ;D - then he turned up OOP!S :o.  But then a few other no shows meant he didn't go hungry ;) :D

So that's why the bodywork was fouling on the rear tyre at Combe then ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Ed Did you need your fork lift to lift him out after?  :P

Lucky Ed

No, he was very eager to get out after a few laps in the wet ;D :o

Moleman

Iancider

QuoteNo, he was very eager to get out after a few laps in the wet ;D :o

Do you mean the state of the track or the puddle on my seat? :D