News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bike crash at Cheddar

Started by Dixie, 29, June, 2014, 11:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Travelling through Cheddar this morning with Paintman.  Got really hacked off with the shear lack of any type of road sense from the many cyclist that plague the roads around this area.  Anyway, as I was negotiating the many idiots, this one particular looney decided I wasn't going fast enough, so over took me, yes you heard it right a push bike over took me.  Anyway, I had the last laugh.  Just as I got to the final bend between the two big rocks that lead to the last car park, Paintman was stopped waiting for a Audi Q7 to come through the gap.  Mr Knob head on the bike crashed into Tony, rode straight in to the back of his hood.  After a few seconds of me pi**ing myself laughing, we drove off to assess the damage.  There was a little scratch to the back of the hood, no damage to bike, all very friendly.  Then Tony asked how much the bike was worth!!!!!!!!! £7k, yes that is £7000.  Tony reply was a classic, that's double my car.

Cyclist rode off, no doubt to be a menace to other road users.

When I become Prime Minister I am going to make all cyclist take a basic exam to show they know how to use the road, and then ban all of them from riding during day light hours and restrict them to the hours between 12am and 6am Monday to Friday.

Bulldog Bri

Maybe he wanted a ride in Tony's Hood ::)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 29, June, 2014, 11:08:28 PM
When I become Prime Minister I am going to make all cyclist take a basic exam to show they know how to use the road, and then ban all of them from riding during day light hours and restrict them to the hours between 12am and 6am Monday to Friday.

It's a shame that it's only a minority of cyclists that tar the brush :( but if you included HGV's, Caravans, Speed Cameras and Traffic Lights you'd get my vote ;D

...Waiting for a slap from truck drivers & caravan enthusiasts, oh & cyclists too :P ;)

YellaBelly

Sorry Phil but I'm gonna have to disagree, it seems more and more seem to flout the rules and just pee folk off, unless I'm just unlucky and meet every one of the minority....

benchmark51

I have the bad luck of meeting cyclist everyday and the majority of them are rude, arrogant and selfish. It is the fact that as far as they are concerned they have no rules. Certainly none that are enforced at all. If a cyclist causes damage then they pay for it, even a scratch. It is high time they were brought to book or nothing will ever improve.

Moleman

I think everyone can be guilty of having a blonde moment while driving along the road at some point, no matter what mode of transport it may be.  ::) :)

Iancider

I know what you mean - I've seen it too.  I've seen a cyclist pass between pedestrians crossing the road in the Gorge. 

paintman

I think Dixies a bit pissed off 'cause he was burnt off by a push bike.....Lol  ::)

Seriously though, I was expecting a visitor in the car when I heard him yell "oh sh*t" just before he hit the back of me. :o

Sprint 7

Don't get me started on the cyclist thing.The police  give them a right rollocking for flaunting the rules ,but as mentioned they just think that they are above the law and do exactly as they please.
Compulsary insurance  for cyclists would be a good thing just as we have to have Tax, MOT and Insurance. >:( >:( >:(

WALNUT

I think that all cyclist should be able to do what they want, including riding on motorways, they will soon dwindle down to a manageable size.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALNUT on 01, July, 2014, 02:59:55 PM
I think that all cyclist should be able to do what they want, including riding on motorways, they will soon dwindle down to a manageable size.

agree 100% but only be allowed to ride in the centre or outside lanes
just had one go straight through the lights on the feeder, almost got run down by lorry coming across the bridge and turning right, completely out of site of the driver in the cab - and they would have blamed him if he had been crushed under the wheels 

Pilgrim Anna

I know I would be a danger on a bike on busy roads. Think you have to have your wits about you a lot more than a car!!! :'(

benchmark51

What about the large groups of cyclist all dressed up in their kinky lycra taking over the footpaths. They thunder along expect people to have eyes in the back of their heads and hurl abuse if you don't jump out of their way. I saw an old couple recently and he was waving his walking stick at them after they nearly mowed him and his missus down. Of course it is always the fault of the pedestrian. >:( >:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28093374

paintman

Saw a cyclist this morning with two cars parked behind him on the verge.......had a lovely mangled front wheel, but still looked pretty in all his lycra.

Cars one, cyclist nil...Lol :P

YellaBelly

Jan saw a post on a Facebook forum the other day where a cyclist had run down a woman's Golden Retreiver puppy on a path shouting 'stupid dog' as he rode off. She was left with her 4-year old son in tears and the puppy died in her arms! I'm all for a large stick in the front wheel myself!  >:( >:(

fletch_306

Im an avid cyclist and it really pi**es me off when you see some of the guys that give the rest of us a bad name. some people should definitely be banned from cycling.

Iancider

Thanks for that Fletch,

It's good to balance the argument.  I used to be a very keen cyclist but in the end refused to dress like one or travel in packs because the general public had all had bad experiences and I just didn't want to be associated with it.  In London cyclists are like urban terrorists on pavements, the wrong side of the road, the wrong way up one-way streets and even cycling along walls!  I hope that behaviour never makes it to the south west.

benchmark51

Quote from: Iancider on 04, July, 2014, 08:14:35 AM
Thanks for that Fletch,

It's good to balance the argument.  I used to be a very keen cyclist but in the end refused to dress like one or travel in packs because the general public had all had bad experiences and I just didn't want to be associated with it.  In London cyclists are like urban terrorists on pavements, the wrong side of the road, the wrong way up one-way streets and even cycling along walls!  I hope that behaviour never makes it to the south west.

Believe me it has.  >:(

'The Gaffer'

I used to know a bloke once who kept a boxing glove on the end of a broom handle in his van, quick open of the passenger window and 'ZZWAP!' Another cyclist bites the dust!!

..He was a bit nuts though ::)

alastair

Quote from: Moleman on 30, June, 2014, 08:10:35 PM
I think everyone can be guilty of having a blonde moment while driving along the road at some point, no matter what mode of transport it may be.  ::) :)
I agree, but if a cyclist has a blonde moment and plows into a car, thats all it was, a blonde moment. If I have a blonde moment and drive into a cyclist I could end up in prison.

I saw a cyclist plow into the side of a car last week at about 20mph. It was funny seeing him somersault through the air. The bloody idiot wasnt wearing a helmet but was listening to his headphones. Dickhead!

alastair