Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

3rd Sunday Club meet.

Started by Moleman, 19, September, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Sumov8

Weather held out for a nice drive and walk around the lake, coffee was good as well,  Well done Colin nice venue ;)

fullpint

Well done Colin, Cracking venue. Wish I had more time to see the lake..

Bulldog Bri

Some really good pic's there. Quite pee'd off that we couldn't make it. >:(

8)

damouk

It's a shame you couldn't make it Bri, was a nice drive out (especially for me) and I only got slightly wet on my way back :/, thanks to Colin for sorting yet another cracking meet!

Moleman

Was a really good day out, weather was brilliant, drive down was really good it was a really good place to stop overlooking the lakes, we had a great turn out from the club and the place was packed out with lots of people. Thanks to Paintman for suggesting this& speaking to Dave the owner and thanks to Dave the cafe owner for making us feel welcome.

We may have a new member!

'The Gaffer'

I was really sorry I didn't make this one, I broke down on the way on the A4 near Saltford after the car went dead. Luckily I just managed to get off the dual carriageway and called the AA. Great bloke arrived and started checking the car over. It felt like an electrical problem to me and this was proved when he inspected the rotor arm and found the brass connecting strip had broken :(

The fantastic AA guy made some calls and found a new arm in Kingswood and even drove me to the shop to pick it up. By the the time it was all put back and running it was to late to make the trip but I still managed to have a quick blast in the sunshine :)

If you are reading this Mr AA, A big thanks again :)

Ah well, maybe the weather might hold out for another run.

paintman

Glad your all sorted now Phil.....yes it was a good meet and venue.

Dave the owner plans to do a BBQ next year for us.....he was very pleased with the turn out and the response from
the public.

Good Day Was Had By All!! :D :D

Robert

Looks like a nice day out, sorry i couldn't be there with you.

benchmark51

Nice little run out with good weather as well, purfick. ;D
The next one there could be slightly earlier? All the home made cottage pie was gawn ! ::)

damouk

.... so was the Chilli after I got there!

benchmark51

Don't forget the fire blanket when you use the bathroom tomorrow!! ;D

CC Cyclone

A nice run out and good to meet some new members. The car behaved itself and the exhaust problem seems to have fixed itself, which is helpful.

Sorry you didn't make it Phil, still looking forward to seeing the car. One thing to watch out for is the C20LET engine seems to be very fussy about ignition parts and in particular the rotor arm. My car had a misfire after I serviced it and took forever to find out it was the new rotor arm. A bit of research suggested that the Bosch arm is far superior to all the aftermarket ones and sure enough I replaced the 'new' one with a new bosch one that fixed it.

Autovaux were cheapest if you have any trouble.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 19, October, 2014, 08:19:09 PM
A nice run out and good to meet some new members. The car behaved itself and the exhaust problem seems to have fixed itself, which is helpful.

Sorry you didn't make it Phil, still looking forward to seeing the car. One thing to watch out for is the C20LET engine seems to be very fussy about ignition parts and in particular the rotor arm. My car had a misfire after I serviced it and took forever to find out it was the new rotor arm. A bit of research suggested that the Bosch arm is far superior to all the aftermarket ones and sure enough I replaced the 'new' one with a new bosch one that fixed it.

Cheers for that, the AA guy said the same, I intend to buy replacement ignitions spares, just in case. Sorry we never met, is your car on the road for much longer?

Iancider

Great pics - lovely place - sorry I missed it.

Hope you get you car sorted out Phil.

Ian

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: paintman on 19, October, 2014, 07:29:33 PM
Glad your all sorted now Phil.....yes it was a good meet and venue.

Dave the owner plans to do a BBQ next year for us.....he was very pleased with the turn out and the response from
the public.

Good Day Was Had By All!! :D :D

With the BBQ on offer for next year expect a few more will be going. :P

8)

damouk

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 19, October, 2014, 08:19:09 PM

From what I remember from years gone by the better rotor arms have a suppressor fitted which reduces spark wear on the contacts, the cheap ones don't..

Daley Down Under

Sounds like a good run out.  Glad it was an easy fix Phil.

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iancider on 19, October, 2014, 08:38:37 PM
Hope you get you car sorted out Phil.

New rotor arm solved the problem :)

Quote from: damouk on 19, October, 2014, 11:23:40 PM
From what I remember from years gone by the better rotor arms have a suppressor fitted which reduces spark wear on the contacts, the cheap ones don't..

I will do a bit of research on that

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 19, October, 2014, 11:26:17 PM
Glad it was an easy fix Phil.

Yep a £4.99 fix and I'm really pleased I upgraded my bank account to get full AA cover :)
Shame it ruined the run out for me though :(

Daley Down Under

True enough Phil - still plenty of time for run outs  8)

Cheers Adrian

robp

Great to see everyone yesterday.  Nice drive out too (although leaves hurt my face above 50mph! :P)

Quote from: Moleman on 19, October, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

Yes, we haven't got many pink lightweight single seaters!   :P

lake shearwater tearooms

Just a quick line to say thankyou to you all for a fantastic day!! you are all always very welcome here! the feedback from quite a few people was amazing, and so many of you took the time to chat to members of the public and let the children sit in the cars! you are such gentlemen! a real pleasure to have been a part of this fantastic day!! cant wait for the next one!!

Kindest Regards

Dave, Sharon and the team.  :) ;) :D

Moleman

Thanks Dave we will definitely be doing this again next year.   :)

Quote from: Moleman on 19, October, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

Yes, we haven't got many pink lightweight single seaters!   :P
[/quote]
I think even Hairy Santa will be pleased on how light it was?  :P