News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

3rd Sunday afternoon meet

Started by Moleman, 09, November, 2014, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

As you know we have just started up meeting on a Sunday afternoon & I'm conscious of the fact the weather is now turning so but we still get some nice weather occasionally so I'm thinking the next few meeting on this one may be best  not to be that far from Bristol due to out side temperature etc.
So any suggestions where you would like to go as most of the ones I have are further afield & more suited to summer time. I'm thinking where ever we go for the next few months will involve ending up in somewhere warm to have a coffee. 
So far I'm thinking may be Westonbirt Arboretum or Tintern Abbey? But these may be a bit far out for some of you guys at this time of year?
Thoughts please guys? Good or bad they will most welcome.  :)

sanzomat

How about a drive around the south west cotswolds, assemble in Chipping Sodbury, maybe a route taking in Wooton, Tetbury, Malmesbury, Sherston, Acton Turville and finish up in "The Hamptons" back in Chipping Sodbury High St. The Hamptons shuts at 3pm on a Sunday though so would have to be an early afternoon run. This is my usual Sunday morning bike ride and the roads have some nice flowing bends with a few pretty villages along the way.

Moleman

This sounds like a good run. 

Anyone up for Any of these then guys?  :)

Iancider

I like Sanzomat's suggestion that is a good route.

With the Tintern route trip it would be worth extending that with a troll up the wye valley - nice road.

At Malvern is the Elgar trail some of the best views in England - particulalry the beautiful B4128 and access to the spectacular Worcestershire beacon - see the worls longest link below!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Malvern,+Worcestershire/@52.100682,-2.338321,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m5!1e2!3m3!1s-TkRXmDhOJOs%2FVABZdNOOk4I%2FAAAAAAABGTg%2FmbOqYrUd2UI!2e4!3e15!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870f8f837363e53:0x63f8084f85e8c4ad

Westonbirt is not really a goer at this time of year due to the muddy parking.

A meet-up with other clubs would be good out of season if there is something purposeful to do.

Ian

Moleman

How many are up for this one then? Still not sure on the weather yet? But if it's ok is there any definites for this?

I will only if it's dry though.  :)

Dixie

Sorry Colin, only just put the new 4.6 in the Cob.  All plumbed up and finished wiring yesterday.

1st start this weekend, then rolling road, then back to full fitness.

M

Moleman

Ok Mark thanks for letting me know.  :)

paintman

Sorry Colin, putting on new cycle wings, led rear lights, hopefully a new re-spray and part wrap so be off the road for a few weeks.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 14, November, 2014, 08:38:47 PM
Sorry Colin, putting on new cycle wings, led rear lights, hopefully a new re-spray and part wrap so be off the road for a few weeks.

Curious :)

Moleman

Due to the damp weather conditions & lack of people we will put this one on hold for the summer. :)