AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

20th June Castle Combe Action Day - Now to include Complete Kit Car show.

Started by sanzomat, 21, February, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Nice one Dave. At least you learnt something about your car.  8)
I like the if you don't spin out your not trying hard enough. It's one of my sayings.  8)

paul

Quote from: Iancider on 21, June, 2015, 09:38:55 PM
Thanks Moleman for being my brave passenger,

I have just seen my follower's video and I was going proper quick in some places - it is no wonder it got a bit out of shape on occasions.  You didn't panic and you didn't exit via the emergency door either.  I need to make it smoother and that needs practice - roll-on August!  8) 8) 8)

He's holding on rather tight though  ;)

Couple from the session

paul

Quote from: sanzomat on 21, June, 2015, 10:34:42 PM

One of the guys from GTMOC posted this of me being followed by another GTM, an old coupe, in the first lap or two. Only taken with a phone but I thought it was quite a nice pic.

The guy following me was videoing so I'm looking forward to seeing the view of the back of may car.

Hi sanzomat,
I think I might have at least a couple of you and the other GTM if you and him want to contact me via here or my website...

(images hyperlinked..)

Regards,
Paul

Moleman

Nice pictures Paul. You can still see my finger prints embedded in the side of Ian's westy.  :P
I got a good video of the flames coming out of Richard's omex car at llandow.  8)

Jagodo

It was a really good day, in a low pressure sort of way. I was pleased to get out on the track by booking on the day. I managed to get my Dutton up to 98.77mph on the straight which is 5700rpm in 4th. That was just after passing the one car that was slower than me. Straight after that I had a spark plug lead come off and I had to 'retire'. I was very pleased with the way that the car went and handled, two up with a full tank of petrol and with my toolbox, jack and spare wheel in the boot. The photographers did a good job too.

robp

I did smile seeing these two battling it out around Quarry!

The conductor reminds me of those guys hanging off the motorcycle outfits around the Isle of Man TT!  ;D

benchmark51

I remember those open back buses, jumping off on the corner of your street to save walking back from the bustop. Also running after them, after missing the bus because you knew they would slow down enough at the next junction for you to jump on. You had the odd cranky conductor, but in the main they were ok. ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 22, June, 2015, 09:49:39 AM
I remember those open back buses, jumping off on the corner of your street to save walking back from the bustop. Also running after them, after missing the bus because you knew they would slow down enough at the next junction for you to jump on. You had the odd cranky conductor, but in the main they were ok. ;D

Yeah happy days!! Never saw anyone get hurt, health and safety these days would have a fit!!

Facial Hair Optional

I'm gonna stop reading this thread cos I'm still crying that I failed the bloody noise test  :'( :'( :'(

So so sooooooo jealous of you guys that got to go round  :( :( :(

Moleman

I thought you sorted it in the end mate?  :o Did you manage to sell it on?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 22, June, 2015, 09:23:40 PM
I thought you sorted it in the end mate?  :o Did you manage to sell it on?

Didn't sort the noise issue Colin but got my money back minus a ten quid handling fee. Happy with that but would rather have gone round the track. Tiger was 103dB. Doesn't sound a lot but the guy said the noise doubles every 3dB!!

Found out too late how easy it is to fiddle it to go round though after a 'mate' in a Scooby at 105db got onto the circuit!!

Serves me right for being too honest!!

Couldn't fit one of Merlin's baffles as I have a rolled end on my exhaust pipe which would have meant cutting it off!

Saw you on Points West mate!!! By the look on your face I am guessing Alex is just as lovely in real life as she looks on tv!!?? I've never seen you so quiet ha ha!

Well done all 5 of you, great job indeed. Very 8) 8) 8)

Bulldog Bri

Found a video of the day. @0.36 there's a fury spin

8)

Lucky Ed

I've got some great footage of Dino driving my car, including a big moment and a great save at Quarry :o

I will post it later this week when I get back from Cadwell.

Facial Hair Optional

Great video and even better sound track, love it!

I must adjust my gopro for a better POV like yours, I see too much of the back of my head for my liking!

Lucky Ed

Dino Zamparelli taking Ben Conolly for a few interesting laps in my car at Combe.

It's amazing how quickly he learns the circuit, on the first flying lap he's doing 130 mph up Avon Rise, and is not the slightest bit fazed by the car getting out of shape. He keeps pushing the limits until he found it at 6:40 :o He says he now knows it's not a good idea to change down after turning in as it seems to unsettle the car a bit :o ;D He also said he was struggling with a manual box as he has only used flappy paddles since 2008.

He's only ever done 4 laps at Combe before, and that was to get his competition licence some years back. I can't wait to see what he can do in August on slicks - if I can bear to watch! I'll upload the second half of the video in the next couple of days.

Moleman

Lucky Ed

Yeah just a bit! He said in a different car he oversteers it a lot to find where the limit of grip is, and then calm it down after a few laps.

I wouldn't mind but that was a new set of 888's on there  :o

'The Gaffer'

Iancider

sanzomat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B8MyV5IL_Y&feature=youtu.be

Link to some video taken by the GTM coupe that started behind me on the 15:15 session. He stayed behind me for a couple of laps so I can see my car form the rear. Hard to judge the quality of my lines as mostly staying out of the way of faster cars - note to self - start at the back of the session to get a clear circuit whilst learning!!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 25, June, 2015, 08:40:30 PM
Yeah just a bit! He said in a different car he oversteers it a lot to find where the limit of grip is, and then calm it down after a few laps.

I wouldn't mind but that was a new set of 888's on there  :o

Probably just as well the way he was driving! :P

8)

madmarkymark

Sorry for the delay - just wanted to say big thanks to Colin et al who organised the day.  I had a great day out ... even though I failed the noise test.  Ordered some Acoustafil some hopefully get it under the 100 mark.  Thanks again.