News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What's this? Anyone help?

Started by speedy555, 19, October, 2009, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedy555

Hi everyone :)
Looking for a new 'project' and have been offered this car - However no matter where I search I cant seem to find out anything about it ... name, age or anything! Though it does look familiar and is allegedly cortina mk3 based.
Thanks

'The Gaffer'

Hi there and a warm welcome to the club.

If you get 2 mins please introduce yourself in the intro area telling us a little about you and where you are from etc etc.

As far as your project goes, I cant say I recognise the car. Hopfully someone will be along who knows what it is.

Does the seller have any history?

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 19, October, 2009, 09:35:18 PM
Hi there and a warm welcome to the club.

If you get 2 mins please introduce yourself in the intro area telling us a little about you and where you are from etc etc.

As far as your project goes, I cant say I recognise the car. Hopfully someone will be along who knows what it is.

Does the seller have any history?
Is it a Dutton Melos?  What does the V5 say?  Hope it doesn't say Cortina :(

Bulldog Bri

I was gonna say Dutton Melos as well though the front doesn't look quite right  :-[ and the rear arches are to straight out from the body. If it is a Dutton, check the fibreglass carefully as they aren't known for very thick or strong bodys  ::)

The other car it could be is a 'Scorhill Magic' kit car though can't find to much on this one for now.

8)

speedy555

Thanks - been to the intro area now too!
Im trying to find out more on the car, and just waiting to see if he has a V5 or plates or anything for it.  It could come my way in a 'deal' , and to be fair think that is how the current owner has got it - was told to just move it as it was in the way!
God only knows what it is, or if it's worth pursuing if it's no ID !? lol

Dixie

Thanks - been to the intro area now too!
Im trying to find out more on the car, and just waiting to see if he has a V5 or plates or anything for it.  It could come my way in a 'deal' , and to be fair think that is how the current owner has got it - was told to just move it as it was in the way!
God only knows what it is, or if it's worth pursuing if it's no ID !? lol
Only go for it if the V5 is correct and it doesn't mention the donor car.  If it says Cortina, walk away.  There is no way in this world would a Dutton pass a IVA which is what would be required if the V5 was wrong.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 19, October, 2009, 09:43:02 PM

The other car it could be is a 'Scorhill Magic' kit car though can't find to much on this one for now.

8)

Found this 'Scorhill Magic' pic on a .nl website. Not so sure unless this a later one.

speedy555

Well it turns out no logbook, and no number plates. So going off the advice above r.e. IVA test then looks like Ill have to turn it down :'(
Shame really, but onwards & upwards :)

Richard

Think with those items missing turning down is the right thing to do and not really a shame given what you would end up doing if you had taken it.

'The Gaffer'

Ah well, too bad. You really would have had your work cut out for you. Plenty more realistic projects around though.

Shame we didnt manage to I.D the car for you.

Keep us up to date :)