+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe trackday Mon 5th October

Started by Lucky Ed, 15, September, 2015, 08:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

Okay, enough fence sitting - it looks like I am going!

benchmark51

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

I hope so Colin for you guys but the latest forecast says rain moving in Sunday eve or Monday daytime and it looks like in places it will be heavy  :(

Fingers crossed it will miss Combe cos at the end of the day that little patch of England is all that will matter come Monday!

Moleman

Well not long now & I have packed my slicks & intend to use them. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

I'll be coming to cheer you on Colin! Tin top only though I expect. I can't wait to see you do a bit of drifting on slicks if it's wet!  :o

Moleman

Well it was a good dry sunny day. Car went well as normal.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ok maybe just a little damp now & then.  ;)

Ok is was really wet where a few of us aquaplaned doing about 50mph along the straights.  :o  we would have been better in a speed boat.  ;D  We did do some good laps in the end but it was like driving on ice & very slow up to normal so I didn't do that many laps. It did take a lot of concentration even going that slow but it was nice to test out my wet driving skills.  :)

Lucky Ed

As Colin has said, it was a bit of a challenge today, as it was really a case of tip toeing round and trying not to end up in the barriers, as any throttle input got the car out of shape. At least both of us came away without ant damage, and had the added bonus of not using much fuel or wearing any tyres out.

Big thanks to Iancider, FHO & Flipper for calling in to give some moral support - we needed it!

Strangely nobody asked for a passenger ride today :o

Iancider

QuoteStrangely nobody asked for a passenger ride today :o

Didn't have a wet-suit! ;) :P

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 05, October, 2015, 08:17:34 PM
It did take a lot of concentration even going that slow but it was nice to test out my wet driving skills.  :)

Did you test out your new wet tyres, Colin?

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah it was a real shame for you guys. With the size of some of the rivers on track we could have brought our swimming cossies instead! I got a few very short vids of Colin and Ed coming (steadily!) round Camp Corner in the one brief not-so-wet moment after lunch, I will try and see if I can get them to upload from my phone sometime though there's not much to see really as the guys had to take it pretty slow just to stay on track!

Moleman

I didn't try them out Rob as Combe had rivers & dry spots so I thought I would save them for Spa next year.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Pictures of the day!!

Ed's car looking wet

Colin packing up to go cos it was so bloody wet (he changed his mind later and braved the conditions on track)

Ian and Ed talking suspension (or some such nonsense  ;D) while getting even wetter

Colin hurtling into death trap corner!

Colin and Ed doing front crawl through Camp Corner - did we mention it was wet??

Still a great day - I learned a lot while sat in the cafe eating and talking to Ed! Half an hour well spent that was!

Moleman

Though's laps did seem slow. I could have read a book while I was going around the track if it wasn't for the fact of trying really hard not to aquaplane off.  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

I have a couple of videos too Col but it does look slow. In one though you an hear the change in the sound of your car as you hit the straight on the approach Avon rise. I think it might have been the sound of the new (or old, I forget which way round it is) tarmac in the wet?