News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Daylight Saving Time - Clock changes - Your views?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 27, October, 2009, 10:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Personally, I'm sick to the back teeth with all these clock changes. It was easy years ago when you might have had one clock on the mantlepiece and maybe one next to the bed.

These days it takes me about a week to change all the damn clocks and timers >:(

Not to mention the jet lag effect and a real upset to my bio-rhythms too :o

I think they should compromise, just go 30 mins and keep it at that for ever.

What do you think?

Furore Phil

Oh - not too bad here, most of my clocks change themselves :-)

Much prefer the October change, get a nice long lie in.

Bulldog Bri

Didn't get to see any lie-in this year  :(

Had to take my daughter back home to do her Sunday paper-round

8)

Richard

Phil, you'll be wishing for the times before the railways synchronised the clocks soon  :D.

One of my cars clock is now right again  ;)

Quarrycars

I live half the year in Arizona which is one of a couple of states that does not change the clocks.  A little confusing as the surounding states do change.  We are in the Mountain time zone but California and Nevada are in the Pacific zone.  During the winter we have to put the clocks back one hour when we cross the river but in the summer the time is the same.  Not the biggest proplem in the world though!

'The Gaffer'

With a huge country like the USA I would accept a little tinkering with time zones is absolutely necessary, but a little place like the UK with archaic rules still in place from WW1? No, I still think we should compromise and set a new time +30mins and stick to that.

It would be called G&T ;D

Quarrycars

Agree time zones are nessary but we all get along fine in AZ without fiddling with the clocks twice a year.  I'm a morning person, used to be at work in CA at 6AM and just as I was able to ride my bike to work in the daylight we would shift to daylight saving and it would be dark again, frustrating!

YellaBelly

Don't have time to worry about time personally.

Speaking of which, it must be time to get back to some garage time :)

OK, I', getting my coat as I type.... ;)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Still with Summer Time all year round is what I say. They tried it a few years back, as some may remember, and it was much better in my opinion.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: MendipWursel on 11, February, 2010, 10:40:08 AM
Still with Summer Time all year round is what I say. They tried it a few years back, as some may remember, and it was much better in my opinion.

Did they!!!!!!  :o Don't remember thatfar back  ;D

8)