News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

A blast from the past

Started by benchmark51, 05, December, 2015, 02:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Just found an ad on Ebay for a leaflet about a project I had some involvement with.
I took a car from this project to Castle Coombe and drove it around the track in between races as a demonstrator. Handed out leaflets to interested people who could have their Europa's converted to this design.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251800425666?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Facial Hair Optional

I remember seeing one in the showroom back in the day when you were involved mate, yellow I think it was (seriously)

Was that in Hanham or Oldland Common or somewhere near there?

benchmark51

GS cars was in Tower road south, opposite the King Billy pub. It had a showroom, where you might have seen it but more likely to be at the GS Lotus centre. The place where it was made, where I worked,which was in Two mile hill, Kingswood. Just down from the Kingsway traffic lights.

Facial Hair Optional

It was the place in Tower Road South Dave, for defo.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 05, December, 2015, 02:09:37 PM

I took a car from this project to Castle Coombe and drove it around the track in between races as a demonstrator. Handed out leaflets to interested people who could have their Europa's converted to this design.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251800425666?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wow, they actually allowed you to sales demo a car on the track? :o, even between races that must have meant a lot of string pulling.

benchmark51

It was a long time ago and the coombe was a very different place. Even had little boxes to pee in then :-X. None of the buildings that are there now.

'The Gaffer'

It sounds a very different place. Much more friendly but possibly not as safe maybe.