+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Flashing Light!

Started by paintman, 16, November, 2009, 12:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintman

Yes something did cheese me off today!! Try driving 150 miles with a faulty warning light flashing STOP!! on the dashboard all the way down and back from the coast!!

At least it wasn't in the hood but my van....another job to do!!    Tony

Bulldog Bri

Bit of sticky tape over the light could have helped ignore it till you got home ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hope you get your van sorted. Those warning lightd are a pain in the a*se.

paintman

I did stick some tape over it  when i got to my destination but when it got dark it still flashed a red shadow!!
I only just changed the dash, as the digital speedo stopped working and i was told the dashboard assembly would have to be purchased at the princely sum of £630 + VAT!!
After picking myself up off the floor,  i decided to visit a few scrap yards where i picked one up for £50. Whilst fitting it i noticed a bulb missing on the back of the panel which i replaced.....obviously the previous owner had the same problem!! ;D

'The Gaffer'

paintman

I got a Fiat Scudo. Good workhorse....the only other thing to go wrong beside that in the last 3 years was the belt driving power steering ect. which snapped but it still got me home. (I had arms like Popeye!!)      Thats tempting fate a bit.....shouldn't have said that!! ;)

'The Gaffer'

Ah, dont know much about the Fiats. Thought I could have offered some advice.

I have owned many others.

paintman

It's the same as a Peugeot Expert and Citreon Dispatch, different badge but most parts are the same which is handy! The speedo came from a Dispatch.  (bit of fasinating info that!!). :)

'The Gaffer'

If it has a Peugeot hdi engine, check all the fluid levels are ok like oil level, water level, steering oil level and even brake fluid level.

Does the van still run OK?

paintman

Its a Jtd engine in the Fiat Scudo, similar to the HDI Italian version...Alfas use Jtd's but tuned up to produce more power.
I checked everything I could think of, all seams fine. Its running well, i've done 200 odd miles since the light started flashing and it will still does a ton....upps... I mean 60!!
I'm going to take the dash out again at the weekend and remove the offending bulb. According to the handbook, the"STOP" light should flash in conjuction with the warning light.....ie. temp, oil presure, battery ect. staying lit, so you notice it easier I suppose.

'The Gaffer'

Well my guess is, as long as it runs ok, take the bulb out ;D Probably a service centre reset at £50 to turn it off just because of an over sensitive glitch.

As you said I think in a previous post, someone else did the same thing.