Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Trimmer for roof and doors

Started by ronan29, 10, September, 2018, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronan29

Hi All,

I'm new the forum but skipped the intro post as I'm not technically in the club yet, as I don't own a kit car but am seriously considering buying one from a friend of mine.

The car is a 2001 Vindicator Sprint 1600 running a highly tuned Pinto unit that I am told is "frighteningly fast". We'll find out on the test drive.

The reason for the post is I am hoping someone can recommend a decent, and hopefully, cheap trimmer in Bristol or elsewhere that could put together some wet weather gear, ie. doors and a roof for the Sprint as it currently has none?

I've had one quote of 1200 - 1500 quid which might be enough to put me off if I can't find one cheaper. I dont plan to use it in the wet for obvious reasons but the weather being what it is I don't want to not have the option to button down if the weather turns on me when I'm out and about.

Cheers n beers!
Ronan

'The Gaffer'

Hello Ronan

I wish I could make some recommendations but having never had any trimming done I cant, sorry.

fullpint

Just go topless  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D My previous kits were and I managed 6 years in them. Ok it does limit the use a little when its hammering down but that's all part of the fun!!!

benchmark51

I think www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk/ are up for doing 'one offs'. If you contact them they will probably help.

When I got a half hood for my Locost, I bought one made for the largest Caterham and made the screen surround and rollbar to fit. I did measure up hoods when at Stoneleigh show and the Caterham one was closest to my measurements.