News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Don't people use indicators any more ?

Started by Furore Phil, 02, January, 2010, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furore Phil

ARGH! I hate people who don't use indicators, or use them wrongly.

They are there to let other people know what you are going to do, i.e. set them going before you do the manover, NOT AFTER !

You are waiting to pull on to a fast road, see a car coming, so wait, only for them to pull in ! what would it have cost them to signal ?

Or those who continue to signal right on a round about and then pull off !, so again you can't pull out.

Hmm, I wonder if fitting a paintball gun would cause problems with IVA ?

YellaBelly

Totally agree Phil. Somebody went to great lengths to design the car so that the indicators et al are easy to get at without so much as lifting your hand off the wheel, but there are so many lazy gits out there that just cannot be ar$*d!!  >:(

Never mind paintball gun, I'm thinking more along the lines of armour-piercing cannon :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Phil on 02, January, 2010, 07:23:35 PM
ARGH! I hate people who don't use indicators, or use them wrongly.

I can do a fair bit of driving with my work and it never ceases to amaze me just how lazy some people are combined with a total lack of respect for other road users.

If I didnt fear for my life so much, I'd pull someone over who hadnt used their indicators at all for a 10 mile stretch on the motorway and explain to them they appear to have a serious electrical fault with their indicators and suggest they get to a repair garage quick.

It would be interesting to see what sort or reaction I got ???

And dont start me on middle lane hoggers >:(

paintman

Am i being sexist but don't you think women are worst than men for not using indicators?

I followed a women the other day for miles on open road and in town. Not once did she use them, not even on a round-about leading off a fast dual carriageway.   She was chatting to the passenger non-stop, with a cigarette on the go at the same time.. >:(...her head was all over the place, it got me so angry!

Bulldog Bri

To be honest, I feel Taxi drivers are the worst!!! followed by the elderly. Women are more guilty of not appreciating other drivers when they are let out of a turning or similar.  ;D

8)

paintman

Thats very true.  It really annoys me when you give way to another car when its really your right of way and they blank you! >:(      How much effort does it take to be polite? ???

Quarrycars

Hey...it's hard to use your indicators when you have a call phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other!

paintman

Surely you mean a mobile phone and a lip-stick.....  ;D