AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

how to remove caterham front upright bottom bearing...?

Started by damouk, 02, January, 2016, 07:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damouk

Can someone tell me the easy way to get the bottom bearing off from my caterham uprights? I have given them a good wallop to no effect what so ever, they are currently soaking in WD40.

Facial Hair Optional

The last time I removed a bearing from anything I remember using a bearing puller. It was a looooooong time ago though Damo!

If you are still stuck in a while I can contact my mate Steve who owned 5 (he used to hire them and raced them too) I'm sure he will know as he did all his own rebuild and service work. He's not a million miles from you either. Sound guy, I am  sure he would help you out.

benchmark51

I'm not familiar with this upright, I assume that the photo is of a new one? The section above the thread is where the bearing sits? The old bearing is stuck on this section?

damouk

I can't believe you've never seen a Triumph Herald front upright Dave, lol you are indeed right on all accounts though, they are a modified version used in the caterham apparently.

Problem sorted, seems the overnight soak of wd did the trick they slid out lovely.

benchmark51

I have seen them, a while ago now though. This is how I remember them :o

even new is a lot different

damouk

The bottom pic is how mine look, although mine have stub axles :P