News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

I really dont like the snow

Started by 'The Gaffer', 27, November, 2010, 04:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Ok, ok call me a spoilsport but this snow really cheeses me off. I dont like the cold either >:(

As my work can involve a fair bit of driving, its also dangerous and if I cant get somwhere, I dont get paid.

Join me on my way home from work in Devon last night, start of quite a blizzard..

Heres a shot I took of our last cold spell - Its the A38 just outside of Thornbury.

Forget snowmen, snowballs and sledge rides - Give me a nice warm place to live, a house with ocean views with great roads and a track to play on a nearby. Oh, and lots of well paid work. Cant be that hard can it??

Actually, probably yes it can or I'd be doing it already.

Whats all this crap about global warming??

Rant over.

Daley Down Under

Phil,
Could be worse - I was in Aberdeen Mon-Thurs this week.  It took 2 hrs to get back to the airport and they had to de-ice the plane before we could leave.  Got back to Heathrow late then Meet and Greet company had me down for a later flight.  Eventually got home at 11:30pm!!!!!!

'The Gaffer'

You are right Adrian, imagine living in Moscow or somewhere like that in the winter. They are expecting the coldest winter in 1,000 years!! Temps down to -25 :o

I still dont like it though :)

WALNUT

Im lucky, Im in a position where as soon as it gets a bit cold, I hibernate, and dont go out untill it warms up a bit. I just hope we get better weather by the time our christmas meal comes around, other wise I might ask to have it delivered. lol

Tony

Quarrycars

I like snow.....on mountains in the distance, looking pretty, not tramping around in the stuff!

paintman

If it's as cold next week i'll bring my wet tilecutter indoors......bu**er the carpets!! :P

Furore Phil

Too cold to work in the garage !

Even with the heater on full and a nice hot mug of coffee, I couldn't stay out more then a couple of hours. I already have one side piece of the GRP on and was hoping to get the other side on today.

I removed the suspension, made up a template and did some of the prep work but had to give up. I think the silicone probably wouldn't have set anyway. It did last weekend, surisingly. It's ancient stuff, I've had it for around 5 years ! Reaks of amonia, but really grips well.

YellaBelly

Spent a couple of nights last week fitting central locking and an alarm to the wife's ragtop. After about 2hrs my feet stopped existing and I when I finally went in around 1 1/2 hrs later it took around 30 mins to get them back online :(

It's a;lso a real PITA when it comes to feeding/watering the horses. All the pipes freeze up in the yard and even with pipe lagging everywhere it takes around 5 kettles of boiling water to get the damn tap in the yard working. If that don't work then it's a couple of dozen trips backwards and forwards with water from the house  >:(

I love the winter crisp mornings etc. but roll on spring.....

Denzle

What changes with our body as we get older.  In my early 20s to my 40s I would think nothing of laying in the snow under a car or JCB with just my overhalls on.  Never gave the snow a second thought I just got on with it. Spanners in the hand as well.

But now in my 60s I hate it.  It takes all the time and money to keep the house warm enough.   Even without the snow its still too cold to go out and polish or repair the car or camper.

When I decide and go over to the garage you can bet Im back inside 10 mins.   I also hate the winters.

Quicker its all gone...the better for me.    Lets get back on the road without the rag top and have some fun.  In the sun.   :P

van cleef

It's crap up herein Aberdeenshire ,just last week we got rid of the last batch which was almost 20 inches in some places and was down to-13 on one of the day's.Then today we are up to about 6 - 8 inche's and i'm a self employed roofer so it looks like i'll be looking for a new vocation next year.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: van cleef on 19, December, 2010, 10:01:05 PM
It's crap up herein Aberdeenshire ,just last week we got rid of the last batch which was almost 20 inches in some places and was down to-13 on one of the day's.Then today we are up to about 6 - 8 inche's and i'm a self employed roofer so it looks like i'll be looking for a new vocation next year.

A good roofer could always find a job in Spain. Forget vocation - think about location ;).

paintman

Everybody is struggling in the building trades at the moment.  Don't know anyone snowed under with work (excuse the pun).  Two years ago I was pushing 2-3 months work but this year the most i pushed was a month.....usually a couple of weeks. :(

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

I've got this week as holiday and was hoping to change the cam in my kitcar, at the moment there is no chance as it's snowing again and freezing.

A few pictures up through Burrington Coombe yesterday. Very nice....

Furore Phil

Well this will cheer everone up. Just think about this poor chap...

Grin-a-lot

I went out for my first Westfield powered snow spin yesterday...

Great fun was had, no damaged caused but a fairly hefty cleaning routine followed!

Denzle

It takes some believing, but a couple of nights ago we in Evesham and Pershore had the coldest record on that night for the whole country.
    Can you believe it.....  -19c    :o

We had icicles 3 feet long off the water guttering all along the bungalow.

Had to remove them from above the door in case someone was speared if one fell.   :P

Never in all my years have I seen weather like this in the UK.    :'(

robp

Yes!  Woke up this morning and all the snow had gone.  Yippee!  Dull weather and still a little chilly but I'm back in the garage and spannering.  Great!   :D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: robp on 27, December, 2010, 05:26:16 PM
Yes!  Woke up this morning and all the snow had gone.  Yippee!  Dull weather and still a little chilly but I'm back in the garage and spannering.  Great!   :D

My repairs have ground to a halt at the moment. I'm trying to replace the cam and there is a whole lot of superstructure in the way stopping me remove it from the engine. A simple task has now become very difficult.... O well.

Furore Phil

Sounds like fun, can't wait till I have a rear wheeled car again...

Gotta make sure you remove all that nasty salt - metal worm loves it. I think it makes cars taste nicer  :D