News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

How lucky am I? Look what I got a free ride in!!!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 25, August, 2015, 12:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

The day before the rained off Tintern blat I went over to Wales and managed to wangle a passenger ride in this!!!!!!!!!

To quote J. Clarkson "what a macheeeeeeeeen!!!!!"

The weather was great, the car even greater.

Such an amazing bit of kit, a thing of beauty. I can see why you guys who have experienced the yellow ASBO2 at Combe and Llandow rave so much about it.

Daley Down Under

It is truly outstanding (and nearly as light as the wheelie bin in the background  :D

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

Yes Adrian, my photography skills could do with a bit of improvement I must admit!

It is pretty light, about 460kgs I think? (the car not the bin  ;D)

Daley Down Under

I remember trying to keep up with him at Llandow (one of those impossible tasks in life)  :D

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

I've seen both ASBOs on youtube and not much if anything passes them. A lot of that is driver skill though I am pretty sure. There is even a video of the yellow one keeping up with an Atom at Combe!  :o

Moleman

The yellow one came up for sell just as I bought my new engine if it was a week earlier I may have gone down a different route.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Apparently the guy who now owns the yellow one was gonna go halves with a mate on an Ariel Atom until he drove the ASBO!

Crunchie Gears

I think I have seen the yellow one at charity day at Combe last year.  It was very quick.  Not surprising at that weight and the guy could drive it too. :D :D

Facial Hair Optional

Yes it was there. That was the creator of the ASBOs Robin Davies driving it and he is very good! I think his middle name must be Stig or Ayrton (or maybe Colin, Rob, Ed, Dino or Rivsy!!!) or something like that!

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 25, August, 2015, 09:56:37 PM
Yes it was there. That was the creator of the ASBOs Robin Davies driving it and he is very good! I think his middle name must be Stig or Ayrton (or maybe Colin, Rob, Ed, Dino or Rivsy!!!) or something like that!

Yes, I spoke to him about the car but did not know it was so light or  until I saw it on the track it was so quick.  It looked really sorted.

Facial Hair Optional

It's weird but also living proof that it's not all about power to weight ratio. It has a lower power to weight than my Fury and I'm sure a lot of the VFC boys 7s and yet goes round as quick if not quicker than most. Partly driver skill I suspect but a lot is to do with how well it is set up and the prodigious amounts of grip it has. It can brake later and turn in sooner on the corners and hence carry more speed out of the exits which by the time you get to the end of the next straight translates into a much higher terminal speed before the next corner.

The fact that it can stay with a supercharged Atom which has at least twice the power really speaks volumes. 160bhp from a Suzuki GSX R1000 but what also really impressed is how quickly it can stop! Very, very short stopping distance  8)

Very special little cars and a credit to both Robin and Andrew who built and owed them. I could have stood and stared at that little red one for hours, in fact I pretty much did!