+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Quantum

Started by benchmark51, 03, December, 2016, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Thinking about getting one! Got proper doors and a roof so would make a good runaround. Easy to get in and out, lockable, decent boot space. Insured as a kit car so no NCB problems. Uses XR2 fiesta bits.

fullpint

A totally usable car mate.. Like you said with a roof, doors and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HEATERS :)

benchmark51

Got one now! Wants tidying, but nothing drastic. It's the 2+2 and has a good hood and a fibreglass hard top, even has a cd changer and a HEATER  :P .

'The Gaffer'

benchmark51

Came with a shed load of spares, gearbox,d/shafts,rad, carbs, 2x new clutches, rear axle, boxes of electrics, bearings, gaskets ect. Usable as is, but needs a few jobs doing for MoT. Registered '86 on a 'D' plate.

'The Gaffer'

Very smart and tidy looking car 8). Are you selling your existing kit?

benchmark51

I haven't given it much thought to be honest, although one day it will be inevitable I suppose :-X. Not in any rush but will consider selling Ratbag or maybe the Tranny. I do get a bit of grief about parking around here, mostly from people who haven't got a car!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 06, December, 2016, 06:14:14 PM
I do get a bit of grief about parking around here, mostly from people who haven't got a car!

Typical that ::)

fullpint

Roof, heater and a CD player,, Its a proper car then mate hahaha

benchmark51

Yeah, it's all quite tame and civilised. Tuner,tape and cd unit. Heater bumps it out, the hard top has a heated rear window and a removable sunroof. Hood irons fold down out the way and are not removed when soft top removed. Has a device that locks the transmission. 1.6 cvh engine, vulcan stage 1 head, dtmr weber. Also a boot big enough for a body :o ;D.

benchmark51

Had a little play with the quantum today. Fitted the hard top and had a check around, made a few adjustments. Found the rear lights unusual though, the stop/tail is wired to be rear fog/tail. The rear fog light is wired as stop light? Checked the sierra wiring diagram and it is stop(21w)/tail(5w) together and rear fog(21w) on it's own. Local MoT place said they thought it would be ok?

Electric windows are a bit slow, boot seal not sealing, cv boot split, handbrake a bit high, ignition light slightly on all the time, belt tight and seems to be charging ok though. Overall not too bad and the engine/box working ok. 1.6 cvh not exactly a cossie but ok (for now) ;D

fullpint

Sounds like a proper kit car then mate :)

benchmark51

Quote from: fullpint on 23, December, 2016, 04:26:53 PM
Sounds like a proper kit car then mate :)
Yes, but the heater is very effective and no noise or wind! Got a bit wet inside with the hood on, dried it out and hopefully it will stay drier with the hardtop on. Hardtop has a sunroof so that might leak.

fullpint

Surely a bit wet tho is better than soaking wet when only having an aero-screen :) :) HEATER!! Need one soon, thinking about popping out just for a little refreshing run to keep the brakes free..

benchmark51

That's very true! I well remember getting colonic irrigation in Ratbag more than once. :o. Haven't gone near the car today, shopping with my daughter :-X, omg :-X. Tried out so many perfumes in Boots, I now smell like a tart's handbag. At least I got the ones she likes. So bit of grub, shower and off for a few sherberts. Don't think I can face any telecrap tonight.

fullpint

I did watch Home Alone on TV :) :)

benchmark51

benchmark51

Hope to get the Quantum on the road this week. Proper doors, removable hard top and hood, heater and a fairly big boot ;D. The Quantum drives fairly well but is no racer but that's not why I got it. Performance wise it will take Zetec, Duratec (even diesel)along with fwd transmission. I suppose there are lots of fwd engine and gearbox's that could be used. It weighs in at around 820kg, about 200kg more than ratbag but hardly a juggernaut is it.
The other attraction is it is lockable. It has the usual steering lock, red key switches, current sensing and shock alarm and a transmission lock(reverse).