News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Member to club

Started by MIKEC, 30, December, 2015, 02:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIKEC

New member to the club after seeing and getting inspired at the last Bristol show decided to join in the fun for new year

I bought a Aries Motorsport about 3 years ago got most parts but still need more.Never started it, this is the year !!!
Gonna re build the engine 1st where the best place to find spares for a 1300 711 block cross flow need gasket set filters etc etc
seals for the gear box any clues ? any body got any bits,cross flow exhaust fib re glass parts prop shaft ?

Also have a 1984 pulsar kit car (beetle base) that needs a complete rebuild not sure that its the club thing but still a kit need a windscreen badly however cannot find one anywhere (Citroen GS ) know where to look did find one but wanted £500 for it (crumbs!) worth more than the car.

Have 95% complete J C Midge special not sure its classed as a kit car its in poor condition however safe to drive (1959) had it checked structurally  would drive it out this summer on a run, great fun.You could use as a good example how not to build a car !!! made of wood !!! however it is all legal don't want to bring shame on the club!!!

Cheers
Mike C

Moleman

Welcome to the club. Feel free to put up some pictures of your kits. Even though your cars may not be on the road yet you are still welcome to join us on our regular meets & outings that take your fancy.  8)

sanzomat

Welcome Mike. This is a very diverse club so pretty much anything goes. The only negative comments I've heard about anyone's car were when FHO turned up in the hair dresser special but even that wasn't entirely serious! There is an amazing depth and breadth of experience on here and you'll find tons of useful advice and even a few offers of practical hands on help. looking forward to meeting you at an event (when my car is back together!). Feel free to turn up in your tin top or ask for a lift.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 30, December, 2015, 04:45:12 PM
Welcome Mike. This is a very diverse club so pretty much anything goes. The only negative comments I've heard about anyone's car were when FHO turned up in the hair dresser special but even that wasn't entirely serious! There is an amazing depth and breadth of experience on here and you'll find tons of useful advice and even a few offers of practical hands on help. looking forward to meeting you at an event (when my car is back together!). Feel free to turn up in your tin top or ask for a lift.

They were just jealous that night Dave, I hear Colin has been into the salon for a 'back, sack and crack' several times since then!!!  :o :o :o :-*

Welcome Mike! There is a guy on ebay sells gakets and bits for old Fords, he may do other cars as well I'm not sure. I used him for gaskets for my pinto sump. I will try and dig out his details for you.

Facial Hair Optional

Lucky Ed

Hi Mike, welcome to the club. As you can see there's plenty of 'friendly' banter here, and any car goes but we do insist on photos ;)

Google Gaskets for Classics, they've got an ebay shop and are very helpful if you phone them up.

FHO, you've beaten me again, you need to get out more often ;D

Bulldog Bri

Hi Mike. Welcome to the club.  ;D

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 30, December, 2015, 06:44:26 PM
Hi Mike, welcome to the club. As you can see there's plenty of 'friendly' banter here, and any car goes but we do insist on photos ;)

Google Gaskets for Classics, they've got an ebay shop and are very helpful if you phone them up.

FHO, you've beaten me again, you need to get out more often ;D

I am out Ed, I am flying my plane as we speak. Gotta land now, see ya later!!!  :o

'The Gaffer'

Hi Mike and a warm welcome to our club. As mentioned, any cars are welcome here, and it appears you have quite an interesting selection 8)

Iainl

Mike welcome to the club from a fellow Aries builder/owner

fromeflyer

Welcome onboard. If you need any info on Beetle related bits (engine/suspension/brakes) l would be happy to give you advice (I run a short wheel based beach buggy).
Cheers

Brandy Barrel

Mike, welcome to the club.
Can't wait for some images, especially a 'wooden' car, lol
I have a crossflow tubular manifold, atlas axle and gearbox.
Also a prop shaft but you will probably need to cut it down, open to offers.

Iancider

Mike,

Welcome to the club - think we might have bet at the Bath & West show.  You have a very interesting collection of cars there.  Please post some pics and share them with us. Whereabouts are you - let us know and we can put you in-touch with a few of our locals.

Happy New Year
Ian

paintman

Hi Mike and a warm welcome to the Club!

Sounds like you got your hands filled with that little lot.....good luck with the builds. ;) ;)

Tony

garry h

Hi Mike welcome to the club as previously said some pics would be good  :) :)

Crunchie Gears

Welcome to the club.

These guys know a bit about 1300 cross flows  :D. http://www.procomp.co.uk

foggy@smr

Welcome to the club.....

Newish member myself, and its all good banter and helpful hints on here..

One thing that I have learnt over the last few months....

If you think it will take an hour to do something on the car, well double it, add at least another hour, then have a coffee and carry on...  :P

Best of luck on all of the rebuilds  :D

CC Cyclone

Hello & Welcome.
Have you tried Pilkington Classics for the screen? They have been really helpful so far with my searches for windscreens.

https://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/classic-car-glass/classic-car-windscreen