News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The UK Furore

Started by Furore Phil, 16, April, 2011, 08:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furore Phil

Thought it was about time I post an update on mt Furore - ok not quite so far on as John's   :D

So I could still get access to the engine I made the passenger fire wall removable - just needs a coat of paint.

Here's how it's all going together :

Finally got around to painting the steering rack.

'The Gaffer'

Taking shape there Phil 8)

YellaBelly

Looking good Phil, when's your first qualifying? :D

Quarrycars

Great job Phil, all the work will be well worth it when you are cruising around Calne ;D (This summer?)  Keep up the good work 8)

Furore Phil

Don't think it'll be ready for a while yet guys (lack of funds).

What with all the good weather we are having, I managed to clean out a lot of the junk in the garage (most went for recycling, some tagged for ebay). This meant I could get one of the side pods down from the loft !

Ok so it's only balanced in place, but it's looking a little more like a car now !

Hopefully we'll get some good weather over the many bank holidays that are coming up so I can get the garage door open for a day to let me shape & fit the rear body and engine cover.

paintman

Your doing a grand job.....be worth it in the end when your cruising round or "burning off" the boy racers. :P

Tony

Quarrycars

Quote from: Furore Phil on 17, April, 2011, 08:08:00 PM
Ok so it's only balanced in place, but it's looking a little more like a car now !
Be careful with those sidepods Phil, I dropped mine and am now having to pay someone to repair the gelcoat in prep for painting :(
Actualy quite a few patches of 'spider web' cracking in the finish, don't know if that is a result of rough handling or the shipping, hopeing to have paint on it by Easter.

stupott901

Looking good it all be worth it in the end i enjoyed the build part of my car

Furore Phil

Thanks guys ! taken a rather long 2 1/2 years so far...

I've been storing the side pods up in the loft. So they've had a while to harden ! One tip I did pick up though, don't forget that fiberglass isn't completely stable and will sag over time if not supported. I kept the pods face down on a pile of rock wool insulation to prevent flattening the surface and to minimise sagging. Only the far corners have dropped a little bit, but that should be correctable when bolting it on. From the bits I have cut, the GRP is generally quite thick, but the gel coat is thin. Doesn't seem to be any spider webs yet, hopefully it will stay that way.

When I went to see the demonstrator being built I was surprised by the amount of dust that was on it from grinding grp and metal and that Ross was leaving metal tools on the side pods ! Fortunately the wife was throwing out a pair of old curtains that I'm now  using as dust sheets.  They are also good at preventing scratches from wayward tools and other stuff I store in the garage.

Hope I'll have some more pics soon !

Quarrycars

Sounds like you are taking much better care of the GRP bits than I did :-[

Furore Phil

Definitely a rolling chassis, it rolled out of the garage !

Need to work on the other side & the engine bay, so it was time to turn the car around. Nice and light still, I could move it with one hand, even on the flat !

'The Gaffer'

Making some good progress there Phil.  This time next year maybe? :)

Denzle

Stick at it.... Its looking Goooooooooood.

Denzle.... ;)