News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Fullpints Mk Indy winter up-grades..

Started by fullpint, 28, December, 2011, 03:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Before I renew my insurance I thought I would give the Indy Blade a little TLC. Wishbones in need of a refurb I think..

So the front end was stripped down;

Popped into work this morning and paint stripped the parts followed by a blast;

This was followed by a powder coat;

Also cleaned the underneath!! Tomorrow I will bolt her back together.

stupott901

Looking good it's handy having your own powder coating facility

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: stupott901 on 28, December, 2011, 07:50:34 PM
Looking good it's handy having your own powder coating facility

Just a bit :)

Nice job, looks great.

Hairy Santa

fullpint

Cheers guys. Would of done the magnesium cam cover but before I do I need a spare gasket at hand just in case.
Whilst up on the stands I will give her an oil transfusion with a new filter. Must get that choke cable fitted once I can work out where to put a return spring to close it off when warmed up..
Up rights and steering arms now have a fresh coat of Gloss Black on em.. :D

fullpint

Wishbones are back in place.. Just waiting for my mate to fabriate me some new mounting brackets for my lights. Should be about 4 inches higher and about the same further out. Hopefully the beam will then past the nose cone!!

fullpint

Got my plastic nut cover caps today.. They do tidy it up a lot. Covering those nasty bolt heads  :D
Also fitted my KK Indy grill and cut some mesh to sit behind it. Just sprayed the mesh yellow and will hopefully mount it tomorrow.
Looking a lot better now.

fullpint

Well the mesh and MK grill are in place now.
Started to look at doing an oil change until I found out I had NO sump plug!!!
So I managed to purchase a sump with a modified plug.
But me being me I just had to powder coat it..
:D :D :D :D
Also got my newly fabricated light brackets today. These will be painted on Monday and then I can put the front end back together..

fullpint

Found some BIGGER lights for the MK and powder coated them White. I may have to make up stronger brackets tho.. Need a night test drive.
Also fitted a end can from a Westfield megablade in the hope to reduce my current 115db... :o
Nope;;; Went to Combe on Saturday and its still loud? 108db so I think a bike can is needed.

'The Gaffer'

Very nice :)

I had 2 professional stainless internal cans on my Blade kitcar, still never went through combe soundcheck without an extra external add on can from Merlin motorsport. BEC's are hard to get through test, its partially due to the revs they ask for, bit unfair if you ask me.

fullpint

Yep, got to try and hold it at 7,500rpm.. I will try a stock R-1 can but if that fails I guess it's no track time for me, well not in this car  :(

TimC

Quote from: fullpint on 14, February, 2012, 07:19:24 PM
Yep, got to try and hold it at 7,500rpm.. I will try a stock R-1 can but if that fails I guess it's no track time for me, well not in this car  :(

Well, not at Combe perhaps - although there are numerous bike-engined cars that have been around there.  To pass noise tests though I think you'll need a very effective can, an enclosed airbox and also have to stop virtually all vibration and resonance related noise.

fullpint

May be worth me buying my own db meter to play around with.. Save going up to the track every other week  ;)