Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Caring with Cars 2011 9th July 2011

Started by tickious, 15, April, 2011, 07:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

RMW50

Guys,

For anyone who lives up to the North of Bristol, there is a little convoy starting at the NEC, then Strensham services on the M5, then via A roads to the "Air Ballon Car Park" (I am sure that this may mean something to those more local...) then arriving at Caring with Cars possibly around 10.30 - if anyone is interested in joining let me know or add in the the link below...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=113&t=1019644&mid=248889&i=20&nmt=Convoy+to+Caring+with+Cars%3F&mid=248889

Rich

paintman

Quote from: knuckle head on 05, July, 2011, 06:53:01 PM
Can I add my name to the list please... :D

Are you on the Piston Heads 400 list......if not you won't be able to go, but you could always email them to get on there maybe. ::)

Dixie

Tony, you are correct.  If name isn't on the list, you won't gt in.

Good news though, the numbers have been increased to 450.

I have removed my name, so thats another place available.

Weather looks bad though :(

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Dixie on 05, July, 2011, 10:56:59 PM
Tony, you are correct.  If name isn't on the list, you won't gt in.

Good news though, the numbers have been increased to 450.

I have removed my name, so thats another place available.

Weather looks bad though :(

Recon it will be rained off from what I can see

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

Not going by the BBC Weather today says its gonna be a bright day.  ???

8)

Bulldog Bri

BBC have changed their minds again,  >:( back to showers  :'(

8)

paintman

I shall go as long as it's not pi**ing down from the start.....it gives "cloudy" on the 10 day weather forecast i use......the BBC forecast is always wrong i find!!

Tony

paintman

Correction.....I can't go now!  >:(

Coming back from Dixie's thursday night developed a noise from the offside rear of the Hood and on investigation found the drive shaft is nackered......can't get spares so will have to get a complete drive shaft assembly.

Think the needle bearings are breaking up as the car took a couple of violent twitches at the rear ..... not funny as i was not hanging about at the time! ???

Hope to get it done in the week if i can get the parts.

Tony

Denzle

On my PC it gives am showers....for Bristol....  Denzle... ;)

Grin-a-lot

I'm a bit nervous about the weather so may well stall and see how it works out.  I'm a fair weather cyclist/runner/driver anyway...

'Mendip Wurzel'

The weather now looks okay tomorrow.

Cloud in the morning with sun later, no rain (BBC weather which is usually fairly accurate).

It says the event is from 10.00am to 4.00pm, so no rush to get there.

I'm going.

Grin-a-lot

I might opt for a later start in that case.

Bulldog Bri

Copied direct from BBC Weather at  23:30.   It will be a mostly dry and fine day with plenty of sunny spells but a few light showers are possible from time to time. Winds will stay light.

We will be at MacDonalds at 09:00 tomorrow morning, to run down and meet up at the Aston car park for 09:30 as suggested earlier in this tread.

See you all there.

Brian & Anna

8)

Hairy Santa

I might be running a bit late in the morning , but will make a phone call to see if I can make it a bit earlier--

Bri where is the car park in ashton that they are meeting at just in case - cant see the post

Hairy Santa

Bulldog Bri

I'm gooing to delay things for an hour too see if things settle, though not sure about the fact that this is in a field, and there's been a lot of rain the last few days, it gonna be muddy thats for sure.  >:( :( :'(

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 09, July, 2011, 08:11:40 AM
I'm gooing to delay things for an hour too see if things settle, though not sure about the fact that this is in a field, and there's been a lot of rain the last few days, it gonna be muddy thats for sure.  >:( :( :'(

8)

I assuming no 9.30 meeting at Aston?

Grin-a-lot

I've been out and about this morning and I'm getting bored of seeing GT40s, Aston Martins and ferarris!  There are some gorgeous cars heading over!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 09, July, 2011, 08:11:40 AM

8)

Agreed.

tickious

Good day had by all once the rain stopped. Enjoyed watching a viper accidently doughnutting in the field :) And nice to catch up with Pete n Rich again. (cheers Rich!)
My drive shaft gave up on the way home. Trying to keep up with the super car convoy on the way down probably didn't help. Now trying to get sorted quick in time for Donington next week. Wish me luck!  ???

Denzle

Quote from: tickious on 11, July, 2011, 12:35:14 PM
Good day had by all once the rain stopped. Enjoyed watching a viper accidently doughnutting in the field :) And nice to catch up with Pete n Rich again. (cheers Rich!)
My drive shaft gave up on the way home. Trying to keep up with the super car convoy on the way down probably didn't help. Now trying to get sorted quick in time for Donington next week. Wish me luck!  ???

Good Luck....... ;D

RMW50

Quote from: tickious on 11, July, 2011, 12:35:14 PM

Dave,

I really hope that you manage to get it sorted, especially as it is your last time out to play before the impending happy event...

Dont forget to keep in touch, even when you have to let the 205 go in the interests of having your first born!

Rich