AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Prescot Hill Climb - Drive your own car up.

Started by Sumov8, 18, July, 2013, 09:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Sumov8

Just had this sent through from "Piston Heads" if anyone is interested for a run out :-  Sunday 11th August.

We are hoping to take some cars up to the Prescott Revival hill climb and car show, home of the Bugatti owners club. It's near Cheltenham, not far from the M5.

There you can drive up the hill at whatever speed you like for £30 for 2 runs, with subsequent runs at £15 each. No helmet or race suit is needed - if it's road legal then you'll be allowed to take it up the hill. Noise limits are overly generous or non-existent.

There are stalls and other attractions, a cafe and many enthusiasts to chat to, as well as lots of exotic machinery blasting up the course.

Here's a video of me driving up last year in my TVR:

Our convoy will be meeting at Morrisons car park at J17 of the M5 (Cribbs Causeway) at 7.30, in order to get to Prescott at about 8.30. It's an early start, yes, but this is necessary to get decent parking as a group at the event, making it easier to get access to the hill during the day. There's also the possibility of free runs if you have something particularly interesting (organiser's discretion) and are willing to take paying passengers.

It's a relaxed day out amongst like-minded people and entirely free to attend. All sorts of car clubs are already signed up so there will be lots to see.

Please see this thread on Pistonheads to join the convoy - everyone is welcome:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1308819

Hopefully we can put together a great selection of vehicles and have a spiffing day out.

Cheers,

Graham (V8S on Pistonheads)

Edit: added to calendar

'The Gaffer'

Looks like a great opportunity to have some fun. I am seriously interested but early Sunday mornings are just not for me. It's a possibility though.

robp

Yes please!  Sounds like a fun day out with lots of interesting cars and I've always wanted to try Prescott Hill Climb.

I have entered on the PH site.

robp

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 19, July, 2013, 10:26:32 AM
I am seriously interested but early Sunday mornings are just not for me.

If you struggle to make it to Queen's Square on Sunday mornings then a 7am start for this event could be painful for you, Phil!! :D

alastair

I would really love to do this  but im out with the lads the night before so I dont think I will be in any fit state especially at 730am.  :( :(

Moleman

It's the same as the summer Classic show but I don't think my car will be ready for either.  :(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: robp on 19, July, 2013, 10:31:54 AM
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 19, July, 2013, 10:26:32 AM
I am seriously interested but early Sunday mornings are just not for me.

If you struggle to make it to Queen's Square on Sunday mornings then a 7am start for this event could be painful for you, Phil!! :D

Haha, 7am is the still the middle of the night for me on a Sunday morning, let alone getting there for 7am, that is nuts ;D