Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Ariel Atom Factory Visit / Tour

Started by 'The Gaffer', 03, January, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

I have been in contact with the Ariel Motor Company based in Crewkerne, Somerset and they have kindly offered us a tour of their factory on a weekday during February 2014. What better way to spend a few hours off of work 8)

The tour will last around 1 - 1.5 hours dependant on how many questions are asked and will commence either at 11am or 3pm to give us a bit of flexibility.

We will need to aim for a maximum of 15 people and there will be a charge of £15 per head if the maximum number is reached. It was stressed that this fee is not for profit but will be given to charity (Last year it was the Air Ambulance - This year to be decided)

As their suggested dates are not convenient for some members, we have some spaces left for the second visit so if you want a place to see this amazing factory get you name down now.

It's not often many of us will ever get the chance to have a good look around this factory and actually watch the Ariel Atom being made, so please get your names down quick to avoid disappointment.

Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th of February, both at 3pm.

Review or the Atom 300 in Wales inc Llandow track.

The new Atom 3.5

UPDATE

OK all change I'm afraid. Ariel have had such a busy beginning of the year that our provisional dates are not suitable for them.

They have however suggested and put in their diary for us the Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th of February, both at 3pm. The second date someone has given up a day of their annual leave to show us around as a big gesture of good will :)

So here we go again. I will put names down in the same order and if you could confirm yes or no for either date. Maybe you are ok for one but not the other but there is still a maximum of 15 per visit and the names will stay in preference order unless someone drops out.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we are dealing with a supercar factory with more urgent needs than showing a load of wanna-be's around their factory. (Actually I do know a couple of members that could afford an Atom :-X :))

Tuesday 25th at 3pm

1.   The Gaffer - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
2.   Moleman -  Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
3.   Lucky Ed - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
4.   Sumov8 -  Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
5.   robp - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
6.   Dixie - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
7.   Cob68 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
8.   Jasperpilchards +1 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
9.   +1 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
10.  SYLVA7 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb Had to pull out but paying. 1 Space free.
11.  Zephyr - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
12.  bluehornetrider - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
13.  dave_bence - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
14.  Stupott901 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
15.  Gemini - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb

Wednesday 26th February at 3pm

1.   baz-r +1 - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
2.   +1 " - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
3.   MOZZY - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
4.   Iancider +1 - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
5.   +1 " - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
6.   scottie5 +1- Ok for Wednesday 26th February
7.   +1" - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
8.   Remowill - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
9.   Andy - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
10.  Satchellm +2 - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
11.  +1 " Ok for Wednesday 26th February
12.  +2 " Ok for Wednesday 26th February
13.  ms57 Ok for Wednesday 26th February
14.  SYLVA7 - Provisional Ok for Wednesday 26th February - Needs to confirm ASAP so still free until then.
15.  ?

We still have a few places left for this one on the 26th. Let me know ASAP if you would like to go.

VERY IMPORTANT: I have not had the opportunity to collect the charitable fee of £15 per head from most, so it is imperative that you bring cash to the factory. ANYONE that does not show will still be asked to pay, you have been warned!!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Moleman

Both dates are fine by me. so put me down for the first date but I can swap if need be.  :) 

Iancider

Wifey happy - she gets me on Valentines day now.   :-*
Feb 25th looks okay and if somebody finds the 26th difficult I could swap

stupott901

Lucky Ed

robp

Sumov8

Zephyr

Either day is good for me :)

Bonus point: Gonna tell the mrs I changed the date so I could spend valentines day with her!!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Zephyr on 17, January, 2014, 12:45:32 PM
Either day is good for me :)

Bonus point: Gonna tell the mrs I changed the date so I could spend valentines day with her!!

You fraud ;) ;D

scottie5

dave_bence

Cob68

Hi Phill, sorry been away, I am OK for the 25 th. Cheers Tony

baz-r

satchellm

I'm in for the 26th, I might have a mate interested in coming along as well.

'The Gaffer'

Because of the date changes we have a few spare spaces for the Ariel Atom factory tour. If I can fill the 15 places for the second visit it will be just £15 per head for charity.

Put your name down if you want to visit this exclusive supercar factory on the 26th Feb 2014. A chance not to missed.

You will see the Atom being made 8)

Sumov8

Colin

Any plans for a meet up and convoy on this event?

Moleman

Hi Steve. I think that would be good. If the weather is good then it would be great to go down in convoy. If it's crap then we could go down in one car as we don't live far from each other?  :)

There is 3 options as I see it? we can go down the M5 & meet up at gordano services, Go down the A37 picking up people at various meeting points on the way down? Or just meet up at the factory?

What does everyone else think?  :)

If the weather is dry I'm up for driving the kits down in convoy down the A37.  :)

Sumov8

I will be driving the tin top as I have to leave straight from a course at work, but am still happy to meet up depending on what time people wish to leave

Zephyr

Hi guys, is there anybody going from my way? Devizes/chippenham? Would they like to split fuel costs?

Gemini

Hi, Looking forward to meeting up with you on Tuesday 3pm.

bluehornetrider

I'll be leaving from Chippenham, where would you want picking up from?  I'm hoping to join up for a convoy but don't know what time to set off yet.

Dixie

Hi Phil.

Do you have a address and postcode please?

We will meet you there.

M

Iancider

Address for those that need it:

Ariel Works
Yeovil Road
Crewkerne
Somerset
TA18 7NR

Ian

Zephyr

Quote from: bluehornetrider on 22, February, 2014, 03:37:47 PM
I'll be leaving from Chippenham, where would you want picking up from?  I'm hoping to join up for a convoy but don't know what time to set off yet.

How is chippenham train station?  Anywhere really :)

bluehornetrider

I can meet you in halfords car park as it's easier to get out of than going up station hill, what time do you want to meet?

Zephyr

Quote from: bluehornetrider on 23, February, 2014, 08:12:56 AM
I can meet you in halfords car park as it's easier to get out of than going up station hill, what time do you want to meet?

Yea sure!
How is 1.30-2pm?? I have the day off so its up to you really

bluehornetrider

1:30 would be good as I'm not sure how long it'll take to get down there.
Can you pm you phone number if we can't find each other, I be orotund the side of halfords as there is usually plenty of parking there.

ms57

Hi, if there is still a place left for Wednesday I would like to come please. Tried replying to your recent email, but not sure if you got it.

'The Gaffer'

Ok, just a reminder for those booked on the tour of the Ariel Factory Tuesday 25th February at 3pm (FULL Now 1 space left) and the Wednesday 26th February at 3pm (1/2 Places Left)

A few people have organised to meet up on the way but essentially for most it will be meeting at the factory.

Address for those that need it:

Ariel Works
Yeovil Road
Crewkerne
Somerset
TA18 7NR

Tuesday 25th February at 3pm

1.   The Gaffer - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
2.   Moleman -  Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
3.   Lucky Ed - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
4.   Sumov8 -  Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
5.   robp - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
6.   Dixie - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
7.   Cob68 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
8.   Jasperpilchards +1 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
9.   +1 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
10.  SYLVA7 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb Had to pull out but paying. 1 Space free.
11.  Zephyr - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
12.  bluehornetrider - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
13.  dave_bence - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
14.  Stupott901 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
15.  Gemini - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb

Wednesday 26th February at 3pm

1.   baz-r +1 - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
2.   +1 " - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
3.   MOZZY - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
4.   Iancider +1 - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
5.   +1 " - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
6.   scottie5 +1- Ok for Wednesday 26th February
7.   +1" - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
8.   Remowill - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
9.   Andy - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
10.  Satchellm +2 - Ok for Wednesday 26th February
11.  +1 " Ok for Wednesday 26th February
12.  +2 " Ok for Wednesday 26th February
13.  ms57 Ok for Wednesday 26th February
14.  Jasperpilchards +1 - Ok for Tuesday 25th Feb
15.  +1 - Ok for Tuesday 25th

Standby: SYLVA7 - Provisional Ok for Wednesday 26th February

We still have a few places left for this one on the 26th. Let me know ASAP if you would like to go.

VERY IMPORTANT: I have not had the opportunity to collect the charitable fee of £15 per head from most, so it is imperative that you bring cash to the factory. ANYONE that does not show will still be asked to pay, you have been warned!!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Moleman

This was a good afternoon & well worth the afternoon off.  :)  I learnt quite a bit about the cars & it was nice to see the different types in various stages.
I won't put any pictures on until after tomorrow as not to spiol it for the guys going tomorrow.

Thanks Phil for doing this.  :D

Dixie

robp

Very interesting to see the factory and talk to the guys.  The Atom looks a high quality product.  I liked the way each car is build from start to finish by the same guy.  There were loads more V8s in the shop than I was expecting.

Great to see everyone today.  Many thanks to Phil for organising everything.

Lucky Ed

A great afternoon out and well worth the drive down, our kits will never look the same again after seeing all that glamorous machinery :o

Thanks for organising the visit Phil 8)

fullpint

Did anyone see the bike under-cover?

'The Gaffer'

You are all welcome.

I had a great time, great to see the cars close up and the workshop was particularly interesting. Good point about putting pics up Colin, I nearly did.

Hope everyone has a good time tomorrow.

A big thanks too for Rob at Ariel for showing us around today.

Quote from: fullpint on 25, February, 2014, 08:23:50 PM
Did anyone see the bike under-cover?

That is very top secret there, but apparently it is not going to be a sports bike but more of a touring based bike VERY loosely on this and costing over £20K

The emphasis will be on quality, and judging by the cars that wont be a problem.

dave_bence

A very interesting and enjoyable afternoon ;D

Thanks to Phil for organising the visit and to Rob at Ariel for taking the time to show us around 8)

chrislandy

err.. this thread is now useless without pictures.....

pictures please :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: chrislandy on 26, February, 2014, 01:39:36 PM
err.. this thread is now useless without pictures.....

pictures please :D

No pics have been posted from yesterdays visit so not to spoil the visit for todays members.

Sadly, no pics are allowed in the workshops.

Sumov8

As you all should be back from today's visit here are a couple of pictures to wet the appetite

ms57

Thanks for organising the visit, enjoyed it even though I arrived 30 mins late!  Very professional set up and very happy to answer any questions.