News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Kit shows

Started by Bulldog Bri, 15, January, 2014, 10:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

After the news that the Exeter Kit Car show has finished, another one announces the same message. Newark a very popular one has now also posted that it will no longer be holding a show this year, and this one is in the summer months as well. :'(

So this is a strong message to all Kit Car owners, if you don't make an effort in attending these events they will cease to be held. So come on everyone who can, make an effort this year and get to Stoneleigh, support our club and the show and keep them going for years to come. Lets bust out of our club stand this year and require a bigger one next year.

There is a replacement show from the old Exeter show and this is to be held at the '3 Counties Show Ground, Malvern, WR13 6NW' on the Saturday 25th to Sunday 26th October 2014. And for us is a bit closer than Exeter ;D

8)

Moleman

I will look into this one mate.  :)

It does seem out of 300 members only about 15 - 25 people actually like to drive them once they have them?  ???
They are a hobby,  work & family always has to come first so it ain't always possible for alot of people to make these things I suppose?  :)

aliwizard

not surprised ,just what I said the other week ,about the future of kit cars ,I can see Stoneleigh being the only kit car  show that will be held in the very near future which is sad ,

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: aliwizard on 16, January, 2014, 05:53:21 PM
not surprised ,just what I said the other week ,about the future of kit cars ,I can see Stoneleigh being the only kit car  show that will be held in the very near future which is sad ,

I'm afraid that even Stoneleigh will lose it's appeal soon if it does not refresh the show and make more of an effort to advertise itself, it can only rest on reputation for so long. As mentioned in another thread, a general lack of media about kits does not help either; When was the last time you saw one of those "Build your own car" shows on TV?? Ok I know the magazines are out there still but are the builders? Makes you wonder.