News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

W.S.M.car show

Started by WALNUT, 21, March, 2014, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

WALNUT

W.S.M. pageant of transport, beach lawns   BS23 1AL
19/20 April
Tel. 01934 627563 or 01934 629800

benchmark51

yes ok, my keys and I would be happy to do this one. Be a bit more careful this time though!  :-[ :-[

paintman

Dixie and myself will be going again this year......always a good day out! ;) ;)

We'll be going on the Sunday no doubt.

Moleman

That's Easter weekend. I should be ok for this.
It is one of those just turn up & park event's but I will see if we can get some spaces booked.  ;)

fullpint

I will go along to this. Not sure if it will be Sat or Sun tho..

Iancider

Looks good to me - which day is preferred - or are we going to have a two-day binge in candyfloss?

Moleman

I will decide closer to the date & see what the weather is doing first.
We will arrange some meeting points for anyone who wishes to get there in convoy so we can park together.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Gonna be a bit to busy getting ready for Stoneleigh for this one :'(

8)

Hairy Santa

probably get to this one, not sure Sat /Sun 

chris61

Stick me down, not sure what day(s) yet

peterw

Hi all, I'm still here !!!   Put me down for this, which ever day the sun shines  :P

Cob68

I am always up for fish and chips at WSM, so count me in. Cheers Tony

Moleman

Going so far =  Walnut
                    Benchmark51 (with keys, Hopefully even after he gets home) :)
                    Paintman   (Sunday)
                    Dixie         (Sunday)
                    moleman    (maybe both, depending on weather)
                    Fullpint
                    Iancider
                    Hairy Santa
                    Chris61
                    Peterw
                    Cob68
Anyone else? :)   

shurmer

Can someone explain where the meet will be  :D first time  :o

fullpint

Head towards the main beach near the pier.. Cant miss all the cars parked up on the grass area. Will be hard to park up as a group unless we all meet up at the same time. I'm still not sure if I will show on the Saturday or sunday.. Will check the weather nearer the time  :D

shurmer

That cool in not showing just popping down to have a look and hopefully meet some of you and get some ideas for my own car thanks  cant wait  :P  ;D  :o

Moleman

Quote from: shurmer on 13, April, 2014, 04:13:16 PM
Can someone explain where the meet will be  :D first time  :o

Hi. I will be arranging a meeting point for anyone who would like to go up in convoy, Probably for the sunday  morning at 9am at Brunswick Place BS1 6XH. which will be by the lockside cafe under the fly over. (if the weather looks to be crap on the sunday I may change it to the saturday if you guys rather do that).

Who is up for a convoy to weston then?  ;D

peterw

Yep, Sat or Sun, may meet you in Backwell (Rising Sun poss)

Moleman

Quote from: peterw on 13, April, 2014, 08:08:00 PM
Yep, Sat or Sun, may meet you in Backwell (Rising Sun poss)

I will be happy to stop at various meeting points to pick up more guys on our way along the A370.  :) 

Iancider

The Rising Sun is good for me too ;)

Moleman

Ok who is up for meeting on Sunday morning at 9am at Brunswick Place BS1 6XH. which will be by the lockside cafe under the fly over?
Then on to the Rising Sun pub in Backwell, Then a convoy to the Weston car show.

Meeting point one 9am Brunswick Place.
                                  Moleman
                                  Walnut
                                  .......?

Meeting point two About 9.30am Rising Sun.
                                 Peterw
                                 Iancider

Paintman & Dixie, Would you like us to meet up with you guys before we go into weston?

Who else is up for a convoy down then?  :)             

Dixie

We could meet at Churchill, if you guys go right at the lights we could meet you in the Churchill pub car park.

What do you think?

Mark

Moleman

That sounds ok to me mate.  :)

WALNUT

It seems a bit silly for the Bristol members to meet up on the WSM rd drive across town to the Bridgewater rd then drive back on to the WSM  rd. So I will see you all down there.

Pembly Mike

I can be at the Rising Sun Backwell at 09.30 on Sunday.
Mike.

Iancider

Dixie, Paintman

I am going to suggest an alternative meeting point for you guys a couple of miles further on. 

If you are coming up the A368 from Blagdon/Burrington direction.  When you get to Churchill turn right onto the A38 and take the first major left in half a mile, just before the petrol station onto the B3133 (Stock Lane) (bear left then immediate full left) and follow it all of the way (2 miles) to Congresbury and turn left onto the A370. 

Head out of town towards WSM and about 300 yards past the Zebra crossing, turn into the car-park (on left) of the Sousta Meze pub restaurant.  If you park nose up to he pavement you will get a good view of the convoy approaching and can just join on the end as we pass or maybe a kind person in the middle will flash you out.  We would be passing there between 9:45 and 10:00.  You will find it easily on Google Street if you navigate from the centre of Congresbury for half a mile.  This way there is no back-tracking for the convoy.

Be prepared for a five minute queue at the Congresbury traffic lights -  it is normal.

If you would like to PM me you mobile numbers if will text whoever will be your leader as soon as well leave Backwell and then we would be with you in 10-15 minutes from then.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

Thanks for that Ian.  8)
That should be a pretty ok place to stop, The Sousta Meze pub restaurant has a car park just of the A370 road too. The post code is BS49 5EB for the restaurant if this is ok. What do you think guys?  :)

Ok who is up for meeting on Sunday morning at 9am at Brunswick Place BS1 6XH. which will be by the lockside cafe under the fly over?
Then on to the Rising Sun pub in Backwell, Then a convoy to the Weston car show.

Moleman
                                  Walnut

Peterw
                                 Iancider
                                 Pembly Mike

Meeting point three 9.45am Sousta Meze pub restaurant.
                                 Dixie
                                 Paintman

Dixie

Where in relation to the Churchill Inn is the restaurant?

M

Moleman

It's in Congresbury. I think Ian meant to say if you guys go from churchill up stock lane on to the A370.
We are guessing you guys are coming from the A38.
If this is not Ok with you guys then the next place I can think off is meet you guys in one of the retail shops car park just off Herluin way just in Weston?

Dixie

Don't worry about it.  We'll find our own way down.

See you on the front.

Mark

stupott901

I will like to go on Sunday as well but will meet up with Dixie and Paintman

Stu

benchmark51

Moleman
                                  Walnut

I'm ok to meet on sunday at 9am  8)

Moleman

Moleman
                                  Walnut
                                  Benchmark51

Peterw
                                 Iancider
                                 Pembly Mike

Then drive down to weston & meet up with Dixie, Paintman & stupott901 on the sea front.

peterw

hate to say this but Saturday looks sunny and Sunday looks like RAIN  :o

benchmark51

Yes, I think your right  :'(

Anyone up for moving the meeting arrangements forward to saturday?

Moleman

Saturday is fine by me. So if it's ok with everyone I will prob go on the saturday instead as it won't be much fun in the rain.  ::)

Meet one on Saturday 9am Brunswick Place
                                                          Moleman
                                                          Benchmark51
                                                          Walnut ( I'm guessing yes mate)

Meet two Saturday 9.30am Rising sun
                                                        Peterw (I'm guessing yes as well)
                                                        Iancider ?
                                                        Pembly Mike?

What do think guys? If you can only do the sunday then no worries & Sorry for the day change. It it will be a shame not to meet up with you guys.  :(

Dixie,Paintman & Stupott901 I hope you guys can do saturday as well?  :)

WALNUT

Yes, Sat is fine by me. I was going both days anyway if the weather  had been looking better.

Dixie

That's me out.  I can only do Sunday.

paintman

Yes, the weather not looking good for Sunday and I got a golf match in the morning on saturday.....bummer!

Might come after golf if i'm not too knackered but won't be there till 3ish.

Are you lot still lightly to be still there.....I don't know about Stu or Dixie yet. i'll contact them tomorrow.

Tony

Moleman

Quote from: Dixie on 17, April, 2014, 09:16:58 PM
That's me out.  I can only do Sunday.
That is a shame Mark. I didn't think you could do the sunday  :(

Quote from: paintman on 17, April, 2014, 09:22:56 PM
Yes, the weather not looking good for Sunday and I got a golf match in the morning.....bummer!

Might come after golf if i'm not too knackered but won't be there till 3ish.

Are you lot still lightly to be still there.....I don't know about Stu or Dixie yet. i'll contact them tomorrow.

Tony
I should be there all day mate. You have my mobile, give me a call when your leaving mate So I can let you know.  :)