Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cornwall Run Arrangements 6th / 7th September

Started by Iancider, 10, June, 2014, 11:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Iancider

Chaps and chapesses,

I am starting a new thread to make the arrangments for the Corwall run to make it nice and clear.

To all intending to go to cornwall 6th/7th September:

I tried to do a deal with St Mellions Golf Club to get us all into one location with secure parking but the place is so popular that they do not have to try hard to let rooms.  They only had premium rooms and I can assure you you would not have like the price!  So I have knocked that one on the head.

I tried looking at B&B's but there are none big enough to cluster us together so I switched to hotels.  I found ONE which looks ideal but it is 35 minutes away from our Cornish-tea bash on the golf course but it does seem to tick all of the boxes.  It is on the edge of Dartmoor, rooms are nice, it has a Bar, good and secure parking and a great view from the verandah over Dartmoor.  They also currently have enough accomodation to take us all.  So take a look at the the details below.  If you like it, let me know and we will form a list of the definites and get some rooms booked.  I will call the hotel and tell them to expect X bookings from BKCC then I will ask you to book directly and confirm on the forum.  Late deciders would likely still be able to gain a room because it is so large.  There is a choice of single, double and superior rooms and prices look pretty reasonable.

The Moorland Hotel

Wotter
Shaugh Prior
Plymouth
Devon
PL7 5HP
01752 839 228

http://www.moorlandhotel.com

Moleman

For those of you who didn't know about this we are planning a trip down to Cornwall to meet up with a member that has moved down there.  :)

We are planning a scenic route down there with a stop off at about every hour for coffee/toilet breaks as well as lunch at a location with some sort places of interest. We will give everybody a map & sat nav location to each meeting point on the way down there so everyone can go at a pace that suits them. (A rough route is on the first tread if you want to check it out.) 

When we arrive we will meet up with John (yellabelly) then have afternoon cream teas at St Mellions Golf club. From there we can then head to the Hotel, freshen up & have a meal in the evening together if you haven't got sick of each other by then.   :P

The Sunday is then up to you when & where you go from there, Some will head home some may go on to other places & carry on their holiday.

I have booked my room.  8)

Anyone else up for going to Cornwall run then?  ;D

Iancider   (going don't need accommodation)
flech_306 (going don't need accommodation)
Moleman   (Room booked)
Walnut     (Room booked)

Can you let us know if you are & when you have booked. Thanks.

The Moorland Hotel

Wotter
Shaugh Prior
Plymouth
Devon
PL7 5HP
01752 839 228

WALNUT

Moleman

WALNUT

Colin
      They say we should book a table if we are having a evening meal

Moleman

Yes I did speak to her about that. I said there may be more from our club & I will book something in a few weeks which she was fine with.
;)

Moleman

So is it just the 4 of us then? :(

Please let us know even if you are thinking about it?  :)

Moleman

Moleman

Still only Four?  Is there really no one up for going for a drive then?

Bulldog Bri

Looks like just the 4 then. We can't do it, no time off work's :'(

8)

Moleman

Well 6 so far now.
Anyone else up for going to Cornwall run then?  ;D

Iancider                  (going don't need accommodation)
Crash Test Dummy    (going don't need accommodation)
flech_306                (going don't need accommodation)
Moleman                 (Room booked)
Walnut                   (Room booked)
Yellabelly                (Lives there)
Can you let us know if you are & when you have booked. Thanks.

The Moorland Hotel

Wotter
Shaugh Prior
Plymouth
Devon
PL7 5HP
01752 839 228

YellaBelly

I hope that seeing as how I'm bereft of a car I can scrounge a passenger seat at some stage during your visit guys? ;) :D

WALNUT

Iancider

Well you are guest of honour 8) - we have to do this!  I can't cos I am two up in a two seater but I am sure we can do this.  And your good lady....?  I coud pursuade our hosts at St Mellion to pick you up if you like.   Would that work for you?

Regards
Ian

Moleman

I'm sure at some point I can do this for you mate.  :D

Moleman

Come on guys. surely we should have more takers for this!

benchmark51

Would have done this one, but can't leave Rex that long :(

Moleman

Still not to late to put your name down to take a nice leisurely drive taking in some sites & heading down to Cornwall. ;D

Is this a car club or a tyre kicking club?  ::) :P

YellaBelly

Pilgrim Anna

Im working the Sunday so we wont make it unfortunately! :(

Moleman

Ok a convoy of four. Sorry Tony looks like It's just you & 3 Westys!  ::)

Unless I'm proved wrong?

WALNUT

Shame, I was hoping to have a few fast cars to follow.....LOL

Iancider

Dave,

Bring Rex.  I can see him in leather helmet and goggles, tongue hanging-out and loving it! 8)

Moleman

Still not too late to join in for next Saturday Guys?

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Iancider on 21, August, 2014, 10:18:32 AM
Dave,

Bring Rex.  I can see him in leather helmet and goggles, tongue hanging-out and loving it! 8)
Pets do take after their owners (or is it the other way around) ;D

8)

Iancider

Addition,

Crash Test Dummy will join the convoy but wont be staying over.  So if anybody would like a return trip on saturday he can offer a spare seat and a Chaufeur driven experience.  Oh yes and that would be a fourth Westy.

Ian