Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The Footman James Classic Vehicle Restoration Show

Started by Moleman, 03, October, 2014, 07:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

The Footman James Classic Vehicle Restoration Show is coming up again which some of us normally go too.
It is a good little event, it features Club displays, traders and an excellent autojumble! I normally find the car park has a lot to look at as well as if you turn up with a classic or kit car you normally get to park on the display parking area. 

Here is the show info  http://www.bristolclassiccarshow.co.uk/index.asp

If you know you are definitely going here is a groupon offer for this event.

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/bristol/gl-bristol-classic-car-show-ltd/46073463?p=2&nlp=&utm_source=channel_occasions_merchandising-deals&utm_medium=email&sid=99689894-7bca-4916-8e35-05279499bd40&division=bristol&uh=9e86f682-6e49-45c2-9021-4bdff350d2a1&date=20140310&sender=rm&s=body&c=link&d=deal-page

I will probably pay on the day as I'm not sure if i'm going yet.

paintman

Myself and Dixie are going but we already got the reduced tickets.....anyone else interested, it's a good day out!

paintman

We are going down on Saturday, if anyone else is going ::)

Pm me if you want to go down with us.    Tony

Moleman

I have a Track day on the Friday so the car wont be ready for Saturday & I can't make the Sunday, Sorry mate.  :)

paintman

Had a great day out at the show, it was heaving with stalls, show cars and people!

Dixie, Tony (Cob69) and myself had a job to get into the Classic car park at 11am.....never seen so many classics together,
unfortunately left my camera on the kitchen table!

We had a good wonder round the car park and was really impressed with a lot of the exhibits......seems like the people
who used to go to Exeter show have changed to this one.

There was a twin engine Cooper 's' there.....one 1275cc engine in the back as well!!!     If something tries to burn you off
you turn on the second engine as well.....bet that would shift then.  Lol ;D

Treated myself to a better chrome air filter and a set of matched gauges, Dixie bought an exhaust gas analizer, and Tony
got even more cleaning mops, cloths etc. for his immaculate Cobra.

All in all a great day out.....far better than Exeter ever was.   We didn't leave to 4ish and it was still busy then.

Tony

Moleman

'Mendip Wurzel'

I also went on Saturday.... very good show and I purchases quite a few bits and pieces.

paintman

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 02, November, 2014, 08:35:32 PM
I also went on Saturday.... very good show and I purchases quite a few bits and pieces.

We were there Saturday.....never saw you or the car, it was a good show though. ;)

Iancider

Glad you enjoyed it - I couldn't make this one but hope to make the February edition

Ian

dynamicEdd

I went to the show on Sunday to asses if it is worth taking a trade stand next year.
Well I found a lot of GRP bodied cars, so have decided that we will support it next year.
There were quite a few at the show well into the Sunday afternoon. It felt a goid atmosphere there which is good.
If anyone is thinking about attending future shows, then I would say yes, do go.