News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Off road Karting.

Started by Moleman, 26, January, 2015, 09:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

I will be going through some of the suggestions given to us & this one that Ian has found might be a good one to do as a club booking. but before I take this further I would like to see what sort of interest we have for this.

http://dirtkarts.co.uk/en/venue_details/oVenue-8440_oVenAct-61

Please have a look & tell mewhat you think?
Even if it's not for you please let me know this as well.

Thanks Colin.

Iancider

Also good for winter months - best when it is muddy - too dusty in the summer.  There is also a venue near Stafford that has 600cc carts instead of these quite respectable 400cc jobbies.

paintman

Looks fun....see if you can get some prices. :P

sanzomat

The website says £49.99 per person for a grand prix event - 4 x 5lap races per driver. Minimum 10 drivers to book (max 30) Exclusive use during the event.

I'd be interested.

longtimecoming

As I only live 5 mins' from the Portishead venue, I could nip in there and get some brochures to hand out at the next Sunday meet. Also get a feel for the place, condition of the Karts, length and degree of difficulty of the track etc' If Colin or ? could let me know I could do that before the next Sunday meet.   :o ;D

Moleman

Quote from: longtimecoming on 27, January, 2015, 03:49:36 PM
As I only live 5 mins' from the Portishead venue, I could nip in there and get some brochures to hand out at the next Sunday meet. Also get a feel for the place, condition of the Karts, length and degree of difficulty of the track etc' If Colin or ? could let me know I could do that before the next Sunday meet.   :o ;D
That would be great thanks mate.  8)

Quote from: sanzomat on 27, January, 2015, 01:42:58 PM
The website says £49.99 per person for a grand prix event - 4 x 5lap races per driver. Minimum 10 drivers to book (max 30) Exclusive use during the event.

I'd be interested.
This is what I was hoping to book as a club event?

What do you think people? ;D

'The Gaffer'

Strange, cant find any video of this anywhere. Interested in principle.

longtimecoming

This should a link to the Portishead Skirmish site.

Weston Lodge Shooting Ground Portishead Karting is on you tube, is also their web address.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: longtimecoming on 28, January, 2015, 12:05:26 AM
Weston Lodge Shooting Ground Portishead Karting is on you tube, is also their web address.

Ah, I was searching for DirtKarts off road karting ::) Thanks for that.

Not mental fast but it looks a bit of fun. I'm in date dependent.

Moleman

OK I'm hoping to do this one Saturday (Date to be decided when we have enough interest)

I need at least 10 people for this. It is £40 per person & you get 4 go's with 5 laps. Each driver individually timed.
5 drivers drivers complete on the track for each race.
Once the races have been completed the event is rounded off with a medal ceremony for the three fastest drivers.

I'm hoping to do this in March or April as it may be outdoors but the weather doesn't matter on this one.
So who is up for a bit of off road fun? 8)

Iancider

longtimecoming

I would be up for it. I can walk there and bring the bandages.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Moleman

So far we have 3.  :o

Come on guys.  :(

Any more for this? :)

fletch_306

I'm a possible for this but it is dependant on when the baby arrives!! :D

dikkie

That does look like fun!

I'm keen to do it but it would depend a bit on dates (April's already looking busy...)

Moleman

Cool that's a possible 5 now. I will sort out a date that will be ok for us all if I can.  :)

Any more?

Moleman

We could do this on Saturday 14th March?

What do you say?

Is this date ok with the few that said yes & how about the maybe's?  :D

Iancider

YES!

Was that clear enough?
Ian

longtimecoming

YES and me
Please people, be aware that this venue is on a farm and as such the track leading to it is just that, a farm track and is quite bumpy. So those of you with limited ground clearance, the car not you, be careful. If any body can only use the kit car, you can park at my place and all, up to 4 others, go in my car. It's only 5 mins away from me so not a problem.

Moleman

so far we have Moleman, Iancider, Longtimecoming  :(  which is not enough so I will ask a few mate if they are up for it & if anyone else would like to see if thet would like to give it a go then please invite them.  :)

dikkie

yes from me, and I'll ask around my friends

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

Cool now we have  moleman +1
                            Iancider
                            longtimecoming
                            Dikkie
                            The Gaffer

I only need 4 more now.  ;D

benchmark51

Nope, not for me. I'd rather put 40 quid in ratbag and go for a ride.

Krazyken

It's a Yes from me and Joe I will also have a word with Dave Doom to see if he is up for it.

Moleman

Cool now we have  moleman +1
                            Iancider
                            longtimecoming
                            Dikkie
                            The Gaffer
                            Krazyken +1

I only need 2 more now.  ;D

I will check tomorrow that the 14th is still open for us.  :)

Moleman

14th is fully booked. We can do the 30th if everyone can make that one? :)
Please let me know. Thanks.  :D

Forgot to ask if they need the money up front so will feed that out as well.  ::)

Iancider

I'm still okay for the 30th.

longtimecoming

Should be O:K for me as well.   :P

dikkie

That's a Monday right? I won't be able to make that :(

Moleman

Opps I ment sat 28th.  ::)
But its gone now anyway. ???
I will still need 10 people so like the indoor skydiving I will book it for May or June now once I have enough people & the money up front.  :)