Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bristol Motor Club's Family Day at Castle Combe. 26th July

Started by Moleman, 02, February, 2015, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a good event which we go to every year. It is a good show & you get a chance to drive your car around the circuit.
It is organised by Bristol Motor club & they are doing their Family Day at Castle Combe which will be returning to its usual weekend this year, so the date will be Sunday 26th July  There will be another chance for you to take part in parade laps of this iconic circuit.  It could even be a special present for Dad as it happens to coincide with Father's Day!  Add it to your calendar now before you forget. More details will be sent out in the near future.

We have a few events on this weekend now so we will have to see which one people would like to do closer to the time.  ::)

The new day for this one is Sunday 26th July

Iancider

Wow - this is choice - three things on the same weekend! BMC family day, Tyntestfield and the Bath Festival!  Spoilt for choice!

Moleman

Everyone seems to have changed their dates to the same weekend.  ???

Iancider

Yep and the Sunday is Summer Solstice so the Druids and Hippies wont be able to come either  :o  Father's day is the Sunday and  the Supercar show is also on in the same weekend!

Okay, idea,  ;) There is enough of us - we all split up into teams and go to all of them :P - perhaps swapping over at midday, video everything and report in on the Monday - job done! 8) 8) 8)

Ian

Iancider

p.s.

Just found out that the Weston Super Mare Air Festival is that weekend as well but anybody going to Tyntesfield will be able to watch the Red-Arrows fly right overhead!

Iancider

HOT NEWS!

One of the clashes on the weekend 20/21 June has been solved.  The Bristol Motor Club Family Day and Castle Combe has been moved to 26th July. 

This means we can go to both the Bath Festival (was the pageant last year) and Tyntesfield with the Avenue Drivers club.  AND the BMC does not now clash with anything at the moment  8)

Ian

Moleman

Thanks mate you beat me too it. I will amend the thread & calender.  8)

Moleman

Any more up for this one then?

Ian I think we could also plug our Chairslayer at this one. I will email Zoe who is organizing this one.  :)

Iancider

Moleman,  26th July Bristol Motor Club's family Day

Yes that would be good - we could exhibit the chassis and the promotional material that goes with it.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

We can bring the chairslayer to put on our stand for the day & promote it. So another reason for everyone's support to go to this one. :)

Don't forget you can book parade laps for this one with no noise restrictions.  8)

paintman

Myself and Dixie were thinking of going.....he said it was good last year, the parade lap was behind a pace car doing up to
100mph :o

Not exactly a parade !!!

Facial Hair Optional

Count me in on this one including the parade laps pls Colin.

I notice now that on the original date of this event (June 20th) at Castle Combe is now the Classic, Kit and Retro Action Day, so there are clashes all over the place again?

Any idea who is going to what? I have my yellow drivers pass ticket for the CK&R Action Day and the names list there looks long so I guess most of us are attending that rather than Bath or Tyntesfield?

Bulldog Bri

Think you'll find a lot are doing Combe on the Saturday and Tyntesfield on the Sunday ::)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 28, May, 2015, 11:52:40 AM
Think you'll find a lot are doing Combe on the Saturday and Tyntesfield on the Sunday ::)

8)
Except for the victims of Quarry maybe!!

Is Tyntesfield just the Sunday or whole weekend event then?

Moleman

OK just to clarify.  ::)  = This thread is The Bristol motor club Family day which is being held on 26th July. The date got changed half way through the year which is why the confusion.  :D
This is a good event which we go to every year. It is a good show & you get a chance to drive your car around the circuit without the noise restrictions  8) They are parade laps but as Dixie has pointed out the car you follow dosen't hang about so you do get a little feel of what it's like to go around a race circuit.  :D

The event is free unless you want to do the parade laps which is £14

You can enter your car for this event by clicking on this link = http://bristolmc.org.uk/fsd-online-entry/

On the last page you will see this so please put for B.K.C.C. stand please in the section marked other:

Declaration
How did you hear about this event?
  Past entrant
BMC website
other media/leaflet/poster
recommendation from someone else
Other: ( B.K.C.C. stand please)

Castle Combe action day is on the Saturday 20th June (just for the Saturday)
Tyntesfield house show is on both days but we are going as a club on the Sunday.

Sorry for the confusion as the dates got changed. So please fill in the form & let me know when you have done it.  :)

PS Ian I will sort out a pass for our Chairslayer & what ever crew you need me to get passes for to bring it in.  :)

Dixie

I cant go now.  I have booked a holiday to Ibiza.

Got my ticket and everything.  Its a must do day, totally brilliant.

M

Facial Hair Optional

I have now filled in the 26th july castle combe family day form Colin. I think you said to add the £14 to the other payment I have to give you for the castle combe kit car track day in August is that correct??

I didn't see anything on the form though that you selected to say whether you were just displaying or whether you were also doing the parade laps so how will they know?

Sadly I can't make Tyntesfield and have no idea what the Chairslayer is either!!!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 29, May, 2015, 09:50:00 PM
Sadly I can't make Tyntesfield and have no idea what the Chairslayer is either!!!

It's the BKCC special charity build, see here http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=3857.0

Moleman

There was a box to tick to say if your are just displaying or displaying & doing the parade laps. You can email them when you get your confirmation email.  :)

You have to pay them the £14 You should get a on line option & a address option to send the cheque.

The chairslayer is a temporary name for the car we are building for the disabled mate?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 29, May, 2015, 10:21:25 PM
There was a box to tick to say if your are just displaying or displaying & doing the parade laps. You can email them when you get your confirmation email.  :)

You have to pay them the £14 You should get a on line option & a address option to send the cheque.

The chairslayer is a temporary name for the car we are building for the disabled mate?  :)
Just been thru the form again and as ever you are correct Colin! I must have ticked the display laps option I'm sure.

I think I am losing the plot as I age mate! This week my memory has been shocking (who are you again??) It's driving me nuts, I hope I have not got dementia coming on!!

If you find a middle aged beardy guy wandering around Castle Combe looking for his kit car, help the poor sod out would you please!!  :-[

I'll check out the Chairslayer topic, sounds like a great idea guys!!

Moleman

This is a good event which we go to every year. It is a good show & you get a chance to drive your car around the circuit without the noise restrictions  8) They are parade laps but as Dixie has pointed out the car you follow dosen't hang about so you do get a little feel of what it's like to go around a race circuit.  :D

You can enter your car for this event by clicking on this link = http://bristolmc.org.uk/fsd-online-entry/

On the last page you will see this so please put for B.K.C.C. stand please in the section marked other:

Declaration
  Past entrant
BMC website

So who else has entered?   1, Moleman
                                        2, Facial Hair Optional
                                        3, ?

Iancider

sanzomat

Moleman

benchmark51

Moleman

Registered so far  Moleman
                          Facial Hair Optional
                          Iancider
                          Sanzomat
                          benchmark51

Anymore?

Pilgrim Anna

We are definitely  keen to come along but I am working in the evening. So will need to leave around 3  :(

fullpint

without the noise restrictions  8)  I like the sound of that,  ;D Could be the only chance I get to drive the Mk around Combe.. Will look into this..

Moleman

Quote from: Pilgrim Anna on 08, June, 2015, 05:41:26 PM
We are definitely  keen to come along but I am working in the evening. So will need to leave around 3  :(
Anna You can leave at any time at this one so that won't be a problem.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 31, May, 2015, 06:00:57 PM
Registered so far  Moleman
                          Facial Hair Optional
                          Iancider
                          Sanzomat
                          benchmark51

Anymore?

Not 100% sure but from memory I think damouk said he was coming and taking his VStorm around the track Colin.

Actually I think it was the classic, kit and retro day on the 20th June he said he was coming to! I keep getting the two mixed up!!!!

Is there any way you can add the date (26th July I think?) into the title of this topic to help the aged and feeble of mind like me Colin please? ;D

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman for an OBE I say!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o Talk about dedication to the cause!!!!!  8) ;D

rivsy36

Hi Colin will look into this one, away on hols now for a couple of weeks looks like a lot going on at the moment.

Moleman

Here is the Poster for this event just to help you see what a good day out this is.  8)

paintman

I'm going now.....Dixie can't make it so I got his ticket! :P :P

Moleman

Declaration
  Past entrant
BMC website

2, Facial Hair Optional
                                        3, Iancider
                                        4, Sanzomat
                                        5, Benchmark51
                                        6, Paintman
                                        Any one else?

danwilko

Just filled in the form on the website, not sure what time we will be getting there/leaving so haven't paid for the parade lap, might see if a small donation will let me in for one of the three goes

freedom 1

Just filled in online entry form for the event so looking forward to that. So count me in......

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

Declaration
  Past entrant
BMC website

2, Facial Hair Optional
                                        3, Iancider
                                        4, Sanzomat
                                        5, Benchmark51