AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

20th June Castle Combe Action Day - Now to include Complete Kit Car show.

Started by sanzomat, 21, February, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Don't forget you will need your pass to get so anyone who hasn't said how they would like to collect them you haven't got long.

We will have a meeting point at the Cross Hands Hotel Car Park,Tetbury Road,Old SodburyBristol, BS37 6RJ for about 8am to hand out tickets & get there before 9am
Here is the latest score....

TICKET  STATUS:            
                                  Moleman                             Ticket received
                                  Iancider =1                         Ticket received
                                  Crash test dummy +1          Ticket received
                                  Benchmark51                      Ticket received
                                  Sanzomat +1                      Ticket received
                                  Chlorate +1                        Ready to collect
                                  Robp                                  Ticket received
                                  The Gaffer                           Ticket received
                                  Hairy Santa                        Ticket received +2
                                  Iainl                                  Ticket received
                                  Paintman                           SAE                           
                                  damouk                             (ticket received)
                                  CC Cyclone +1                    Ready to collect
                                  Dixie                                  In the post
                                  Bulldog Bri                         Ticket received
                                  Pilgrim Anna                      Ticket received
                                  Bulldog Bri= Extra car        Ready to collect     
                                  fromeflyer +1                    Ticket received        .
                                  Fullpint +1                        Ticket received
                                  Freedom 1  +1                  (will collect at the meeting point on the day) RESERVED   
                                  Gary RH7.                         Ticket received
                                  Fletch_306                        (will collect at the meeting point on the day) RESERVED
                                  Balders1973                      (SAE) in the post now
                                  Stevel                               (will collect at the meeting point on the day) RESERVED
                                  Tigercub84                        Ready to collect
                                  Mikebishop                        Ticket received
                                  Alastair                             Ticket received
                                  Lucky Ed                           Ticket received
                                  Smudge                             Ticket Received
                                  Wacky                               In the post
                                  Matty78                            (Will collect at the meeting point on the day)   Ready to collect
                                  Jmad                                 Ticket received
                                  bdj693                              (SAE) in the post now
                                  Mr Tone                             raedy to collect
                                  Flipper55                           Ticket received
                                  Flipper55 Extra car             Ticket received
                                  Stevec                               Ticket received
                                  Mendip Wurzel                  SAE
                                  Facial Hair Optional           Ticket received
                                  Royboy                             Ticket Received
                                  madmarkmark                  Ready to collect
                                  Cob 68                             Ready to collect
                                  Duncan (Newbie)              Ticket received
                                  DaveBence                       Ready to collect
                                  Grin-a-lot                         Ready to collect
                                  Jimmer                             Ticket received
                                  Aliwizard                           Ticket received

47 going so far!

Many thanks to Ian for getting them.

Dixie

Gary RH7

Colin, do the colors on this map tie up with where we are parking?

Iancider

Hi Gary,

We will have to find out exactly.  The entrance will be from the B4039 for either Blue ticket or Yellow tickets but we are to be in the "Special Display area".  My guess is that will in the Paddock Blue area but it is not clear yet.

We will find out and post it here.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

I will make some calls tomorrow to let you guys know what the final details will be about which is the best gate to head for  & what time is best to meet up at The Cross Hands Hotel car park for the rest of you guys that still need your pass.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Does anyone know if my passenger can pay on entry with me on the day or does he need to buy an entry ticket in advance? I have a yellow vehicle and driver pass courtesy of Ian so I am covered for entry (I think?)

Moleman

I have been told & have posted on here 10 times that you need to pay in advance for your passenger to be allowed in. But I'm sure they won't be turning people away on the day if you turn up with a passenger you haven't paid for in advanced.

To everyone who has their ticket (don't matter which colour it was) we will be parked in the blue coloured Paddock area marked on your ticket.

As for the rest of you guys that haven't got their ticket & haven't said if they are meeting up to collect your ticket & convoy the rest of the way in you better contact me very soon or you won't get in. 

The gate you need to go in is the one just after the garage if your coming from the Bath end or Just before the garage from the Chippenham end.

Moleman

Don't forget you will need your pass to get so anyone who hasn't said how they would like to collect them you haven't got long.

We will have a meeting point at the Cross Hands Hotel Car Park,Tetbury Road,Old SodburyBristol, BS37 6RJ for about 8am (I will confirm a time tomorrow) to hand out tickets & get there before 9am
Here is the latest score....

TICKET  STATUS:            
                                  Moleman                             Ticket received
                                  Iancider =1                         Ticket received
                                  Crash test dummy +1          Ticket received
                                  Benchmark51                      Ticket received
                                  Sanzomat +1                      Ticket received
                                  Chlorate +1                        Ready to collect
                                  Robp                                  Ticket received
                                  The Gaffer                           Ticket received
                                  Hairy Santa                        Ticket received +2
                                  Iainl                                  Ticket received
                                  Paintman                           SAE                           
                                  damouk                             (ticket received)
                                  CC Cyclone +1                    Ready to collect
                                  Dixie                                  In the post
                                  Bulldog Bri                         Ticket received
                                  Pilgrim Anna                      Ticket received
                                  Bulldog Bri= Extra car        Ready to collect     
                                  fromeflyer +1                    Ticket received        .
                                  Fullpint +1                        Ticket received
                                  Freedom 1  +1                  (will collect at the meeting point on the day) RESERVED   
                                  Gary RH7.                         Ticket received
                                  Fletch_306                        (will collect at the meeting point on the day) RESERVED
                                  Balders1973                      (SAE) in the post now
                                  Stevel                               (will collect at the meeting point on the day) RESERVED
                                  Tigercub84                        Ready to collect
                                  Mikebishop                        Ticket received
                                  Alastair                             Ticket received
                                  Lucky Ed                           Ticket received
                                  Smudge                             Ticket Received
                                  Wacky                               In the post
                                  Matty78                            (Will collect at the meeting point on the day)   Ready to collect
                                  Jmad                                 Ticket received
                                  bdj693                              (SAE) in the post now
                                  Mr Tone                             ready to collect
                                  Flipper55                           Ticket received
                                  Flipper55 Extra car             Ticket received
                                  Stevec                               Ticket received
                                  Mendip Wurzel                  SAE in the post
                                  Facial Hair Optional           Ticket received
                                  Royboy                             Ticket Received
                                  madmarkmark                  Ready to collect
                                  Cob 68                             Ready to collect
                                  Duncan (Newbie)              Ticket received
                                  DaveBence                       Ready to collect
                                  Grin-a-lot                         Ready to collect
                                  Jimmer                             Ticket received
                                  Aliwizard                           Ticket received

freedom 1

Got my ticket from Colin on Saturday 13 june but will still meet up with you guys @ Cross hands pub. Thanks Colin

Facial Hair Optional

I've just booked my track sessions Colin (at last!)

Couple of questions... Is there a time at which we have to be in the event for or can we turn up when we feel like?

I'm worried about the exhaust noise test, is there any way I can check it beforehand and what do I do if the car fails?

CC Cyclone

sanzomat

I have my ticket but will meet up at the Cross Hands too. It is possible I may have a spare passenger entry ticket as there were two in the evelope that Combe sent me. I'm assuming the yellow mirror hanger/pass thingy gets the car and me in so I only need one additional ticket for my son. If thats true then the second one can go to a good home!

Bulldog Bri

May grab that spare ticket. My mate is bringing my Locost up and could have a passenger.

8)

Had a word, yes he'd be interested if it's still free. ;)

Cob68

Hi, i'll meet at the cross hands to pick up my ticket. Cheers Tony

Moleman

Thanks for letting me know guys.

For everyone who is meeting at the Cross Hands car park we will meet up at 8-8.20 to head off for 8.30am

See you there.  :)

sanzomat

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 16, June, 2015, 05:39:34 PM
May grab that spare ticket. My mate is bringing my Locost up and could have a passenger.

8)

Had a word, yes he'd be interested if it's still free. ;)

Had another look and the yellow mirror hanger definitely says vehicle and driver pass and each of the two tickets I was sent from combe say "admit one person" so it looks like I do have one spare. I'll be at the cross hands - probably easiest to hand it over there.

Bulldog Bri

What time is the convoy from the Cross Hand leaving? So I can try and catch you guys going in.

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 17, June, 2015, 08:20:37 AM
What time is the convoy from the Cross Hand leaving? So I can try and catch you guys going in.

8)

Oh Bri, you are so gonna wind Moleman up!!!! Read his last post on this thread, big purple letters, ha ha!  :D :D :D :P

Moleman

I'm beginning to think posting anything on here is a waste of bloody time!  ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P

Bulldog Bri

Oops.  My bad :-[ it was on the previous page.

My problem is Anna is dropping her boy off in Filton before she comes over. I really asking if the convoy is coming down the A46  to the A429 roundabout then heading to Combe or going through Acton Turville/Burton to get there. As I'd be looking to meet up on the A429 if that was possible. Otherwise I'd meet you all as you go in. :D

8)

Facial Hair Optional

I would have thought the Acton Turville/Burton route... no lights or busy/awkward junctions for everyone to get separated at??

Plus it's just made for kit cars that way!! I had a fab race.... er I mean trip with a BMW on the way to the Allington Farm day out!

So glad I had my GoPro switched on!!!!!!  8) ;)

dave_bence

Quote from: Moleman on 16, June, 2015, 08:39:47 PM

For everyone who is meeting at the Cross Hands car park we will meet up at 8-8.20 to head off for 8.30am

I'll be at at The Cross Hands at 8.00
See you all there ;D

sanzomat

Quote from: dave_bence on 17, June, 2015, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 16, June, 2015, 08:39:47 PM

I'll be at at The Cross Hands at 8.00
See you all there ;D

I'll aim to be there for 8 but as I'm picking up my son he'll probably make me late! Should defo be there by 8.20 though - if there's nobody there I'll put my foot down and try to catch you!!

paintman

Me and Dixie will meet you there later on.....Dixie doesn't get up to 10am on the weekends! :o ;D

Gary RH7

It will be good to see another hood from the club. To many Westfields....I'm going to regret saying that. ;D

mr tone

Ment to receive ticket at Llandow but Ian was short of them. Ian said to meet up at pub not far from Castle Combe by traffic lights. I know the place but not sure of time . Was it 9.45 Ian?  Am i ok with mg midget if Stuart Taylor not fixed ? thanks Tony 07788147997

Iancider

Hi Mr Tone - Be assured there is a ticket with you name on it and in Moleman's possession.  8) 8) 8)

Rendezvous at the Cross Hands hotel on the A38 1 mile north of the M4 at Old Sodbury - famous location were older men have their photos taken - covering the "bury" part of the sign.  The Hotel is huge and distinctive on the junction.  From the M4 turn right and immediately left into the large car-park behind.  Get there as close to 08:00 as you can cos the convoy leaves at 08:20.

Post code BS37 6RJ.  Google map at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Cross+Hands+Hotel/@51.529296,-2.342852,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x46a987f50a0671f6

I'll be going direct so I will see you there.

Regards
Ian

CC Cyclone

I'm cutting it fine, but MOT tomorrow. Should be there by 8ish :)

fletch_306

I'm cutting it fine too I have a retest on the mot tomorrow the guy at the garage I took it too is a kit car fan. (He has three) he said he is going to to do his best to ensure that it passes. I will be their legally or otherwise ;)
Really looking forward to it!!!

Moleman

Quote from: mr tone on 18, June, 2015, 04:50:10 PM
Ment to receive ticket at Llandow but Ian was short of them. Ian said to meet up at pub not far from Castle Combe by traffic lights. I know the place but not sure of time . Was it 9.45 Ian?  Am i ok with mg midget if Stuart Taylor not fixed ? thanks Tony 07788147997

I have your ticket mate. If you can't get there that early then I can always txt you my number for when you do get there.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Cutting it fine?? How's this for cutting it fine......

I've just gone to have the Tiger tuned a bit as it was running a little rough after a recent trip up to Gloucester and back and discovered a bloody great big oil patch on the garage floor!!!!

She NEVER leaks. Had a quick look, I think the sump may be cracked. If I can't get it sorted Friday then I can't see me doing my laps around Combe this weekend. Typical. Never rains but it pours, had just paid for two sessions the day before as well!!

ARRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH BUM!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

She was fine at the ACD meet Sunday and defo never hit anything that day so I'm like my sump, baffled!!  :D Could be an old weld has let go? (it's a shortened sump so a few welds on it)

This could all even be connected to the pressure/breathing issue I had recently when I had oil mist coming back up out of the dipstick tube. If the pressure in the crank case got very high while I was giving it some welly it could have damaged an oil seal or opened up a hairline crack maybe?

Apparently pintos need to well vented and if not they suffer issues lke this. I will be investigating 2moro I hope. Just had an oil and filter change too! Fingers crossed for Saturday.  :(

So Friday it's looking like drain oil, sump, gasket etc off, clean and test for leak, weld as needs be, refit sump, new gasket etc, test and then pray it's ok!! Oh yeah, and find somewhere with a ramp and welding kit etc to do it all!!! I'm not even sure you can get pinto sump gaskets off the shelf these days?  :'(

If I can't use my track time tickets are they any use for anyone else I wonder???

sanzomat

Iancider

DETAILED WEATHER FORECAST FOR TOMORROW

If you delve into the bowels of the Met Office website you can get large amounts of really specific data - so here is the very detailed forecast for tomorrow:

Showers are possible in the early morning and late evening and midday to five looks pretty acceptable :D.  Not cold all day and warm in the afternoon :D. There will be a light breeze from WSW or West all day ::).  The humidity will be high all day and so there could be a slight chill under the cloud  ::) and it will feel clammy when the sun comes out ::) but that will only be filtered and between 12:00 and 17:00 :D.  The rain when it arrives will be light and intermittent - here is the Shower risk: ::)

7        8        9        10       12         1            2          3         4          5          6   
10%   60%  10%   40%   40%    20%     20%      20%     20%    20%  40%

;D      :(      :D      ::)      ::)      :D           :D        :D           :D       :D        ::)

We WILL LIKELY get SLIGHTLY wet ONLY at 8:00 :D and the sky will be ominous till midday :).  There is a reasonable risk of being rained-on going home too :(

You will probably gain a decent tan during the afternoon :D but be unaware at the time ???.  At lunchtime your sandwiches won't be soggy :D.  Beer should stay cool ;D.  For those on the track the track is very likely to be dry at 15:15 ;D.  Pollen will be high because of the breeze but you wont sneeze you face off due to the humidity.

So No excuses for not turning up there then.  Full house expected![ 8) 8) 8) ;) ;D ;D ;D

jmad

I know there has been a lot of effort and work gone into getting the tickets and organising this but looking at this and matching up the arranged meeting time of 8.00 am it looks like bad planning to me!!!!  ;D

7        8         9        10       12         1            2          3         4          5          6   
10%   60%  10%   40%   40%    20%     20%      20%     20%    20%    40%   
;D        :(            :D      ::)      ::)      :D         :D        :D        :D       :D       ::)

Can we not meet at 7.59 or at 8.01  :P

'The Gaffer'

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 18, June, 2015, 10:18:29 PM
I'm taking my helmet in case any one new to the circuit would like me as a passenger  :)

I'm taking my helmet too but just to protect my face from the rain on the drive there!   ::) :D

Cob68

mikebishop

Hi,

I've been on holiday, just got back, i've got a golden ticket which is good (thank you) but i don't think i can make the convoy from cross hands due to work commitments, will it be possible to turn up slightly later say 09.30-10.00 and still get onto the stand?

Gary RH7

Can you believe anything? Check this out..

http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-UKXX1915?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=18

If you click on previous 12 hours it shows no rain all morning till 11:00.

fletch_306