Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

London to Brighton Classic Car Run.

Started by Moleman, 16, March, 2015, 07:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

London to Brighton Classic Car Run
This is another event that some of you suggested might be good to do.

This year's London to Brighton will be held on Sunday 31st May  and will once again be starting from the Royal Park at Greenwich, a World Heritage site that is home to the famous Royal Observatory and the Meridian Line that marks the boundary on the globe between East and West.

The London to Brighton Run is a scenic tour to Brighton with a self-guided tulip style route book which explores some of the South East's most beautiful roads and villages and ends on Madeira Drive in Brighton, which is reserved for your exclusive use.

Your day starts as you arrive in the Royal Park to register and collect your route book. You will have time to explore and purchase breakfast at the on-site restaurant before being ceremoniously waved off with the Union Flag. You will join hundreds of other enthusiasts as you make you way to Brighton with a specially selected stopping point en route to explore with time for a coffee, lunch or maybe a picnic before making your way on to Brighton. Awards are presented at 4pm for 'Best Dressed, 'Longest Day' and the 'Oldest Classic'  and you have free parking in Brighton until 6pm.

All entrants receive a commemorative vehicle rally plate plus and exclusive brass medal as well as a Certification of Participation for the driver.
We also offer discounted hotel rates at the start and finish for those of you would like to make a weekend of it – details coming soon. Just tick the box on your entry form for further information.
Entry fee is just £95 per vehicle and covers driver and navigator and includes:
·        Entry and parking fees in Greenwich Park
·        Route book and list of entrants
·        Personalised certificate of participation for the driver
·        Entry to stopping point.
·        Individually numbered London to Brighton Run commemorative rally plaque
·        Commemorative brass finishers medal
·        VIP Parking on Madeira Drive in Brighton reserved exclusively for your use.
·        Plus the experience of taking part in one of the most impressive displays of vintage, classic, kit and sports car in the country

Please give me feedback on this one as soon as you can to as spaces are going fast.

Thanks Colin.

fletch_306

I did this last year and it was amazing everyone was willing to talk and discuss the cars.
I would do it again this year but can't guarantee i will be around due to work.
You really cannot do this without a navigator preferably one that reads quickly and doesn't skip out words, me and my brother in law had some fun and made a few wrong turns!
The routes are different one for the kit cars and one for the classics which intersect at points along the way which can throw you when your instructions say turn left and the classic in front turns right you really need to trust your instructions and hopefully navigator.
When you reach Brighton the atmosphere is amazing with all the cars, Kits and classics lined up on Madeira Drive the weather really turned good for us last year and the free ice cream at the end really topped the day.
I would seriously recommend doing this and hopefully next year i can do it again!

'The Gaffer'

I think we should organise a Bristol to Bournemouth run for clubs closer to us.

Moleman

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 17, March, 2015, 05:11:57 PM
I think we should organise a Bristol to Bournemouth run for clubs closer to us.

I was thinking the same.

Come on guys please give me your opinion on this. :D

damouk

Hi Colin, I'm quite tempted, not sure I would be a be to find a wingman though lol

Iancider

The fee of £95 puts me off and it would be necessary to pay the congestion charge.  So for me its a no.

I like the idea of a Bristol Bournemouth run  - perhaps joining with other clubs.

Regards
Ian

sanzomat

Quote from: Iancider on 17, March, 2015, 08:11:08 PM
The fee of £95 puts me off and it would be necessary to pay the congestion charge.  So for me its a no.

I like the idea of a Bristol Bournemouth run  - perhaps joining with other clubs.

Regards
Ian

Are they charging the congestion charge at weekends now? Wasn't last time I drove through London at a weekend (October) Agree about the £95 though - other things to spend the money on (upgraditis coming on...)
Bristol to Bournmouth sounds fun but from memory I don't recall there being the right kind of sea front?