Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sat 6th & Sun 7th June - Gloucestershire Motor Show 2015

Started by damouk, 30, March, 2015, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

damouk

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has been to this one before as I know its a little out of the usual club area. But it usually has a good turn out and has a nice lot of things to look at.

http://www.gloucestershiremotorshow.co.uk/index.php

Holler if you are interested.

Moleman

This looks good. I can call them tomorrow to see if we can do a club stand if you like?

I'm up for it what about anyone else?  :)

Iancider

damouk

Good good, that makes 3 of us. I did e-mail last night Col, but haven't heard anything back yet. Might be worth seeing who else is up for this one before getting us a 15 car pitch lol

Iancider

Oops just noticed - this is on the same day as the Chippenham Lions event. 

I suggest we leave both up but it will split attendance.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

We can do this one on the Saturday & Chippenham on the Sunday.  :)

damouk

sanzomat

That's my lad's birthday weekend so it might be bad form to do car things both days. Can't decide which one I'd rather go to. I may have to see what arrangements have been made for my boy - its his 21st so my wife may have planned something.

Iancider

smudge

I'll be going to this one as its just (20 miles) up the road  ;D

Moleman

Moleman

Moleman

Bulldog Bri

We can't as Anna's working both days, hoping to still make the Chippenham one though arriving for the afternoon.

I can drop off the club banner for you to take up Colin ;D

8)

damouk

I have received this rather interesting e-mail from the organiser about another event:

Dear all,

Please will you let me know if you are able to support a charity fundraising event by bringing a classic or interesting vehicle along to display at the Provincial Grand Lodge of Gloucestershires' Families Day at Highnam Court on Saturday 8th August 2015 - 2:00pm to 7:00pm. If you are able to come, you can enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the stunning gardens of Highnam Court, enjoy strawberries and cream with a glass of bubbly between strolling through the gardens, enjoying a family picnic in sumptuous surroundings with fine musical entertainment and of course visiting the bar. Highnam Court (just 2 miles west of Gloucester) is a Grade I listed mansion built in 1658 and surrounded by fine landscaped gardens, including four lakes, rockeries, a fernery, knot garden, a one acre rose garden and fine lawns. It was once the home of Sir Hubert Parry, the composer of "Jerusalem" and the present owner has restored the Victorian gardens and increased their size to 40 acres.

If you are able to bring a vehicle along, please will you let me know your name and what vehicle you will be bringing.

Also please pass this email on to anyone you know who might want to bring a vehicle along.

Vehicle drivers and passengers attending will have free admission and strawberries and cream and a glass of bubbly. You can arrive at 13:30pm then leave the event whenever you want.

For those who have not been to Highnam Court, it is worth going just to see the magnificent gardens and lakes although there will be much more on offer on the day including an orchestra, opera singer, food and bar.

The following 37 vehicles were on display last year making a major contribution to a very enjoyable, successful and sunny day:

Roger Head – Rolls Royce Phantom 1
Roger Head – Rolls Royce Phantom 2
Barrie Burgess – VW Beetle
Wilfred Rickard – BMW Cabriolet
Phil Lewis – Cortina Mk 2
Mark Smith – 1959 Series II Land Rover
Mark Smith – Land Rover Safari with roof tent
David Kear - Austin 7
Graham Foster - Austin 12/4
Cedric Ashley – E Type Jaguar 4.2
Vince Clements – Rolls Royce Silver Shadow 1
Gavin Coulthard - Bristol 411
Ann and Mike Chandler - Lancia Delta integrale Evo 1
Malcolm Collier– AC Cobra
David Hensley – Triumph Stag
Christian Stephenson TVR V8 sc
Rick Stephenson – Porsche 911
John Parker - Reliant Scimitar SE5a GTE
Ian Townend - Maserati  4200 cc
Malcolm Forbes - MX5
Nigel Matthews - TVR Tuscan 4.3
Graham Phelps – MGA
Mark Griffiths - Bentley Azure
Tony Chesneau – VW Camper
Richard Batts – Trojan Bubble Car
Mike Marshall – Jaguar E Type V12
Julian Beresford – Jaguar E Type 4.2
Terry Hill – Bentley
Paul Myatt - MX5
Kevin Dickens – XJS V12
Dave Hamblin – TR6 "THUNDERGUTS"
Clive Powell – Jensen Interceptor
Nigel Mathews – TVR
Howard Williams VP Princess 1100
TBA – Alvis pre-war drop head
Wedding Car – Austin Sheerline
TBA – Railton 5.3 V12

Probably worth another thread...?

Looks like I have double booked the 6th June with my mates wedding, so looks like I wont be able to attend this one now :/

benchmark51

Moleman

Me to. I will start a new thread mate. So anyone interested in this please look at the other thread on this that will be linked down our events board on the right.  :)

Looks like I can't make the 6th June either due to a birthday commitment.  :)

I rang them today so anyone who still would like to go to this you will have to contact them on the link at the start to request a entry form.  :)

Moleman

A bit late I know but is any one going to this one now? You should have entered but I'm sure they will let you in if you turn up?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Can't make it sorry, having work done on the car. Hope to be at the Lions meeting Sunday but it will depend on how the car work goes Saturday.