Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Families Day at Highnam Court on Saturday 8th August 2015 - 2:00pm to 7:00pm

Started by Moleman, 18, May, 2015, 08:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Hi guys some of you would have also received this rather interesting e-mail from the organiser John Slade who the admin person from Avenue drivers club about another event = Families Day at Highnam Court on Saturday 8th August 2015 - 2:00pm to 7:00pm,  Highnam Court, Highnam, Gloucester, GL2 8DP

Dear all,

Please will you let me know if you are able to support a charity fundraising event by bringing a classic or interesting vehicle along to display at the Provincial Grand Lodge of Gloucestershires' Families Day at Highnam Court on Saturday 8th August 2015 - 2:00pm to 7:00pm. If you are able to come, you can enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the stunning gardens of Highnam Court, enjoy strawberries and cream with a glass of bubbly between strolling through the gardens, enjoying a family picnic in sumptuous surroundings with fine musical entertainment and of course visiting the bar. Highnam Court (just 2 miles west of Gloucester) is a Grade I listed mansion built in 1658 and surrounded by fine landscaped gardens, including four lakes, rockeries, a fernery, knot garden, a one acre rose garden and fine lawns. It was once the home of Sir Hubert Parry, the composer of "Jerusalem" and the present owner has restored the Victorian gardens and increased their size to 40 acres.

If you are able to bring a vehicle along, please will you let me know your name and what vehicle you will be bringing.

Also please pass this email on to anyone you know who might want to bring a vehicle along.

Vehicle drivers and passengers attending will have free admission and strawberries and cream and a glass of bubbly. You can arrive at 13:30pm then leave the event whenever you want.

For those who have not been to Highnam Court, it is worth going just to see the magnificent gardens and lakes although there will be much more on offer on the day including an orchestra, opera singer, food and bar.

There will be lots of interesting motors there & looks like a good family day out.
Check out the link = http://www.highnamcourt.co.uk/index.html

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT JOHN AT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL .

j.slade@talktalk.net

So if you are interested please click on the link to enter & once you have done so please let me know & we can organize a run up there.  8)

danwilko

Hi
I'm going to this one with the other half and youngster, seems like a nice relaxed affair :)

Moleman

That's 2 of us that has put there name down. Any more for this?  :)

Iancider

Moleman

Don't forget if you do want to join in in this one then please email John & tell them your make & model of your car so you will be allowed in

email John to enter at j.slade@talktalk.net

Dixie

Iancider

Moleman

smudge

I'm booked in on this one, as can't do the one on 6th June due to work  :(

Moleman

Don't forget if you do want to join in in this one then please email John & tell them your make & model of your car so you will be allowed in

So far the people we have that have signed up are= Moleman
                                                                            Danwilko
                                                                            Iancider
                                                                            Dixie
                                                                            Smudge
                                                                            Walnut
Any more for this one? It's another family friendly free event on a beautiful manor house estate 8)

sanzomat

I've just emailed John to say I'll be coming. This event isn't noted on the events list on the Highnam Court website though but the June Gloucestershire motor show is. Seems like the August one is a masonic thing so probably too secretive to be on the website!

Iancider

paintman

Moleman

Quote from: paintman on 30, May, 2015, 11:58:22 PM
Put me and the wife down for this one please Colin. ;)

Hi mate. You need to click on the link above & enter your car to John to go to this one. As he is the one organizing this one.  :)

Moleman

Danwilko
                                                                            Iancider
                                                                            Dixie
                                                                            Smudge
                                                                            Walnut
                                                                            Sanzomat
Any more for this one? It's another family friendly free event on a beautiful manor house estate 8)

Moleman

Danwilko
                                                                            Iancider
                                                                            Dixie
                                                                            Smudge
                                                                            Walnut
                                                                            Sanzomat

paintman

Moleman

Moleman

Danwilko
                                                                            Iancider
                                                                            Dixie
                                                                            Smudge
                                                                            Walnut
                                                                            Sanzomat
                                                                            Paintman
                                                                            Benchmark51

Moleman

As some of you guys who have entered we probably know there is now 61cars that are going to this.  8)

Any more up for this?

Cob68

Hi Colin, i am all booked in with John, my wife is looking forward to this one so hope the weather stays good.

Moleman

Gary RH7

Colin,

I will probably pay a visit as the family are away in Brazil for 6 weeks but I will be in my tintop as my ass wont take the distance in my boneshaker!!!

benchmark51

Be good to see you at Highnam court as Pete (Sprint7) will be there too. He has long experience with a Dolomite based Hood and can no doubt give you some pointers.

Gary RH7

That gives me incentive to go!!! ;D

Was beginning to think I was the only one with a Dolly based Hood. You never see them at the shows.

Moleman

Gary RH7

Do you know how much he got for it Colin?
JUST in case I wanted to sell mine

Moleman

Sprint 7

Hi chaps, just to let you know that you don't get rid of me that easily  :P :P :P I shall be at Highnam as it's one of my closest pals who organises the show. ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

It will be great to see you again mate but mixed feelings. If it's a mate that does this why haven't you told us about it!  >:( :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 24, July, 2015, 12:40:04 AM
It will be great to see you again mate but mixed feelings. If it's a mate that does this why haven't you told us about it!  >:( :D

Maybe he heard about your infamous 'offs' Colin and liked his lawns the way they are!! hahahaha!!   :D :D :D ;)

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 24, July, 2015, 12:40:04 AM

As its organised by the freemasons it may a be secret??

Facial Hair Optional

:)

sanzomat

I haven't seen a forecast for 8th august yet. Might have to roll up your trouser leg for a different reason than paddling...

Moleman

OK guys do you want to head up there in convoy so we can park together or just meet up there?
                                                                            Danwilko
                                                                            Iancider
                                                                            Dixie
                                                                            Smudge
                                                                            Walnut
                                                                            Sanzomat
                                                                            Paintman
                                                                            Benchmark51
                                                                            Cob68

Iancider

paintman

I would like to "convoy" up but will need to come via Bath I recon.....don't know where I could meet you. ::)

Moleman

I will sort out a meeting place somewhere in north Bristol for us all to meet up mate. So it's on your way up there any way.