Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bradley Stoke Carnival Saturday 29th August

Started by Moleman, 14, June, 2015, 08:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Bradley Stoke Carnival Saturday 29th August.
This is the third one we have been invited too & has always been a good one to attend. Most of you guys will remember the first on from the Carnival girls & they might be making a come back this year but no promises.  8)

They will also be doing a best car award trophy so you might end up driving away with a first,second & 3rd prise trophy.
If there was a category for best traffic cone collector then you all might as well not bother as there is no contest  :P  but as there isn't so why not come along.

There will be other attractions too & hopefully another B.K.C.C dodgem ride where we all have a go together & try to avoid hitting each other just like last time.  ::) :P

We will be doing a convoy to the show so it will be easier to park up safely & help the organizers with their carnival arrangements.

So who is up for this.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

I'm sure she was wearing more clothes than that before she got in Tony's car!  :o

Krazyken

As this event is now pending, who is up for this? as there is a good chance of winning a trophy and gently nudging your mates on the dodgems.  As well as seeing the sights & sounds that the Carnival has to offer, ask Walnut & Hairy Santa!

Bri - are you OK to lead the convoy again this year?

Moleman

Anyone up for this then?

Come on we need another rematch on the dodgem's! :P

sanzomat

From the stories (and pictures) of previous ones it'll be a shame to miss this one but I'll be heading off to France. Have a good time!

Iancider

Bulldog Bri

We have visitors that weekend, I might see if they want to drive the Locost up ;)

8)

benchmark51

There you go Bri, Iancider needs a ride. Who knows he might want to upgrade to a locost! ;D

Sumov8

Sorry we are aware in the pikey van for the weekend
I am sure you will all have a good time

Krazyken

I spoke with the Carnival organiser today and have the details of this years event.

The car display will be back at the previous location we had 2 years ago to allow room for all the attractive ladies to crowd round you and your cars.  It's a bit earlier this year and the cars need to be there from 11.30am.  Now for the big news, in addition to the usual fairground rides the theme for this year is Rock Legends.  There will be a live Rock Band and also the best tribute acts including Tom Jones & Cher.  I am told that the Cher tribute has the full 1980's wardrobe so Google it now if you don't know what to expect.  I will arrange for Cher to visit the car display for some photo's.

I need to start giving an indication of numbers so please put your names down below.  This will be a great day for all the family with some interesting snaps afterwards for the forum.

benchmark51

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

Ok so far we have Moleman
                           Bulldog Bri
                           Pilgrim Anna
                           Benchmark51
                           Iancider (if car is fixed)

So where do we want to meet up to convoy there then?  :)

It's this Saturday people are there any more for this? :D

Gary RH7

Sounds good and weather said it wont rain till 19:00 so I am up for it. Just hope the car can cope with the trip as I still have heating problems with leaks so X fingers.

Brandy Barrel

We are just back from viwtnam today, if jet lag doesnt hit(we travelled a full 24 hours) we will do our best, i have to go get the car from the warehouse tomorrow.

Moleman

Ok to make the convoy easier this time we could meet up at Winter Stream Farm
                                                                                        Vantage Business Park
                                                                                        Old Gloucester Rd
                                                                                        Hambrook
                                                                                        Bristol BS16 1GW
It is on the way & we passed it last year. So we can meet up there at 11am so we leave at 11.15 sharp.

Is that ok with everyone?  :)

benchmark51

Ok, fine with me. Lets hope the weather is too

sanzomat

Just thought I'd mention, the road from Winterbourne towards Bradley Stoke that goes under the M4 just near to the Winterstream Farm pub is currently closed as they are working on the M4 bridge. It is actually due to re-open on 28th but might be worth checking if you are going that way as these things often overrun. Have a good carnival!

Moleman

Yes mate I know that's why I choose Winter Stream Farm which is the other side of the bridge so the convoy will miss it. Though I should have mentioned that I suppose.  ::) :)

Facial Hair Optional

I just found out, it's not a farm it's a pub!!! I did wonder why you chose a farm mate!!!

By the motorcycle test training place is that right? If that is still there of course.

Moleman

Yes it is a new chain of pubs mate. Have you seen their cakes?  :o they are massive!!!  8)

Bulldog Bri

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 28, August, 2015, 09:13:50 AM
Yes it is a new chain of pubs mate. Have you seen their cakes?  :o they are massive!!!  8)

Is that a hint Colin?? hahaha!!!  :P

Moleman

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, August, 2015, 03:04:24 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 28, August, 2015, 09:13:50 AM

Is that a hint Colin?? hahaha!!!  :P

It wasn't but it is now.  :P :P :P :P

I passed the bridge today & I can definitely say it will still be closed tomorrow unless they get all that scaffolding down tonight.  :)

Bulldog Bri

You can still come along from Hambrook along the Old Gloucester Road.

8)

Brandy Barrel

Only a 5% chance of rain, so it looks like a good day.
Old Severn bridge open all day phew - closed tomorrow so cam n I won't have to go the long way around.

Gary RH7

Got a bad wheel wobble at the front so going to get the wheels balanced first thing. If leaks and wheels OK I will see you at 11:00 for the convoy. If I am not at the convoy meet up by 11:15 it means the car is not up to the trip. :-\ :-\

Brandy Barrel

Hope all goes well Gary.
See you there all being well

fullpint

Should be ok to make this  Wont leave here till about 11ish tho so approx. ETA of noon..

Moleman

Gary RH7

Tires balanced and good up to 90MPH. Waved at fullpint as he was going into town. Left a puddle at Bathwick Tires floor so looking into that, Still HOPE to see you at 11:00 but don't wait for me.

fullpint

Good up to 90mph,, On a private road I presume hehehe. Yep I just fueled up Gary then heading to town to do my banking.

Moleman

It was a good day.  8) I didn't take many photo's but here one I will share with you, or is it Cher with you?  :P

Brandy Barrel

Gary, didn't the tyre people have a toilet then. Bet they were not too impressed your leaving a puddle on their floor.

Iancider

Sorry I couldn't make it - no car nor nuffink!

Hope you had a good time.  And hope you all had you fair Cher! 8)

Ian

Gary RH7

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 29, August, 2015, 04:48:12 PM
Gary, didn't the tyre people have a toilet then. Bet they were not too impressed your leaving a puddle on their floor.

Overheated a little on the way back. You should see the brown stain down the side of my car. Hate to think what I left on the M4. ??? ???

Colin, she is old enough to be your mum :o

Another one trying to get there leg over ;)

I am sure I had an app for lighting fags here somewhere 8)

Great day :D

Thanks guys 8)

fullpint

hahahaha Nice one Gary... I will try to load some pics up tomorrow..

fullpint

I'm still not sure that Cher is a Cher!!!!! More like a C-his

Iancider

QuoteI'm still not sure that Cher is a Cher!!!!! More like a C-his

Ooooh you are awful - but I like you!  ;) :D ;D :P :-*