Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thursday Evening Club meet 6th August.

Started by Moleman, 01, August, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Our monthly Thursday evening club meet will be held at Riverside Inn, Salford Marina, The Shallows, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3EZ

We will hope to get there for around 7-7.30pm where we can stay for a drink & a chat & about 8.30pm we can do a little run out along the ring road to The White Harte, 111 London Road, Warmley, Bristol, Avon BS30 5NA
to carry on the evening with a few more cokes.  :D

So who is up for it?  All is welcome whether you have a car on the road, off the road, not yet fully built or thinking of building one ;D

Colin.

Gary RH7

Facial Hair Optional

Fingers crossed I will be there mate. Hospital visit that day but I should be ok with luck.

sanzomat

Depends what time I get back from work. I'll try to come but might be second pub only.

Sumov8

Moleman

Almondsburyhills

Iancider

I cant think of anything better to do!

Hairy Santa

benchmark51

Depends if my clutch cable arrives in time :-\

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, August, 2015, 03:22:04 PM
Depends if my clutch cable arrives in time :-\

If you ever decide to go hydraulic Dave let me know and I'll lend a hand so I can learn to do mine! Just finished adjusting my new cable in the Cossie, bloody pain in the arse on your own! It uses a cable from a Peugeot 309 adapted. Am scared to go test  it now!!!!!  :o

Bulldog Bri

Hoping to be there, actually got the week off for a change :P

8)

Gary RH7

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

Lucky Ed

I should be there. I've just finished squeezing a new, large rad into my car, which left me even less space for the oil cooler - but it's in there. Had time to blast it down the ring road last night and it seems ok so far, but will have to wait to Combe to really find out. Probably going to put some bonnet vents in as well, or I might bodge a way of propping up the rear of the bonnet to get some of the heat out.

Mikebishop is coming round tonight to change his brake fluid, ready for the track day - brakes, who needs 'em :o 8)

Moleman

The weather is going to be good tomorrow so that's have a good turnout of people. 8)

benchmark51

Still haven't got my clutch cable, so no go for me :'( :'(

benchmark51

Typical, just had an email 'Order ready for collection' :-X :-X

Sod it, I'll do it tomorrow!

Moleman

That's a shame mate. It was a good night we even went over to the White Hart to meet up with you & Walnut but you noth wasn't there.  :)

benchmark51

Did many go?

I got the cable this morning and lo and behold it was the right one :D
All fitted, just had a drive and about to readjust it after tea break.
Will be ok for Highnam, but will go via Iron Acton, Falfield and the A38

Lucky Ed

It was a pretty good turnout, with about a dozen cars at the Riverside.

On our sedate convoy to the White Harte, RobP, Moleman and myself manage to slip passed a white Lambo at the roundabout. The driver seemed a bit miffed at this and blasted away at the next red lights - with Rob in hot pursuit LOL

Did you catch him Rob? ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 07, August, 2015, 12:53:41 PM
Did many go?

I got the cable this morning and lo and behold it was the right one :D
All fitted, just had a drive and about to readjust it after tea break.
Will be ok for Highnam, but will go via Iron Acton, Falfield and the A38
I've only been to 2 Thursday night meets so far Dave but this one had a very good turn out as far as I can tell, loads of cars at the Shallows (I think Colin said 14?) Not all went on to the White Harte but I would say there were a good 8 to 10 of us there maybe?

sanzomat

Look out for our first German members too. There was a German family in the pub on the last night of their fortnight's holiday to the UK. They came outside to have a good look at the cars. Brian passed a BKCC card to the frau. They aren't kit owners but are car enthusiasts.

Had a good chat. We sometimes take it for granted how lovely our country is, particularly the SW. This family had a choice of the whole country to visit and opted to base themselves in Warmley. They said it was the best holiday they'd had and will definitely be back, despite the mixed weather. They particularly enjoyed the friendly people and said they found us to be more friendly than any other european country the'd visited and had been able to strike up a conversation with everyone they'd met.

Facial Hair Optional

Yes, she picked on me and was very friendy indeed! I'm not used to strange women standing so close and talking in my ear!

She has a bike license too and it was her who is into the fast cars more than hubby, she had driven quite a few and I got the impression she was a pretty accomplished driver too.

All she had to do was persude him to buy one. I did suggest as much to him... because the lady's worth it! A very nice couple indeed. I can see the headlines now.. "BKCC twins with unpronounceable German town"  ;D ;D

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 07, August, 2015, 01:34:22 PM
It was a pretty good turnout, with about a dozen cars at the Riverside.

On our sedate convoy to the White Harte, RobP, Moleman and myself manage to slip passed a white Lambo at the roundabout. The driver seemed a bit miffed at this and blasted away at the next red lights - with Rob in hot pursuit LOL

Did you catch him Rob? ;)

Rob would have caught him  :D

Cheers Adrian