News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shelsley Walsh Breakfast Club

Started by Iancider, 05, August, 2015, 09:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

This is an event we ought to do.

Shelsley Walsh is the oldest motorsport location in the World.  Once a month they have a Breakfast club 9 a.m. to 12:00.  This is their 110th year and it would be good to be part of that celebration.  The next event is Sunday 9th August but I know that clashes with Queens Square and Prescott - but how about Sunday 6th September?  Shelsley is the home of the Midlands Automobile Club and the cars that arrive are generally spectacular.

Its location is WR6 6RP and just west of Worcester.  If we were to take the 2 hour route up we would enjoy the Wye Valley Road and the Malvern hills on the way.

Anybody interested?

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

I remember Guy Martin going up the hill there in training for his Pikes Peak bike record attempt....

"Guy - who is best known for racing motorcycles at the Isle of Man TT Races - had use of the very latest Empire Wraith single seater racing car owned by Simon Fidoe

The lightweight and latest technology Empire Wraith is built by Bill Chaplin in Somerset and boasts F1 inspired aerodynamics, is powered by a 1000cc motorcycle engine and can reach from 0 to 60 mph in around two seconds!

After a respectful first run Guy commented: "This is a whole lot of car for not a lot of road, the track is very narrow and the car goes so quick that I had to concentrate really hard just to keep it on course, the acceleration and handling is simply amazing."

Good show that was.

I may be up for that Ian but it depends on the outcome of a few things between now and then so I can't commit for sure just yet.

Sumov8

Ian  This sounds like a great run out, but I am on a holiday in France so will not be able to attend.

Maybe another time :'(

sanzomat

Ditto - I'll be in France to -  I'll look out for Cobra's. Anywhere near Bordeaux/St Emillion?

I would like to do the Shelsley Walsh trip some time though.

Iancider

Well good luck to those going to France.  While you are waiting on the M20 - you might be thinking "I could have been in Shelsley Walsh having Breakfast!"    8)

Don't forget to bring back some souvenirs!

Ian

benchmark51

Quote from: Iancider on 06, August, 2015, 01:37:00 PM
Well good luck to those going to France.  While you are waiting on the M20 - you might be thinking "I could have been in Shelsley Walsh having Breakfast!"    8)

Don't forget to bring back some souvenirs!

Ian
Don't forget extra food and drink to keep your stowaways happy! :o ;D

sanzomat

I'll be flying and picking up a hire car in Bordeaux this time. I got away lightly when I went through the tunnel in July. Only a two hour delay going out and no delay at all coming back, actually got on an earlier train than the one i'd booked.

Camber Dave

I was looking for somewhere to go in June, I think, and came across it 3hours too late

I was talking to a Shelsley regular at the South Glos Show and resolved to attend

So put me on the list.
Its just a Breakfast club BTW not a competitive day. But what a breakfast club!

Dave

rivsy36

They also do a Breakfast Club at Prescott once a month also.
John