+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

September Queens Square

Started by Bulldog Bri, 17, August, 2015, 12:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

Just thought I'd point this out. :( The next Queens Square meeting will clash with the Bristol Half Marathon and looking at the route there's not really any chance cars are going to be allowed in to the square as the runners will be going through mid morning.

Anyone want to meet up somewhere else for the morning? Out of town? ::)

8)

Moleman

Thanks for the heads up Bri.

Any Suggestions to where we could go?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

I have just emailed Tony at the ADC to ask if it is on or off.

Best to find out for sure 1st I would think.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 17, August, 2015, 08:27:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bri.

Any Suggestions to where we could go?  :)

I would say the Downs but I have no idea where the marathon route goes and they may well be up there too!

How about Portland Square or Brunswick Square? Both have a nice 'parky' bit in the middle and parking around the perimeter. Brunswick with marked out parking bays and a cafe close by, though I cant see it being open on a Sunday morning.

benchmark51

Trouble is, the marathon watchers will know that and most parking will be spoken for.
Better off out of town as we wont know where we can and cannot drive let alone park.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 18, August, 2015, 12:41:07 PM
Trouble is, the marathon watchers will know that and most parking will be spoken for.
Better off out of town as we wont know where we can and cannot drive let alone park.

Good point Dave!! I forgot about people going to watch it. Weirdos!! ha ha!! Kidding, each to his own  ;D

Moleman

Any Suggestions on a replacement just for this month then guys?

Iancider

Here's a few:

Cheddar Gorge
Northey Arms Box as recently discussed - Box, SN13 8AE
The Windmill on Nore Road overlooking the estuary at Clevedon - big car park good views
Brunch at the Royal Inn Portishead- spectacular estuary views and over the marina - big car-park
The Famous corner cafe monster breakfast the Corner Cafe Portishead see the video!

Or for more class the Shelsley Walsh Classic car Breakfast - Sept 6th - I am already going to that.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Current word from Tony at the ADC is that the event will take place the Sunday after so you may wish to factor that in. That is not set in stone yet though.