'The Gaffer'

Stafford Kit Car Show   

Bingley Hall, Staffordshire County Showground, Weston Road
Stafford, ST18 0BD

Link to show site http://www.kit-cars.com/stafford/inside.html

Anyone going?

mattsmev

Hi G&T

I am booked in for the CKC/Omex Track Day at Llandow on the Sat, but if the weather is good I may go straight from there to Stafford for the Sat evening/Sunday.  I know another MEV owner is planning on doing the same.   That way I get the track day and the car show all in one weekend.  I love to have my penny and my cake!

Cheers

Mattsmev

Quarrycars

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: mattsmev on 23, August, 2010, 12:44:03 PM
Hi G&T

I am booked in for the CKC/Omex Track Day at Llandow on the Sat, but if the weather is good I may go straight from there to Stafford for the Sat evening/Sunday.  I know another MEV owner is planning on doing the same.   That way I get the track day and the car show all in one weekend.  I love to have my penny and my cake!

Cheers

Mattsmev

Hmm now theres a thought.

evolution

Any further noises on this, might make a nice all day event/run.  Both days are marked as dry.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: evolution on 13, September, 2010, 06:42:37 PM
Any further noises on this, might make a nice all day event/run.  Both days are marked as dry.

Nothing for sure yet my end, could be on after Llandow though. Put your name down for the trackday, then maybe plan from there?

mattsmev

Currently my plan is to take my MEV and Mondeo to Llandow with mrs and miss mattsmev, then for mrs mattsmev to drive back to Corsham with track day stuff (tyres, jack,petrol etc) and me to take the MEV to Stafford on the Saturday night for camping and the show on the Sunday - miss mattsmev as yet undecided.  I'll obviously drive back to Corsham on Sunday afternoon.

Any one fancy joining me?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: mattsmev on 14, September, 2010, 03:52:39 PM
Any one fancy joining me?

Just had a look at google maps, its a 3 hour drive so I guess a little depends on how I feel after the trackday and if Speedy J (the missus) wants to join me. And of course the weather :)

evolution

mattsmev

I went up from the Llandow day, mostly to meet the MEV guys.  The show was quite poor really, with lots of empty stands and space in the main hall that had nothing in it. 

I had a long chat with the Tom Saunders (i think) of Kit Car mag, who put the show on, he was also disappointed and put his hand up for being responsible for what he freely admitted was a disappointing show.  On the upside the conversation turned to what can he do to put on a show that we want to go to?

I'll probably post the question on a moor general thread soon, but as we chatted we came up with some ideas.  It was a good question that has got me thinking.

Anyway, if you missed the show, I wouldn't get to worried, you didn't miss much this year - hopefully with some feed back it can be better next year.

Cheers

Mattsmev

evolution

I went up yesterday.  I'll not be going back - ever. 4 hours there and back.  £10 to get into a hall with 11 kit manufacturers and a few stalls, absolutely diabolical.  Mark show was better last month.

mattsmev

Just to clear up any confusion - In my previous post I mistakingly attributed this show to the wrong kitcar magazine.  I have now corrected it to read that the show was put on by Kitcar magazine.  it was my total and complete mistake...

Cheers

mattsmev

evolution