Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bristol Kit Car Club Clay Pigeon Shoot - Sat 25th Sep

Started by 'The Gaffer', 28, August, 2010, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Ok, we've done French Boules, now how about some Clay Pigeon Shooting.

Free Image Hosting

Here's another great event for those who aren't really interested in standing around kicking tyres and talking about cars.

I have contacted the Mendip Shooting Ground who are happy to offer us a coached 25 clays and cartridges session with instruction at their dedicated Clay Pigeon Shooting facilities situated within the beautiful Mendip countryside. And for anyone who was wondering, no live animals are shot at, only clay targets are used ;)

I have pencilled in Saturday 25th Sep at 11.00am – 13.00. Cost £25.00 pp.

Over 60 automatic clay traps allow targets suitable for the absolute beginner to the most accomplished competition clay target shooter - I think most of us will be of beginner status but I wonder who will hit the most??. This is not a 'Guy's Only' sport so wives, girlfriends / partners are welcome too.

Guns, ammunition, ear protection, coaching and tea & coffee are all provided on the day. In addition, the clubhouse provides hot and cold food too. (Breakfast £5)

Of course safety is paramount and there will be a Safety Brief before the event and coaching throughout.

I need to gauge interest pretty quick on this one, as they can't hold the place for long. Thanks Psymon for getting the ball rolling.

A little about the sport...

Clay Pigeon shooting, so called because the disc shaped targets replace live pigeons, is an internationally recognised sport which has Olympic status. The weapons used are sporting shotguns of which MSG have a selection to suit all ages and sizes whether male or female. The clay pigeons (targets), which are basically made from pitch and limestone dust, are thrown through the air by machines at varying speeds and angles to represent the flight of birds; few things can compare with the excitement and satisfaction of hitting and demolishing your first and every target.

Why do they say 'pull' when calling for a target? Because originally, a pigeon was released from a trap (box) by "pull"ing a string on the trapdoor.

So, come on folks; let's smoke some clays...

Heres a few I smoked earlier hehe

Names please.

1.  G & Toniq.
2.  Wallnut
3.  Psymon

WALNUT

YellaBelly

Damn it! Me and the missus would have been up for that one, but it's the day before we go to Oz on holiday so I don't think it would be a good idea to risk any 'happenings' then, we've been looking forward to this one for a loooong time :)

Hope it all goes well guys, and it will be great to see how competitive people really are ;)

JB

Psymon

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 28, August, 2010, 09:30:09 PM
Damn it! Me and the missus would have been up for that one, but it's the day before we go to Oz on holiday so I don't think it would be a good idea to risk any 'happenings' then, we've been looking forward to this one for a loooong time :)

Hope it all goes well guys, and it will be great to see how competitive people really are ;)

JB

Thats a shame JB, The event will be very safe for you both and I promise not to make you dance in a hail of buckshot ;D

Bulldog Bri

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 29, August, 2010, 08:34:57 AM
Quote from: WALLNUT on 28, August, 2010, 07:16:33 PM
You can put me down for that

Tony

You don't need putting down yet!  ;D

8)

I agree with Brian, I think there is still lots of life in Tony yet.

Tony, is there any chance of you changing your mind about being 'put down'?

WALNUT

Theres some that would say iv already been put down but dont know it.

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Ok, back on subject.

Names please.

1.  G & Toniq.
2.  Wallnut
3.  Psymon

'The Gaffer'

What? No one else for this great fun event? Blasting some clays with a 12 bore plus a good breakfast?

Daley Down Under

Sounds terrific - would love to go but cant make that weekend.

Psymon

Maybe one event to hold off for a ltr date matey..

Cheers Si

WALNUT

It seems a shame that theres no intrest in this fun day. Especially as I have just dusted off my sawn off 15 shot pump action.

Tony

dave_bence

I'd love to give it a try, but I'm away that weekend.

gingerpaul

Over 2 hours each way for me but I'm still tempted. Shooting stuff is fun and it's about time I dragged myself over to say hello. Still kit car weather too just about.

I'm in.

gingerpaul

PS Do you reckon they'd put the Singapore GP on their TV in the clubhouse afterwards. The timing would be just about right.   ;D

'The Gaffer'

Be good to see you Paul but I'm not sure how many other members you will meet.

A few people are away and general interest is low on this one but I will let thread run till the end of the week.

Quote from: gingerpaul on 08, September, 2010, 09:40:04 AM
PS Do you reckon they'd put the Singapore GP on their TV in the clubhouse afterwards. The timing would be just about right.   ;D

I wonder if that would entice a few more to come along :)

So far then..

1.  G & Toniq.
2.  Wallnut
3.  Psymon
4.  gingerpaul

Who else?

Spartan Woman

I would have come but I'm away that weekend - sorry.
Hope you all have a great time.

gingerpaul

Perhaps it'd be worth trying a week or two later. What dates are people who are interested but can't currently make available?

Cyclone4

Just for info I run Larkhill Garrison Clay Target Shooting Club (lctsc.co.uk) in Wilts and am also instructor and have been shooting for 14 years if anybody is interested in driving slightly further out than normal I can get a group in for about 12 pounds a head and if you want our kitchen open we can supply food and drink also? Maybe with more time to arrange members for availability this would be more feasible. Regards to all Rob. :)

'The Gaffer'

Thanks Rob. Maybe this event is one for later in the year.

gingerpaul

Quote from: Cyclone4 on 10, September, 2010, 01:59:46 PM
Just for info I run Larkhill Garrison Clay Target Shooting Club (lctsc.co.uk) in Wilts and am also instructor and have been shooting for 14 years if anybody is interested in driving slightly further out than normal I can get a group in for about 12 pounds a head and if you want our kitchen open we can supply food and drink also? Maybe with more time to arrange members for availability this would be more feasible. Regards to all Rob. :)

Your place would shave at least half an hour from my journey time and involve more interesting roads so that sounds good to me.   :D