Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbie from Swindon Area

Started by Chaz, 28, June, 2015, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Hi all,
Chaz here. I've just bought a Tiger Super 6. I'm new to this sort of thing so I expect you'll be hearing a few cries for help in the future. I hope to attend a meet or two before the Summer is out.

Cheers,
Chaz

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome. Looks a nice little Beastie there. How about next weekend we're all off down to Shearwater just south of Warminster... Come and say 'Hi' and join in the BBQ.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club, hope to catch up soon 8)

Gary RH7

Hi, welcome from Chippenham. Good to see more from the East of Bristol. Hope to see you at a meet.

Iancider

Hi Chaz,

Always lots of willing help in this club and always plenty going on in the summer.

Regards
Ian

simmo11

Hi nice looking car, I'm from Swindon and a friend of mine is getting his GBS back this weekend, we will have to meet up sometime, and maybe go to some of the meets together

Moleman

Hi & welcome to the club. Feel free to stick your name down to any of our up & coming events we got going on. There are still lots to do this summer just look down the events list on the forum.  8)

Chaz

Quote from: Moleman on 30, June, 2015, 09:05:53 PM
Hi & welcome to the club. Feel free to stick your name down to any of our up & coming events we got going on. There are still lots to do this summer just look down the events list on the forum.  8)

Will do. I'm struggling for time at the moment, bloody work.........

tigercub84

Hi I'm also from Swindon I have a red tiger cub. It be good to meet up

garry h

Hi Chaz and welcome to the club your find all the answers here  :)

Brandy Barrel

Nice car chaz, welcome to the club from Cam and I.

Facial Hair Optional

Hi Chaz, is that a Ford pinto with Webers?? I have a Tiger with 2 litre pinto and twin 40s. If I can help at all pls ask (I don't profess to be an expert, but have been hands on with mine for over a year now so may be able to help)

I was out in your direction (kind of) this morning. Left home at 6.45am, fab that time of day on a Sunday!! Fresh air (ish!) no traffic (at all virtually) nice clean roads (apart from small amount of saturday night trash left by idiots!)

Went out via Old Sodbury, then on to Tog Hill, then out on the Chippenham road (A420?) to Marshfield, Colerne, Thickwood, then down the hill to Batheaston and then back along the A46 on a nice swift blat!! 45 miles all told.

Have to say I had a grin as big as Daniel Ricciardo's by the end!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think more Sunday morning meets would be a good thing myself, it's one of the few times in the UK these days you can really have fun in cars like ours  8) :o 8) ;)

benchmark51

I have a xflow in Ratbag and also have a pinto thats been waiting to go in for ages now. I think I have most of what I need to do the swap but not sure about the engine mountings. If anyone has any piccies of a fitted pinto I would like to see them please. The sump is all done, twin dellies, and an over the rail ex manifold and will make another bonnet as necc.

I quite like early morning runs, with the mist rising from the fields as the sun rises. Did a lot of that around Europe and it was brill.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 05, July, 2015, 10:06:24 AM
I have a xflow in Ratbag and also have a pinto thats been waiting to go in for ages now. I think I have most of what I need to do the swap but not sure about the engine mountings. If anyone has any piccies of a fitted pinto I would like to see them please. The sump is all done, twin dellies, and an over the rail ex manifold and will make another bonnet as necc.

I quite like early morning runs, with the mist rising from the fields as the sun rises. Did a lot of that around Europe and it was brill.

I'm a night owl so I find it hard, but there is no doubt it is the best time of day by far!

Are you on the run to Shearwater today? Or maybe at the ADC meet at Queen's Sq next Sunday?

If so you can check out my engine mounts by all means and take some pics for yourself. I should be at the ADC all being well, not 100% about this afternoon's run yet tho.

Iancider

QuoteI'm a night owl so I find it hard, but there is no doubt it is the best time of day by far!
::) ??? :P :o ;D ;)

Quote of the year!

simmo11

Quote from: garry h on 03, July, 2015, 09:01:58 PM

We will have to have a little Swindon meet :D

Gary RH7

Quote from: simmo11 on 05, July, 2015, 01:29:01 PM
Quote from: garry h on 03, July, 2015, 09:01:58 PM

We will have to have a little Swindon meet :D

I missed this one simmo11 :(

I would be up for that as Chippenham is not far

fullpint

And Im just down the road from Gary  :D Swindon can be just half an hour away for me..

Facial Hair Optional

Chaz, Simmo11, Gary RH7, Fullpint, Tigercub84 etc, why don't you all arrange a half hour "car park meet and chinwag" local to yourselves to break the ice?? I'm sure you have a lot in common (kit cars for one!) and who knows you may start up a regular thing!?

If you do then let eveyone on the forum know 'cos I'm sure others may like to tag along and join in, maybe on a nice quiet sunday morning perhaps??

It happens all over the UK every week, just a short while ago I was out in my car and stumbled across a "fast ford" meet of some kind in B&Q car park in Yate! Beats sitting in front of the TV on a sunday morning I can tell you.

Once you've done it you'll be glad you did and you'll find we are all very nice people ('cos no one horrible ever owns a kit car!!!)  ;D

I would have thought maybe the Chippenham area or M4 services might be a handy place to cover your area and anything east of Brizzle (though I'm not sure how far out all of you are?)

Iancider

Quoteor M4 services might be a handy place to cover your area

It is good to see some of our "edge of Bristol" member wanting to meet locally because everything tends to be events measured near the centre.

However you must NOT meet in Motorway Services.  Goodness if you do that you will end up driving Skoda Fabias and planning your journeys on distance between pee stops.  :o :o :o

So to save you that indignity - how about the Compass Inn at Tormarton GL9 1HZ - just off the A46 north of the M4 - it is a perfect location for a meet-up.

OR the utterly gorgeous White Horse Inn at Winterbourne Bassett, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 9QB

OR the lovely Bolingbroke Arms Hook St, Near Wootton Bassett, Swindon SN4 8DZ

OR The Jolly Huntsman Inn Kington Saint Michael Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6JB

So much nicer!  ;)

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Indeed.

You seem to know a lot of pubs Ian!  :D :D :D :P :P :P

The point is that any meeting anywhere is better than none. Better a car park than not at all eh?

Iancider

I still wouldn't do motorway services - you know screaming kids, grumpy people, plastic expensive food and manic parking etc.

If I can't entice you with GORJUSS pubs, what about Supermarket car parks, very early on a Sunday morning....

Nobody there and you can leave with fresh Doughnuts!  :P :P :P :D :D 8)

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

And maybe leave fresh doughnuts (or as we are now Americanised.. donuts) too!! Just watch out for security killjoys!

simmo11

Hi guys, what about a little meet at Swindon Karting, 9th or 16th August, I know the guys that own it and they are very car friendly, and if You fancy a go on the go karts or the minimotos might be able to get a bit of a discount, what do think?

Gary RH7

Is that SN4 0QJ??
Need to check diary so if free sounds like a good idea.

Gary

simmo11

simmo11

It looks like Swindon Karting have a big event on the 9th, so I think the 16th would be more Suitable

Moleman

If your going to have a go at karting then I will pop up myself.  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

I will tag along if I can but can't be sure until nearer the day (work, medical crap etc)

simmo11

The more the merrier, and it would be great to meet you all  :D

Chaz

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. It's a 2.1L Pinto with twin 45 Dellortos.
I'd be happy to get some pics for you , just drop me a line with your requirements.
Meeting up sounds good, I just need to get a bit of spare time, it's bloody ridiculous at the moment.
Cheers,
Chaz

tigercub84

Does any bodyknow how many kit cars are around Swindon.

Vindicator

No idea for Swindon as a whole although I see kits fairly regularly pass my house. I'm just outside Wootton Bassett.

Sparkyb

Hi,
I'm just north of Chippenham and work in Swindon. I have an engine A-frame and hoist going spare, as I have just bought a 2 ton engine crane if it helps with the swap.

cheers
Mark

nojjer

Facial Hair Optional

Sounds to me like you guys could get a little 'SwindonAreaTeam' going?? - SWAT!!!  ::)

Paul.latham

I am in Chippenham too
So depending on other plans and weather count me in too if there is to be a meet!

Vindicator

Hi Paul, we had a meet over at Purton Stoke a couple of weeks ago....a lot of the 'Bristol crew' came over. We should perhaps aim to have some regular meets out this way anyway to catch up....I know Chaz and Simon didn't make it....Ian