Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CC CarCraft Cyclone Kit Car (SOLD) - Rare C20LET Turbo

Started by 'The Gaffer', 16, May, 2016, 08:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

BIG PRICE DROP £5499

It is with great reluctance that I am selling my high specification CarCraft Cyclone rare turbo powered Kit Car presented in true Lamborghini orange. New work commitments mean I have not had, nor will have the time to enjoy this fantastic car as much as I'd like, so it's time for another enthusiast to take over ownership and have some fun!!. The car is in great condition, has been garaged, is road legal and correctly registered as a CarCraft Cyclone on the V5. I'd be surprised if the car has covered 350 miles since the above picture was taken.

This really is a Kit Car with a difference.. It has easily removable watertight and lockable roof / doors which are in-car storable, plus a heater and screen de-mister to keep you dry and cosy on those wet and chilly days. Also it's striking design attracts attention from petrol-heads and the general public alike and it certainly stands out from the crowd creating conversation wherever you go.

This Cyclone is a very quick car powered by a bullet-proof and smooth running mid-engined Vauxhall C20LET 4 cylinder turbo engine. It's currently standard producing 204bhp and 217 lb-ft of torque and with the car weighing in at just 768Kg this equates to a power to weight ratio of 262bhp. With a simple phase 2 chip replacement, the engine, intercooler and fuel pump can safely produce 280bhp (Super-car power to weight ratio of 365bhp!!). Even more power is available if you want to fettle a bit, but in all honesty it's fast enough as it is and makes some amazing whooshing and fluttering noises under acceleration / de-acceleration only adding to the very exciting and involving driving experience.

The engine starts first time, is rattle free, and there is no smoke from the exhaust. The cam-belt, and water-pump were replaced only a few hundred miles ago along with oil and filter plus coolant change.
The engine is mated to a converted 4 to 2WD Vauxhall F28 six speed gearbox which means it cruises nicely on the motorway plus the power is distributed nicely across all the gears.
Stopping power has also been addressed with some Hi-Spec 4 pot callipers on the front and Mintex pads all round. Stop and go grip is fed to the road by a set of Toyo R888 tyres mounted on stylish and tidy Compumotive alloys.

The car handles like its on rails due mainly to the excellent height and damping adjustable AVO coilover suspension and steering design but further complimented by a full geometry and corner weighting session carried out only a few hundred miles ago.

I have done 2 trackdays in my ownership, some might say this is a bad thing but I believe they are a great way to shake-down a car for faults as well as having some great fun. This car passed with flying colours short of a hard to find breather hose coming loose creating some fumes. This has since been rectified.

Dash instrumentation is handled by a Stack digital ST8100 multi function display. This has every possible feature you will need and probably more and retails today at just over £1000. There is also a turbo boost instrument. The interior has been mostly re-trimmed in soft black material and the padded seats are extremely comfortable with the option of putting harness's though if you desire.

This car has some very nice design features including an adjustable peddle-box making the car suitable for a variety of drivers, I am 6ft tall and can fit perfectly with the box adjusted around 85% of limit. Anyone from around 5 to over 6 ft should be able to drive the car. The Cyclone also benefits from some clever internal storage under the bonnet which although wont handle 2 week holiday luggage, it is more than sufficient for a couples weekend away.

The MOT was carried out in Oct 2015 with no advisories. It was first registered in 1998 and has had 4 previous owners, the last one being the actual apprentice who helped build the original car at the CarCraft factory. He bought it many years later in 2009 after spotting it for sale. He then carried out various modifications including an amazing paint job using Lamborghini paint, however personal circumstances forced him to sell the car and I acquired it in 2014. This car has featured in Kit Car magazines and hopefully will come with a bag of receipts (That I am trying hard to locate) There is also a spare ignition key.

As with any Kit Car there is always room for a bit of personalisation and a few things to put right, this one is no exception. There is scope to further trim the interior, the centre tunnel and switch plate material could be smartened up. The Stack dash display could do with some calibration on some of the settings, especially speed and fuel level, and some of the sensors will need wiring up correctly. This I'm sure is achievable with time and an operator manual. The aluminium petrol tank cap is missing but a plastic one is in it's place. The steering wheel centre is a little tatty but fully functional. The tyres will need changing at some time but for the moment are perfectly legal. There is a little heat marking over the exhaust pipe to body. A heat resisting plate could be fitted there if required. Other than that everything works as it should.

Overall condition wise? Unlike some, I simply refuse to overstate the condition of a car. The number of times over the years I have travelled to see a car that was described as 'Mint' only to find my idea of 'Mint' and the sellers was massively way off, thus wasting both our times. For a 18 year old car, this Cyclone is in great condition, but not mint. It has a few stone chips and a couple of wear and tear marks, and as mentioned above a little fettling is needed plus Stack calibration and sensor work but that's it. The car is a head turner as it stands for sure.!

Any questions, just ask but in short the car features:

• CC CarCraft Cyclone
  • Rare C20LET Turbo Model
  • 6 speed gearbox
  • Very Fast (Power to weight ratio 262bhp)
  • Easily tuneable with re-chip
  • Lockable removable and stowable roof /doors
  • Stack digital dash display
  • Heater / demister
  • Very comfortable / adjustable peddle box travel
  • New cambelt
  • New water pump
  • Recent oil, filter and coolant
  • Reliable, starts first time / No smoke
  • AVO fully adjustable coilovers
  • Hi-Spec brakes
  • Mintex brake pads
  • Toyo R888 tyres all round
  • Fantastic real Lamborghini orange custom paint job
  • Real Head-turner
  • MOT till Oct 2016
  • Spare key

I am asking £SOLD but am open to offers. PM me or call Phil on 07733 438555 if you have any questions.

So, if you are looking for a cheap to maintain, powerful, well looked after, reliable Kit Car, then look no further, maybe you have found it. I am keen to sell and am open to serious offers, but please don't waste my time or yours offering silly amounts and saying the car can be collected within the hour etc etc. Tests drives will be ok providing you can show at least proof of 3rd party insurance to drive other cars and that you have had experience of driving high performance cars. This will be at my discretion.

Thanks for taking a look and now some more pics :)

I am asking £SOLD but am open to offers. PM me or call Phil on 07733 438555 if you have any questions.

Facial Hair Optional

A very striking looking car. You don't see many of the see around either, not even at Stoneleigh. Good luck with the sale Phil.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 16, May, 2016, 09:19:12 PM
A very striking looking car. You don't see many of the see around either, not even at Stoneleigh. Good luck with the sale Phil.

Cheers Steve, appreciated.

fullpint

Still thinking about a kit or classic Phil. Off to Castle Combe on Sunday in the hope to see a classic car that I have in mind. If its not to my taste then I reckon kit-car is the route :) I do like bright colours :) Looks very sound mate.

Facial Hair Optional

fullpint

Castle Combe Steam Rally, this Saturday and Sunday. Always a good selection of classic cars on show :)

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 18, May, 2016, 05:55:07 PM
Still thinking about a kit or classic Phil. Off to Castle Combe on Sunday in the hope to see a classic car that I have in mind. If its not to my taste then I reckon kit-car is the route :) I do like bright colours :) Looks very sound mate.

Cheers Steve, nothing quite like the rawness of a kit, come and have a drive, you will be sold ;) :)

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 18, May, 2016, 09:10:33 PM
Good luck with the sale Phil

Cheers Adrian

Thanks Adrian. Appreciated.

Facial Hair Optional

Are you going to list the car on eBay and Pistonheads Phil?? Great time of year to sell!!!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 19, May, 2016, 11:52:36 AM
Are you going to list the car on eBay and Pistonheads Phil?? Great time of year to sell!!!

Yes indeed, whenever I can grab 20mins to do it ;D Agreed good time to get it out there.

Iancider

Good luck with the sale Phil,

It is a shame to see you parted from it, you didn't get enough road time in it - that car is a gem!

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iancider on 20, May, 2016, 05:06:25 PM
Good luck with the sale Phil,

It is a shame to see you parted from it, you didn't get enough road time in it - that car is a gem!

Ian

Cheers Ian. Yes time is something I don't have much of anymore and I'm sure I will miss the car as it is such a thrill when I do get the rare chance to drive it :(