Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Weber carb tuning near Bristol

Started by wacky, 24, May, 2014, 08:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacky

Hi

My Weber 45's are running fairly well, but I seem to be getting through the fuel pretty fast.

Is there anywhere near Bristol that will do a proper tune for me do you know?

Thanks
Tony

benchmark51

I think dcoe's can go out of tune fairly easily, so you would do well to learn how to do them yourself. Otherwise you'll be in and out getting them tuned at regular intervals. I have dellorto's and they behave a bit better. I had a mexico years ago, went very well, but gave 11 mpg!

Grin-a-lot

I've had good experiences at Circuit Motors - it's not cheap but it'll confirm you've got the right jets etc fitted.

I'd also agree that knowing how to play with the screws yourself is also worthwhile so you can tune at home, just make a note of their starting position so it's easy to reset when you get it wrong!

SPAXIMUS

On my first Westfield I had carbs and the only place that could sort them out properly was Interpro at Thornbury. Dave, who is one of the owners did mine.

When I took it in it had been set up before for all top end, he changed chokes and jets and afterwards the torque curve was almost a straight line. The car drove so much better and the fuel consumption was vastly improved.

I am nothing to do with Interpro but having had so much done there they know me well. If you decide to go there tell them I sent you.

Jeff

wacky

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.

I think circuit motors looked at them previously when it was owned by the previous owner.

It might be perfectly OK, just tuned for top end and most power and not so good for fuel consumption.  Though its a bit fluffy at the lower revs.

Tony.

Lucky Ed

Have used both, and most recently used Dave at Interpro. He was really good and helpful, and as part of a full RR run he set up my 45's, and didn't even charge me for the jets, just swapped them for ones he has in his vast second hand stock ;D

Highly recommended 8)