News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MPG

Started by foggy, 25, May, 2011, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

MPG
After running out of petrol on my way to Stoneleigh (I filled up in Shirehampton)  I thought its time to have this looked at. F.M.C motor sports had a quick look last week and said that they would need more time on it. I know webbers are bad,so now they have the Hood in for a few days to sort it out, to try to up the mpg.{Saw a Blue Westy going along the Feeder,last nlght about 7 ish sounded quite nice, I was behind him on the motor bike.}So I await with baited breath to see what they can come up with.

Bulldog Bri

Did your MPG improve coming back from Stoneleigh keeping the speed down on the A roads?

8)

Denzle

What mpg are you getting then foggy.   Tell us more..

Denzle..... ;)

'The Gaffer'

About 6mpg wasn't it foggy? :o

foggy

Not quite sure how far Stoneliegh is from Shirehampton,I think I ran out about 10-15 miles out. Would'nt have made it back on the A roads either,had to fill up again.I think I have got a 30 litre tank. When I took it into FCM they did a quick C02 reading-you know the thing that they shove up the axhaust pipe,I think he said that mine was 9.5-it might have been higher,but that was the highest his machine would go! He also said the in line lead replacement gismo,was a waste of time and that he would take that out,because that device does not help,suggested I mix the lead replacement fluid in with the petrol. So I learnt another thing,I hav'nt got a unleaded head. But I am sure that he would have made some improvements. The plus side-he said that the engine sounded nice,but the smell of perol was a bit over powering-I knew that it was burning rich!