News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What should I get next or shall I keep the Tiger?

Started by stevel, 11, May, 2014, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevel

After damaging my back last year I thought I would sell the Tiger and have a years break.  After having a serious offer this week from the first person to view it, I was considering the next purchase in anticipation of next years summer.  Even with a modest 156 bhp the Tiger still gives 240 bhp per ton and a smile per mile without doubt.  No open tin top gets anywhere near that.  Based on not adding much to the Tiger pot the kit car world does not offer much that would be a lot better and probably not as tidy as the Tiger.  Now having serious doubts about it.  Looking for some thoughts from the Bristol massive.  Head says sell it, heart says keep it for next year when I am back to normal, whatever that is.  What would you do?.

fletch_306

I always believe these sorts of decisions should not be rushed as you normally regret the rush decisions.
I would say keep it until your better and then think about if you want to sell it. The other idea is buy something more comfortable but always make sure it's a kit car! ;D

Grin-a-lot

If you can afford to keep it and are happy with the condition of the car then keep it.  It might be a handy additional motivator to get well sooner!

Moleman

You probably know what I think. You have a tidy car there which you are happy with & know it inside out from the work you have done to it to what might need doing to it. You could sell it & buy a more comfortable kit but you may find the same problem about it not being the same as the tiger & more like a open tin top. Saying that the cobra could be a good one for you at the moment & are lovely motors but they are not cheap & not as good on a track day if you still want to do them.
So if you can keep it I would mate.  :)

Bulldog Bri

stevel

Well after your views, which I guess I already knew, I have made the biggest u-turn in history and declined to sell the Tiger.  I really hate doing that to somebody but the emotional impact on me and the kids was also bigger than I thought.  Looking at what I would get for it and what is on the market I would definitely have to add some more cash which defeats the object.  If I bought something else no doubt I would want to change things to get it to my liking.  The Tiger is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I would be better keeping that cash in reserve and spending it on a car I know and love if required.  I guess that sums it up really, the fact that I can say I love my car, the heart wins this time.  Hopefully Ryan will find another car and becomes a member of the BKCC which I have heavily promoted as the best club in the world!!

Bulldog Bri

Pilgrim Anna

It is a tidy car! I wouldn't sell it yet if your having doubts!  :-\Mayb go for something with a roof next year and more comfort?! Depends if you would like a kit car to use in all weathers. :)

Lucky Ed

Pleased to hear you're going to keep the old girl Steve.

Now you can spend the cash on upgrades :o :o ;D ;D

stevel

It was the obvious choice really but it took me too long to realise.  The kids are delighted but Melissa has had to cancel the Jimmy Choos, back to Primark for her shoe shopping.  You have got to get the priorities right!  Looking forward to the back improving, saw consultant Friday booked in for the next treatment in June.  Hope that does the trick.  Thanks all for confirming I have done the right thing.  See you soon.

Lucky Ed

Good luck with the treatment......keep taking the tablets ;D ;D ;D

Pilgrim Anna

speedy recovery for you with your back. You sound very pleased to have kept the Tiger :P. Glad you didn't sell her and then regret it! ;D

Moleman

That's really good to hear mate.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) You know it was the right thing.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hope the treatment goes well.  ;D

garry h

Definatly the right decision mate, hope all goes well with your treatment  :) :)

fletch_306

Good luck with the treatment. I'm sure you will not regret keeping the tiger.  :)

Iancider

And the same from me too Steve.  Remember Jeff Golblum in The Fly when he became ManFly.  A similar bond occurs with kit-cars and you become KitMan you can't split them once bonded!

All the best for you recovery
Ian