News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bye bye Ratbag

Started by benchmark51, 28, April, 2017, 04:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Boo hoo :'( :'(. Just seen Ratbag disappear down the road on the back of a transporter. Gone to a new home with a proper workshop. Keeping it was becoming too difficult as I was unable to get on with all the jobs needed. Working in between rain showers in the cold forced the issue. I didn't advertise it or prep it at all, just an 'out of the blue' offer ,so I took it. Now for the withdrawal symptoms I 'spose!

Still got the Quantum, but the 'main man' is gone, but not forgotten..........

fullpint

I know the feeling mate :( When I saw both of mine heading off on a transporter.. I do love this RS Focus but feel the need for that second :) Just not found it yet!!!! Should really pop to the kitcar show this weekend but its a tad too far to leave my old dog on her own for the day..

benchmark51

I have the same problem with Rex. Though dogs are allowed there, Brian and Anna take theirs every year. Not sure if there are certain areas you can't take them though. Be a no show from me this year, perhaps I will make it to the Shepton shows instead.

'The Gaffer'

End of an era, been there myself a few times :'(

Vindicator

Have you seen a recent 'Men and Motors' on You Tube Phil, ....they're in Holland looking at a certain kit car collection and there's a familiar Cyclone appearing a few times......

fullpint

Thats our Dutch-man Baz .. Loves buying up all our kit-cars :) :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Vindicator on 02, May, 2017, 07:54:42 AM
Have you seen a recent 'Men and Motors' on You Tube Phil, ....they're in Holland looking at a certain kit car collection and there's a familiar Cyclone appearing a few times......

Just watched it, Baz has had 2 of my cars 8)

benchmark51

I'm a bit jealous of all the cars he has, but more so of the space!!

I keep looking at cars, even made a bid on one! Collected my senses and let the bidding progress without me. It's no good without a workshop or garage, which is why I sold Ratbag.

fullpint

Don't know how you managed over the years mate.. Garage is a must.. :)

benchmark51

fullpint

Saw that a month ago Dave.. Does looks interesting but has no roof, screen or HEATER :) :) That's the mistake I made when I got the Toniq R .. Oh well I'm sure I will be mobile soon...

benchmark51

I thought that, but it has a tonneau cover which could be made to zip up the middle or around each seat.
A  T7 design heater for £100 works well. Or make a roof!

But now we're getting into workshop stuff aren't we? Ok, perhaps not. ;D ;)