+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Friend/family to 'the gaffer' and 'speedy j'

Started by Gaffers_sis, 27, February, 2011, 10:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffers_sis

Hello I'm Sophia aka 'gaffers_sis' I'm phils sister-in-law and jo's sister. I have been admiring your club from afar and have been encouraged to join despite the fact I drive a Renault Clio!

David H

'The Gaffer'

Hello Sophia and a warm welcome to our club.

First thing we have to do is get you out of that Clio and into a kit car :)

Look forward to seeing you at a meet or event soon.

Denzle

Hello Gaffers_Sis and a very warm welcome to the best car club in the U.K.... ;)

Thats because our Gaffer is the best in the U.K..... ;D

Renault Clio............. Mmmmmm......If thats what turns you on, then who are we to say... ;D

Hope to see you soon at one of our meets....  :-*

Denzle..

paintman

Hi Gaffers-Sis.  Nice to have you aboard. 

The daughter will be pleased to have more female company when she comes with me!

Tony

Krazyken

Hi Gaffers Sis

I see that you come from the glamourous side of the family!!!

Gaffers_sis

Thanks! Maybe I'll be brave enough to come out to a meet with speedy j soon, I'll leave the Clio at home!

Grin-a-lot

Hello from me too, perhaps we can squeeze a bike engine into your Clio?  When I was at uni we put a light aircraft engine (cessna) into a Renault 5 so I'm sure it'd be do-able..!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 28, February, 2011, 09:36:27 PM
Hello from me too, perhaps we can squeeze a bike engine into your Clio?  When I was at uni we put a light aircraft engine (cessna) into a Renault 5 so I'm sure it'd be do-able..!

Thats a good point Soph, I'm sure we could butcher your car and bang a busa in it ;)

paintman

I bet that made the car fly..........sorry, couldn't resist it.  lol :P

David H

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 28, February, 2011, 09:45:14 PM

Thats a good point Soph, I'm sure we could butcher your car and bang a busa in it ;)

BUUUSSSAAAAAAA

My sodding paint ran when I sprayed lacquer on my helmet. What do you reckon to that?!

Grin-a-lot

Car certainly did fly! The engine got fitted and we designed the gearbox for it.  When it finally hit the road it gave a Porsche 911 quite a surprise!  He didn't expect a beat up Renault 5 Campus to spank him like it did.

Sadly the DVLA has rules about putting airplane engines in cars and we couldn't make it road legal so it died a death.

Gaffers_sis

I'm getting concerned now that I'll come back to my car one day after visiting speedy j to find an aeroplane engine in my Clio! It would be quite funny though as it would shut up my friend who drives his focus ST like a nutter

David H

We can definitely make your car faster than his. Just pop it in the workshop, leave it for a few weeks and I guarantee it will come back to you quick.

A couple of quick questions before you leave it with us;

Did you want to keep the rear seats?

Have you driven a rear wheel drive car before?

Do you mind having a parachute strapped to the back?

Gaffers_sis

Haha I wouldn't mind losing the back seats that'll stop people scabbing lifts off me

David H