Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newby

Started by Newton, 24, April, 2011, 12:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newton

Hi Guys,

I'm Rob, I've been playing with cars for a few years, building, navigating and driving.

I'm currently in the process of building an Ibex 250S from my Land Rover 90 donor.  The toy I drive when the weather's fine is a Westy Megablade.   Otherwise its a Range Rover which should be replaced by the Ibex when finished - its costing me a sodding fortune in petrol at the moment :(.

Look forward to seeing you at Keynsham next month.

Rob

WALNUT

Hi Rob, Welcome to the club.

Tony

peetee

'Mendip Wurzel'

Psymon

Hello and welcome Rob..

Simon.

'The Gaffer'

Hi Rob and a warm welcome to our club. Look forward to catching up with you soon :)

stupott901

hello and welcome

Stu

Bulldog Bri

Hiya, and welcome. Are you going to Stoneleigh this year?

8)

Quarrycars

Hi Rob, welcome to the club.  Please forgive my lack of knowledge but what is an Ibex?  The only LR based kit I was aware of is the Dakar.

David H

Newton

Hi guys

Thanks for warm welcome.

I'm planning to go to Stoneleigh on Monday - let me know if any others of you are planning a blat north ;D

As for the Ibex - they're prety rare I've got chassis No 94 and they've been making them for 20 + years.  They're made by Foers who are a father and son team (John & David) now based in Hexham ( a flipping long way to go to pick the body up).  One of my neighbours built chassis No 4, when I was still young and living with parents, 20 years later  I'm in mid rebuild of my LR90 and having been messed about by LR providing me with a replacement chassis I decide to change course.  The beauty of the Ibex is the chassis is fabricated from hollow box section steel including upper frame, which doubles as roll protection, and folded fire wall all of which is then hot dip galvanised.  Its designed for proper off roading and has no overhang front or rear which makes it look like a Tonka toy on steroids.  To put this in context the 250S has a 100" wheelbase (same as Discoveries) but is shorter than a standard Defender 90.  Will put some photos up on build page shortly.

Rob

Quarrycars

Sounds like a neat vehicle, I always liked the 100" wheelbase for the best handling onroad with a decent breakover offroad.  The Disco handled best, the Classic with the viscus center lock tends to understeer a bit.  Looking forward to the pictures.

Krazyken

Hi Rob & Welcome, can't wait to see the Ibex.

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome to the club :D

John

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Rob ;D

Denzle

Hi Rob, and a very warm welcome to the best club in the UK..... 8)

Cheers...Denzle... ;)