+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New member from Yeovil

Started by fletch_306, 02, September, 2013, 09:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch_306

Hi all been a bit of a bad person here and again been one of these people who hasn't introduced themselves.

I purchased a Tiger Supersix in July as i don't have the facility to build a kit car from scratch just yet.

However after not even making it home after purchase in london (broken alternator and steering wheel. :o )  I feel it may have been cheaper and easier to build from scratch, but i will not let it beat me in fact a challenge is what i like. Oh and the M27 is a scary road to break down on.

I will try and keep you all posted as to what i have done and what i am currently doing as i do it.
|Hope to get to some meets etc... but first need new cycle wings.....

Look forward to chatting and sharing my love of all things car and kit!!

Fletch

'The Gaffer'

Hi Fletch and a warm welcome to our club.

Hope you have better luck with your car, but no one on here will tell you they are the most reliable vehicles in the world ;D

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome :) Trust me, it ain't cheap to build from scratch, I speak from experience ;)

fletch_306

Thanks guys,

Don't think rebuild is going to be cheap either!

The electrics on the car are a right mess and that really isn't helping, who would even think of using household flex for car wiring?

So number three on the list is complete rewire (one was service, two was securing the steering rack, more on that later).

Fun is always more important than reliability in my book, but for now i'm keeping close to home.  :D

Moleman

Hello & welcome Fletch.
You will find it all worth it once it's running well & your driving it more often  :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fletch_306 on 02, September, 2013, 09:40:50 PM
The electrics on the car are a right mess and that really isn't helping, who would even think of using household flex for car wiring.

Ooooppp's I hope the rest of the build was a little more sensible, no doubt you will find out as time goes on.

paintman

Good luck with new car and welcome.....you won't regret getting it, I guarantee that!!!! ;) ;)

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Good luck with the new car .... I reckon most kitcar purchases involve a whole shed load of repairs and alterations, so you are not alone.
Enjoy your tinkering....   

YellaBelly

The one thing with Kit cars is that they are never 'finished' :D

With regards the wiring, I would highly recommend the 'thin wall' type. I used it a lot on my wiring as I made the loom from scratch so I could be sure it was all good condition. Thin wall makes a fair bit of difference to the final loom size ;)

dave_bence

fullpint

The joys of running a kit car mate...
Welcome along Fletch..

garry h

Hello Fletch and welcome.Sounds very similar to my purchase but now six months on and nearly road worthly,boy is  it worth it :) :) :) :) :) :) :) enjoy.

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club Fletch, hope you can make it up to a few meetings from time to time, or any run outs when we go south ;D

8)

Gertfun

Hello and welcome. I'm in yeovil too if you ever need a hand or coffee!

Sprint 7

Welcome Fletch, hope your '7' isn't held together with M6 roofing bolts as mine was As long as you stick with it you'll enjoy altering things and putting stuff right as I did. That really is the best bit of kit car building cos  you can say "I did that" !! 8) 8) 8)